1. Good Day! DRAW A LINE SEPARATING TODAY & YESTERDAY 1) Write: Date: 01/15/10 , Topic: Hitler Youth 2) On the next line, write “ Opener #7 ” and then: 1) Plot your mood, reflect in 1 sent . 2) Respond to the opener by writing at least 2 sentences about : Your opinions/thoughts OR/AND Questions sparked by the clip OR/AND Summary of the clip OR/AND Other things going on in the news. Announcements: None (28:30) Intro Music: Untitled
2. Agenda 1) Hitler Youth End Goal, you will be able to… 1) What was life like in Nazi Germany? Reminder 1) Find & complete your 4 news pods
3. Work #7a , Title “ Video: Hitler Youth ” 1) Copy Source Title: Europa Europa + PBS 2…) Discuss questions on the board with a partner. Summarize your discussion ( include their name at the end ). Remember participation points are deducted if off task. 5 Reading/Film Qs Come From These Work Sections Time Bookmark: EE: 58:08, HY: 10:35, Race
4. Notes #7a , Title: “ Nazi Life ” 1) Joseph Goebbels (1897-1945) : control all media a) Nazi use advertising, radio, mass rallies b) Non-conforming books banned/burned
7. Work #7b , Title “ Video: Joseph Goebbels ” 1) Copy Source Title: American Experience 2…) Discuss questions on the board with a partner. Summarize your discussion ( include their name at the end ). Remember participation points are deducted if off task. 5 Reading/Film Qs Come From These Work Sections Time Bookmark: 00:00
9. Work #7c , Title “ Script ” 1) Write a brief “treatment” about Life in Nazi Germany . Capture of the core ideas + emotions . SCRIPT FORMAT i) WRITE LOCATION OF YOUR SCENE IN CAPS. ii) Under the caps location title, describe the scene and opening actions in lower case. iii) SKIP A SPACE, CENTERED, WRITE CHARACTER NAME IN CAPS. iv) Under the caps character name, centered, write the dialogue in lower case. v) Any (action) taken by the character is placed in () , centered with in the dialogue.
10. Work #7d , Title “ AV Prep ” Role 1-Leader: Improves/ edits the script ( 1-setup, 2-conflict, 3-resolution ), rehearses script with the presenter, directs the presenter during the recording, maximizes group contributions, and holds larger responsibility ( +-1 EC point ) Role 2-Writer/Designer: Writes the script (+-5 EC Points) Role 3-Presenter: On air presenter. Role 4-Logistics: In charge of checking out/in and taking care of equip + sound. Scenario: Spielberg has hired you to write a script for a new movie that helps ppl understand Nazism. In Your Workbook: 1) Write down your role. 2) Write down what you need to do or bring for block day’s filming.
11. Laptop Block: 4 Participation points for the two per group who bring laptops
12. Homework: 1) Study today’s notes + work sections for a possible workbook quiz . 2) Pick and listen to your 4 news podcast by next Monday. 3) If assigned, please bring laptops on block day (Wednesday) + any digital sound effects . Workbook Check: If your name is called, drop off your workbook with Mr. Chiang ( if requested, points lost if your workbook is not turned in )