1. SepTemBer 2009 TriViTa.ComGUARD YOUR HEART AND SAVE!Enjoy 50% savings on HCY Guard®NOPALEA’S ROLEin rebuilding vitalityDEBORAH’S INSPIRINGsurvival storyVITAVITAGloria & Raymondmake healthy livingA FAMILY AFFAIRNOPALEA’S ROLEin rebuilding vitalityin rebuilding vitalityNOPALEA’S ROLEin rebuilding vitalityDEBORAH’S INSPIRINGsurvival storyDEBORAH’S INSPIRINGsurvival story
2. Make healthcare aboutwellness, not sicknessby michael r. ellison, Ceo & Founder of TriVita, inc.Healthcare reform is a hot topic in 2009!Unfortunately, the focus of reform is on sick care. It doesn’tbegin to address optimizing health through knowledge oflifestyle modifications and their impact on health.At TriVita®, we believe the body is designed to heal itself – if giventhe right nutrients and nurturing. Please do not misunderstand me:We are not ignorant of the wonderful services our medical professionals provide which helppeople achieve better health. But, having relationships with many physicians, I can say thatthey would truly want patients to embrace the lifestyle essentials we teach at TriVita. Thiswould help their patients avoid the health traps and elevated disease risk that come withpoor habits.There is so much a person can do to lower the health risks that plague the average NorthAmerican! But the answer does not lie in providing more sick care. If we do not change ourviews about health and wellness, we will never have the resources to properly care for all thepeople who will have critical health problems. Just like we need financial system reform fromthe bottom up (everyone managing their debt to income and equity ratios), we need wellnessreform. People must become knowledgeable about the risks they take by embracing certainlifestyle and eating habits. There are many things a person can do to achieve better health,and if our nation would embrace them, it would put much less strain on the healthcaresystem and reduce the mountains of debt that system is creating.I know I may be preaching to the choir of TriVita Members who are embracing the 10Essentials and supplementing... but can we create a healthcare movement that becomes avoice for change? Many people today are very concerned about the environment, and “goinggreen” is a major movement. I want to be a leader for the well-being of everyone. Let’s createa wellness movement!Let’s start by educating ourselves about crucial health markers. If we will embrace themand commit to bringing them to an ideal range, we will reap significant health rewards. Itreally is as simple as adjusting your lifestyle – the same way you adjust to rising and fallingtemperatures. If the temperature goes down to 30 below zero, you dress to avoid frostbite anddetermine your outdoor activities accordingly. Extreme heat requires lifestyle modificationsas well. Here in the desert, where temperatures can go above 115° F, there are just certainadjustments you make or you die of heatstroke.It can be a fun challenge when you embrace your health marker numbers and resolve tobring them into an ideal range. On page 21 you’ll find the health marker numbers you willwant to know and manage through lifestyle choices. By managing these numbers, you canhelp optimize your health. Homocysteine is a health marker number you will definitely wantIf we do not change our views about health and wellness,we will never have the resources to properly care for all thepeople who will have critical health problems.10Essentialsfor health and wellnessJoin with TriVita as we begin our seconddecade of health and wellness for all. Weencourage you to experience wellness™through these 10 Essentials, created toenhance life in wonderful ways.Physical1. Breathe DeeplyInhale life fully, cleanse your bodyof toxins and feel calm.2. Drink WaterAs you quench your thirst for water,you also boost your energy.3. Sleep PeacefullyRest, repair, rejuvenate: a regular sleeproutine lets your body do its work.4. Eat NutritiouslyChoose healthy, wholesome foodsto fuel a healthy body and mind.5. Enjoy ActivityMove it to improve it! Your whole beingbeneﬁts from an active lifestyle.Emotional6. Give and Receive LoveFeel the power of positive emotions whileyou strengthen your immune system.7. Be ForgivingTo be at peace, unburden yourself ofhostility and resentment towards others.8. Practice GratitudeGratitude brings gratiﬁcation: less stress,more joy, greater well-being.9. Develop AcceptanceReleasing what you can’t change freesyou from worry and enriches your life.Spiritual10. Develop a Relationship with GodNourish your spirituality to nourishpersonal growth and happiness.Article from Michael Ellison continued on page 21...trivita.com2 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessBe ForgivingSee page 18
