• Inﬁnite scroll
• Great UI and UX
• Women love it
• Growing like mad
18. USE IT OR LOSE IT
• Doing social? Use Facebook and
Twitter, try out new services
• Make sure your share buttons
work the way they should
• Not developing for mobile ﬁrst?
Probably a mistake.
19. PLAY NICE WITHTHE BIG
“The arrival of Facebook’s Open
Graph has created a new breed of
supercharged startups. [..] SocialCam
added 20 million users in just two
weeks after it joined the club.“
20. NEVER LAUNCH EMPTY
• Amazon without books?
Facebook without people?
Reddit without links?
• Build a starting data set and
keep adding to it; disguise
how small it is
21. TRICKINGTHE USERS
• Nir Eyal,“The Desire Engine”
• How to get the users to use our service
• Excellent intro to brain hacking
• Only for the light side of the force
• Social everything: solitary activities turning into group ones
• Social is changing real world:AirBnB, Prevoz.org, ZipCar
• Social enterprise: almost 90% of Fortune 500,Yammer
• Gamiﬁcation: making boring stuff fun
• Content snacking: average time in app = 1 minute