19. iPhone Only Part of World Wide Market Symbian Android RIM iPhone Windows Other 4% 4% 16% 37% 16% 23% Android 23%, iPhone 16% in 2010 http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1421013
20. U.S. Smartphone Subscribers Feb 2011 Android RIM iPhone Windows Palm Others 2.8% 7.7% 2% 33.0% 25.2% 28.9% http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2011/1/ comScore_Reports_November_2010_U.S._Mobile_Subscriber_Market_Share
21. Know Your Demographics Blackberry has Emerging markets40% 80%global enterprise of worldwide mobile market. MMS traffic.
22. Know Your Geography Blackberry has Sharp sells 37% 80% Latin America of its phones insmartphone market. Japan, leads market. Most popular phone for youth in Brazil is Blackberry. Blackberry Messenger is Addictive. Network Effects. Source: http://bit.ly/dlpGt8
23. What are your customers using? Ask ThemUse Mobile Analytics
24. DOs#2 Look beyond native apps to mobile web, SMS & MMS
25. BMW Turned $70k MMS into $45M Revenue
26. CHALLENGE:Find a single report that doesn’t show exponential growth for mobile web.
27. DOs#3 Apps for Your Most Loyal Customers, Add Value
28. iPhone App Generated $600M in First Year
29. Second App for Most Avid Deal Hunters
30. Reward People for Downloading Your App Take Advantage of Mobile Capabilities
31. DOs#4 Understand Mobile Context
32. Create a product,don’t re-imagine onefor small screens.Great mobileproducts are created,never ported. –Brian Fling