3. 4 Lowering Homocysteine (HCY)to Reduce Health RiskHCY Guard®can dramaticallyreduce high HCY.6 Absorption is EverythingWhen It Comes to B-12Insist on TriVita® Sublingual B-12for maximum absorption.8 Cravings CausingYou to Overeat?Maintain a healthy “personal foodenvironment” for optimum weight.10 How Nopalea™ Aids in HealingBetalain antioxidants play a vitalrole in rebuilding cells.15 You’ve Asked If NopaleaCan Help PetsHere’s what grateful ownersare saying.SEPTEMBER2009Inside16 It’s a Family AffairGloria and Raymond arethrilled by what TriVitaproducts have done.25 Deborah’s AmazingSurvival StoryTriVita supplements havehelped her triumph overtremendous adversity.Is someone in your life at risk fromunhealthy levels of homocysteine?This issue of the VitaJournal will help yoube more informed on the potential dangers ofthis amino acid, and the benefits of TriVita’sHCY Guard. It puts me in mind of all theserious, degenerative diseases linked to excesshomocysteine – especially Alzheimer’s. It’s sucha frightening disease, and one that touched myown life recently.Raymond and Joan, my next-door neighbors,are a lovely couple in their 80s. They metwhen he was a ski instructor in Vail while theywere both in their 20s. They were high-energy,active people who, up until a few years ago,still skied and spent weeks backpacking indifferent locations.It wasn’t until last year that I connected withthese two. One day, after struggling to attachthe handle to my new vacuum cleaner, I sawtheir garage door open and went over to ask forhelp. It took about five minutes for Raymondto attach it, and the next thing I knew, I wasbeing invited to join them for one of Joan’sdelicious gourmet meals. I admit, as a vibrant,healthy woman I didn’t expect to enjoy beingwith a couple in their 80s, but I truly did.Raymond and Joan showed me around a homefull of memorabilia from their ski trips, as wellas trophies they won competing in marathons.They seemed so happy, and the way theyreferred to each other as “lover” was enough tomake my own heart flutter. I remember thinkingto myself, “I want that.” I soon discovered that Ihad an untapped resource living right next doorto me. Sure, they were much older than me, butthe wisdom and love this couple had to share,not to mention their zest for life, was contagious.However, the vibrant health that Raymond hadexuded for all these years seemed to suddenlycome to a standstill. Joan recently invited me todinner, and I felt the desperation in her voiceas she almost begged me to come over. We satdown to eat and spent the next hour talkingand laughing. It wasn’t long after dinner thatRaymond suddenly disappeared into the backroom, and Joan began to pour out her heart.September 2009 l 3ON MY MINDEDITOR’S NOTEEditor’s Note continued on page 27...The toxic truthabout what’s in yourpersonal products.29Vital C’s crystalline structurehelps promote heart health.19Which foods help protectagainst high homocysteine?26
4. Call toll-free to order 1-800-991-7116.Help reduce the risk of degenerativediseases by taking HCY Guard daily• HCY Guard has been clinically proven to lower dangeroushomocysteine levels 30-40% in just 42 days• Taken daily, HCY Guard ensures that you continue tomaintain healthy homocysteine levels• HCY Guard has an exclusive blend of nutrients, speciﬁcallychosen for their ability to protect against homocysteineescaping into your bloodstreamHCY Guard®#30460Non-Member $29.99Member $23.99Redeem with 240 VitaPointsIhave to admit –my impatienceled me to proposeHCY Guard®tothe Product Teamat TriVita®.Medical science proceeds slowly along apredictable pathway:• First, an observation must be madeand it must be complete• Next, it must be confirmed bymultiple people• Finally, it needs to be accepted in multiplecountries over a substantial period of timeWilliam Osler, the father of modern medicineonce said, “The edifice of medicine reposesentirely on facts... Truth cannot be elicitedbut from those which have been well andcompletely observed.”Observation takes time. In the case ofhomocysteine (HCY), we knew that it wasimportant in building healthy protein. Weobserved that it was elevated in diseasestates. How do we connect them?Dr. Kilmer McCully, an early pioneer inhomocysteine research came up with aprovocative hypothesis in 1966 when heconnected homocysteine to oxidized LDL(low density lipoprotein). LDL has two forms:a good form that nourishes your brain and abad form that causes heart attacks and stroke.You may remember that LDL is also called“bad cholesterol,” “lousy cholesterol,” “lethalcholesterol,” etc.The shocking connection betweenhigh HCY and heart attacks/strokesLDL is usually – but NOT ALWAYS – quitehigh when a person has a heart attack. However,HCY is ALWAYS high when a