With online ticket sales, long queues for buying tickets at the museums will be eliminated and people will be more eager to go to the museums.Facebook and Twitter account to attract social followers interest and open public blog accounts to receive visitors feedbacksSmart phone applications for the geographical location about museums, exhibition activity lists, useful information about the history and glorious attractiveness of museums will be the way to enter people’s pocket
For example, Prado Museum in Madrid has a recorded inventory and via the agreement they have made with Google, all the people in the world can follow the archive of this museum. In Turkey, it is always said that there are huge archives in public museums but those archive cannot be seen digitally.It may be good to just show some part of the exhibition digitally, so people who see the exhibitions digitally will be eager to visit the museum and see the rest of the exhibition directly at the museum
1. BUS 545 Business 2.0: Digital Age<br />Developing Marketing Strategies for Public Museums via Digital Media<br />18 May 2011<br />
6. Turkish Museum Sector and Their Marketing Plans
7. The comparison of the services between private museums and public museums
8. How public museums should be introduced via digital Media
9. Conclusion</li></li></ul><li>Introduction<br />Generation-Y is in a hurry<br />Web 2.0 makes user create and manage their own content<br />Digital social media are the way to reach today’s and tomorrow’s young generation <br />As in almost all sectors, museums should use digital media to attract more visitors <br />
10. Marketing of Museum Services<br />Digital marketing<br />Corporate communication<br />Visitors relations<br />Museum service areas<br />
11. Museum Marketing via Digital Media<br />Interactive websites with effective management strategy.<br />Online customer surveys to evaluate customer satisfaction.<br />E-shops for museum gifts and online ticket sales.<br />Social media accounts such as facebook and twitter. <br />Utilize internet advertisements and e-learning tools.<br />Digital games over social media.<br />Smart phone applications.<br />Mobile marketing activities.<br />Broadcasting interesting digital videos over the social media such as vimeo or youtube<br />
12. Public vs. Private Museums<br />Private museums not only demonstrate old cultures, but also represent today’s culture of the modern world. <br />Same exhibition in public museums, updated different era’s representation in private museums<br /><ul><li>More marketing budget in private museums
13. Public museums represent the old civilizations by themselves with their original historical buildings.
14. Students are the main customer of public museums</li></li></ul><li>Public Museums & Digital Media<br />Inventory database should be shared on the digital platforms<br />No enterprise 2.0 in their organizations, and poor IT infrastructure.<br />Should show some parts exhibitions <br />and collections digitally.<br /><ul><li>Digital games/polls in the mobile/social media with small gifts.
15. Visitor database, surveys on digital media, valuable visitors feedback via social media; facebook, twitter, blogs, etc. </li></li></ul><li>Conclusion<br />Digital and non-digital marketing activities in private museums, insufficient digital marketing in public museums. <br />More marketing budget and modern updated exhibitions are neededin public museums <br />Improved digital activities; inventory, visitors feedback, and digital media applications would amplify public museums voice.<br />
16. Digital Media Applications<br />http://www.slideshare.net/grouporion<br />http://www.delicious.com/grouporion<br />http://www.istanbulmuzeleri.blogspot.com/<br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/61106248@N06/5653310573/in/photostream/<br />http://www.vimeo.com/22641145<br />https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Kx3RtWEoDgEpdfRAFAEhRRhOkGj0RsfnWcSbd5-Bm0/edit?hl=en#<br />