2. Introduction• In this presentation you will learn about the different systems of measuring including time.• You will also learn about how measurement can be used in everyday life.
3. Metric system• The metric system is one of the most widely used systems of measurement.• The units in the metric system such as kilo and deka are all based on factors of 10.• Meter is for length,kilogram is for mass.• Since the 1960’s the International System of units is the recognized metric system.
4. Time• Time is actually a form of measurement.Without time you would be late for school.• Time is the most important unit of measurement.Time repeats it self for each day.• By looking at are watches we measure time.
5. Imperial system• The Imperial system is called the u.s customary unit in the U.S.A it is called the imperial system in the U.K.• The imperial system uses pounds,stone,mph.• The imperial system is very old and everyone now uses the metric system.• The customary system is the same as the imperial system just
6. How measurement is connected to materials• Measurement is used for building and mining.• Measurement is used for measuring house’s and cars.• Measurement is used for clothes. Theodalite
7. Measurement picture gallery
8. Credits• Google Images• Wikipedia• Google Search• brain pop