person has a heartattack or stroke – even when LDL is normal.Here’s another stunning fact: Blood levels ofcholesterol are normal in fully half of the peoplehaving a heart attack!Dr. McCully suggested that perhaps HCYwas creating inflammation in LDL, makingeven “normal” levels of LDL lethal, sinceinflamed LDL rips through a blood vessellike a cannonball through tissue paper.Once inside the artery wall, HCY ignitesLDL and starts a “grease fire” that inflamesand hardens your blood vessels.This theory seemed to have some supportbecause every time we discovered highhomocysteine, we also discovered inflammationin the LDL and blood vessels. Meanwhile,the homocysteine story was becoming morecomplicated because discoveries in medicinewere connecting elevated HCY to kidneyBrazos MinshewRESEARCH PROVESby lowering high homocysteine (HCY)you can reduce health riskTriVita’s hCy Guard has shown dramatic results in combating high hCyBy Brazos Minshew, TriVita Chief Science OﬃcerBuy oneHCY Guardget second one50% OFFgood through 9-30-09
5. 1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 5disease, osteoporosis, lung disease, hemorrhagicstroke, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. LDLcholesterol has no effect on these systems;high homocysteine does!Why HCY research suddenly stoppedNew theories about the role of HCY began toproliferate and it seemed as if medical sciencewas on the cusp of a breakthrough with HCYresearch. Then, the funding dried up andresearch into a solution for elevated HCYslowed and nearly stopped. Why? Was it becausethere is no scientific evidence? No; it’s preciselybecause Dr. McCully found a non-drug “cure”for elevated homocysteine before the researchprocess was complete.If you believe that people are victims of badgerms and bad genes, then the solution youlook for will likely come in the form of a drugto combat these malevolent forces. Dr. McCullybelieves as many of us do: The diseases that havebecome prevalent in the 21st century arise fromthe choices we made in the 20th century. Wehave these illnesses often because of a lack ofproper nutrients and nurturing.Dr. McCully proposed a simple list of nutrientsthat would reduce the excess homocysteinelevels down to the point where they could onceagain participate in making great proteins butnot cause disease. His formula was studied inhumans and in the study, homocysteine wasreduced by about 25% in two years.A life-saving discovery for onlypennies a dayFor every point you reduce your HCY, youreduce your chances of heart attack and stroke;so, this was a life-saving discovery for onlypennies a day! As a scientist, I proposed aformula that “guarded” all of the places wherehomocysteine might escape into your blood-stream. I also fed energy into every point alongthe journey where a lack of energy might slowthe process down. The result was that HCYGuard reduced homocysteine by 35% – and inonly six weeks compared to 25% in two years!Now I’ll explain my impatience. You see, drugdevelopment often takes several years. First,the observations must be made. Then, thehypothesis must be fully integrated. Next theunknown biochemistry must be theorizedand integrated with the known biochemistry.Then the trials begin: Single chemicalsare inserted into various places along abiochemical chain and observations madeabout the outcome. This is often performedon animals and it may go on for generations.Modifications are made as the animal modelsare studied and the cycle begins again. Humanstudies could be years away.By the time a new drug – say, a drug toreduce homocysteine – is released it may be20 years or more from the first observations.Dr. McCully had already proven that nutrients– not drugs – are the best way to help reducehomocysteine and therefore reduce the diseaserisk associated with elevated homocysteine.Besides, I join people such as Alfred Libby,Kilmer McCully and Linus Pauling in thebelief that we as individuals can select betterhealth by making responsible choices. Wecan choose nutrients and nurturing and, thus,have a better life.The Senior Executive Team at TriVita wasalready accustomed to working with suchgiants in medicine. So, when I requestedfunding to have this theory tested by MarkMattie M.D., Ph.D. at Yale University andBridgeport College, they were glad to providethe resources we needed.Amazing research results confirmTriVita’s HCY Guard’s valueThe process was arduous but the results wereworth it! We now have published researchthat clearly demonstrates HCY Guard canhelp your body reduce homocysteine by 35%in just 42 days. This means that people at riskfor such horrible conditions as heart attacks,stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and osteoporosis areexperiencing wellness when they regularly takeTriVita’s HCY Guard.Once in awhile I think of the progress made bynoble and disciplined minds that came beforeme and I berate myself for my impatience. Then,I go to the warehouse and watch the boxes ofHCY Guard flying off the shelves to places allover North America and I think to myself,“Today we changed a life with these nutrients;maybe today we saved a life because we wereunwilling to wait for a pharmaceutical solutionto a nutritional problem.” HCY is powerfully linked to themost horrible diseases we face.High HCY and inflammation – key causes of cardiac diseaseHigh homocysteine levels can lead to dangerous inflammation. This in turn can causeatherosclerosis, a disease in which plaque builds up on the insides of your arteries.Arteries are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood to your heart and other parts ofyour body. Plaque is made up of fat, cholesterol, calcium and other substances found inthe blood. Over time, plaque hardens and narrows your arteries. The flow of oxygen-richblood to your organs and other parts of your body is reduced. This can lead to seriousproblems, including heart attack, stroke or even death.Narrowing of arteryAbnormalblood flowPlaqueNarrowed arteryPlaqueNormal artery ArterywallNormal blood flowArtery cross-section
6. trivita.com6 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessScott Conard, M.D., is the founder of TienaHealth,an organization of medical doctors in primarycare practice who emphasize healthy lifestylesto maintain wellness. Dr. Conard is considereda national expert on disease prevention.TienaHealth also conducts clinical trials.Scott Conard, M.D.Founder, TienaHealthMy patients often ask mequestions about supple-menting with VitaminB-12, and from time to timethe topic isn’t just about why tosupplement, but how. It’s a keyquestion, because the way a B-12supplement is formulated, and howit gets into your system, are vitallyimportant. Without the proper formand quality, you might as well notsupplement at all!In today’s marketplace there are several forms ofB-12 now competing for your time and money:• Shots. These have been around forsome time. While effective, they canbe both painful and expensive.• Sprays. These are intended to besprayed directly into the mouth, soyou basically swallow the vitamin.• Patches. These are worn on the skin,and the manufacturer claims that their“transdermal” delivery (through theskin) gets B-12 into your bloodstream.• Pills. Two types: those you swallowwhole, and those that are “sublingual,”dissolving under the tongue.Naturally, I can’t advise you on yourindividual health issues, but I can tell youwhat I tell my patients: Only TriVita B-12products are formulated and manufactured tothe highest standards, and designed to giveyou maximum absorption. (A note on sprays,and pills that you swallow: only 1-3% oftheir B-12 can be absorbed into your system,according to TriVita Chief Science OfficerBrazos Minshew.)People come back to TriVita B-12If you’re a regular VitaJournal reader, you’veprobably noticed a theme in the storiesfrom people who won’t be without TriVitaSublingual B-12 products: Those who havetried another product just don’t getthe results they want, and they comeback to TriVita.Time and again, Members of our wellnesscommunity report that other products don’tgive them the energy, the mood balanceor the mental clarity they get with TriVitaB-12. As you may know, if you’re over 40,a strict vegetarian or have thyroid, liveror kidney problems, you’re at risk for B-12deficiency. As we age, our bodies may becomeless able to absorb some vitamins efficiently,especially B-12.So if you want to get the full benefit ofsupplementation, you need to know that onlyTriVita’s B-12 products give you these impor-tant benefits:• Dr. Alfred Libby’s original, patentedsublingual (under-the-tongue) deliverysystem for maximum absorption• Nutrient-based, with no stimulantsB-12 Updateby Dr. Scott ConardAbsorbing the truth about B-12For maximum benefit, insist on superior formula and quality: TriVita Sublingual B-12
7. 1-800-991-7116Faster-acting, longer-lastingand more potent than ever beforewith three times the Vitamin B-12TriVita Super Sublingual B-12 helps you achieve:• Sustained mental energy, stamina and alertness• Improved mood with a more positive outlook on life• Greater mental focus, clarity and concentration• Sharper memory with less forgetfulnessPlus, Super Sublingual B-12 gives your brainand nerves the essential nutrients they need tohelp replenish brain fuel and help repair damaged nerves.And all this is yours with a convenient, once-a-day tablet.Alfred Libby, M.D. – Inventor of TriVita Sublingual B-12, B-6 & Folic AcidDr. Libby, a renowned nutraceutical pioneer, worked to help hundreds of patients feel betterevery day. An associate of Dr. Linus Pauling (Nobel Prize Laureate), Dr. Libby developed thisunique, sublingual delivery system for his own patients. It was known to give similarmental energy results as B-12 shots, but without the shots’ added pain and expense. Alfred Libby, M.D.SUPER SUBLINGUALB-12AVAILABLEEXCLUSIVELY FROMTRIVITATriVita SuperSublingual B-12#33356Non-Member $28.99Member $22.99Redeem with 230 VitaPointsTriVita SuperSPECIALPRICEFor maximum sustainedmental energy takeTriVita SuperSublingual B-12Call toll-free to order 1-800-991-7116or visit us at trivita.com• Pharmaceutical-grade quality• Clinically tested for purityand effectivenessWhat’s more, the same 10 FoundationalValues that back all TriVita products ensurethat the B-12 you take from TriVita is simplythe best available. (See page 31 for theimpressive details.)Have you decided to supplement your dietwith Vitamin B-12? Are you wondering whichof the options available today offers the bestquality and absorption? My advice is simple:Take TriVita B-12 and stay with it.We all need B vitamins to be our best andfeel energized and upbeat. That’s why I tell mypatients that their best choice is TriVita.SUCCESS STORIES“At 83 years young, I’m cleaning yardspart time for exercise.”“It was just over two yearsago that my wife and Istarted using TriVita SuperSublingual B-12 for energy,and we couldn’t be happierabout our choice.My wife, who is 74 years young, operatesher own house-cleaning business. To saythat Super B-12 has been an energy boosterfor her is putting it mildly: she cleans a homeeach day – sometimes two! I don’t knowmany people her age who can keep up aschedule like that.I operate multiple businesses myself, andSuper B-12 is a great help to me, too. Abouta year and a half ago I started cleaning yardspart time for both exercise, and to bring in alittle extra money. Now at 83 years young, Ican say I always feel better by being outsidedoing yard work, and I know Super B-12 getsa lot of the credit for helping me to carryout this kind of work. I can’t tell you what itmeans to me to have the energy and staminato work outdoors sometimes for hours at atime. Thanks to Super B-12, I can!We really appreciate TriVita and its fineproducts. Since Super B-12 has made sucha difference in our lives, of course we triedNopalea, the new wellness drink, and welike it, too. Thank you, TriVita!”ed J. – lawTon, oK
8. trivita.comLose the Weight YouWant – in 3 Easy Steps!STEP 1:Fat burning capsulesfor “losing the bulge”Leanology®WeightLoss Capsules (180 ct.)#30615Non-Member $74.99Member $59.99Redeem with 600 VitaPointsSTEP 2:Tasty chews forsnack replacementand appetite controlLeanology®Appetite ControlChews (60 soft chews)Flavor: Chocolate Mocha#30690Non-Member $37.99Member $29.99Redeem with 300 VitaPointsSTEP 3:Delicious shakesfor low caloriemeal substitutionLeanology®Nutritional Shake(2 lbs – 30 servings)Flavors: Chocolate and VanillaNon-Member $68.99Member $54.99Redeem with 550 VitaPointsVALUE PACKThe Value Pack includes:•1bottleofWeightLossCapsules•1container(30servings)ofNutritionalShake(chooseflavor)•2bags(1FREE)ofAppetiteControlChewsLeanology®3-Step Value PackMember $139.99Redeem with 1400 VitaPointsSAVE $34.97!OneFREEBag ofChewsIMPROVEDFormula!Cravings causingyour “personal food environment” can help mWhat if you were told thatcertain foods cause youto overeat... that thereis an actual reaction in your brainthat forces your mind to want morefood, even when you’re full? Well,this is the theory David A. Kessler– doctor, medical school dean, author,lawyer and former commissioner ofthe Food and Drug Administration –explores in his latest book “TheEnd of Overeating.”Kessler’s theory stresses that palatable foods –those high in fat, salt and sugar – help createovereating. He claims that the recipe ofingredients in these desirable foods triggersthe brain to release dopamine, a chemicalassociated with the pleasure center that helpsregulate emotion and movement. With time,the brain becomes wired so that dopamineis released when certain foods are merelysuggested. And, if those foods are eaten, opioids,other chemicals which bring emotional relief,are released. The combination of dopamine andopioids can trigger the brain to want more of aparticular food, even when you’re not hungry.In other words, it can prompt overeating.Well-known for his investigation of thetobacco industry in the 1990s, when he triedto place cigarettes under federal regulation,Kessler draws a parallel between tobaccoand food industries. He believes certain foodindustries are manipulating consumer behavior,offering food products that have harmful healthconsequences. After all, preservative-filled,high-fat, salty or sugary treats shouldn’t bepart of a healthy diet, but people easily succumbto their cravings.Mind versus body,struggling with weightAccording to studies reported in BehavioralNeuroscience, the relationship between whatthe mind wants to eat, and how the body reacts,helps explain the struggles dieters have withrepetitive weight gain. If you tend to binge onfood, one unhealthy snack can trigger a binge.Often dieters deprive themselves of deliciousfoods to the point where one bite of goodnesscreates a downward spiral of unhealthy eating.Some parts of the food marketing industryseem to count on this theory. Consider a famouspotato chip company’s tagline: “Once you pop,you can’t stop.”If a commercial can entice someone to buy theproduct, chances are, that same product will becraved in the future. Billboards, commercials,magazine advertisements – no matter the source,we easily fall prey to messages about delectabledishes, despite their unhealthy contents.Make a changeSo what can we do to prevent overeating? Thekey is to understand that our brain is beingstimulated by certain foods, and we can benefitfrom changing our environment. PsychologyProfessor Michael R. Lowe, Ph.D., of DrexelUniversity believes that managing your“personal food environment” is a very effectiveway to maintain your weight. Lowe states, “Youneed to limit your exposure to high-calorie foodsin your immediate environment by, for instance,choosing healthier restaurants and stocking yourhome with quality ingredients and foods.”While fast-food chains and pre-packaged,preservative-filled food items may promisean easy and cheap solution to our cravings,learning to redirect our mind can help. Thefollowing is a list of steps you can take tohelp prevent cravings:• Learn to tune out commercials foryour favorite treats. Chances are thefood advertised is something you canlive without!• Redirect your focus from food tosomething else entirely. Your mindwon’t be so occupied with food ifyou let it think about something else.• Create activity. If you go for a walk ordo jumping jacks every time the idea ofa yummy treat pops into your head, youmight find that your brain will begin torespond differently to food cravings.Remember, you can maintain your weight andyour health by controlling your personal foodenvironment. And, if you DO choose to satisfyyour cravings every once in a while, be sure toburn off the calories to prevent weight gain.See the chart on the next page to see what yourcravings cost you in both calories and exercise!
9. 1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 9you to overeat?maintain your weightThis chart shows examples of how easily youcan pack on calories on a day-to-day basis whenyou are not watchful. Learn how much you’llhave to exercise in order to burn off the foodsyou choose to snack on, and that’s on top of theusual breakfast, lunch and dinner.If you don’t begin to change your personal foodenvironment, you may find that your mindconstantly covets food that is high in caloriesand unnecessary. If you can’t find the timeto do the 4 ½ hours of walking a day that ittakes to maintain your weight, you shouldmake time to redirect your food cravings.Make small, positive adjustments to enforcea healthy food environment.Kessler may be right about parts of thefood industry using manipulative tacticsto tempt you to eat certain foods. But, inthe end, we each have our own voice andcan choose to be more cautious of whatwe eat and how often.YOUR PERSONAL FOOD ENVIRONMENT CALORIESMINUTES OFWALKINGYou decide to grab a doughnut at the gas station onyour way to work, even though you had breakfast220 52You get extra mayo (an additional tablespoon) on yourlunchtime hamburger100 21You help yourself to a bite-sized chocolate bar to fulfillyour sweet cravings during the day60 13You’re “forced” to try a coworker’s fast food friedfish fillet200 48You stop by a fast-food chain on your way home andgrab a junior cheeseburger as a snack for the long ride295 63You get home and gulp down a cold beer 139 32You try some sausage in the midst of cooking dinner,to make sure it’s fully cooked70 15You eat ½ cup of vanilla ice cream as a late night dessert 140 30TOTAL “extra” calories you’ve consumed 1,224274(that’s 4½hours ofwalking!)The estimates above are based on a 5’10’’, 188-pound, 47-year-old male walking at 3 miles per hour.Losing weightwith Leanology®was the only wayto go for MikeLast year, after a long winter in the Midwestand a food-ﬁlled holiday season, Mikestepped on the scale to discover he hadgained some unwanted weight: He hadreached 213 pounds. He knew he had todo something. “I decided I needed to losesome weight and knew that the best wayto do this was with the help of Leanology.”Mike realized that losing some weightwould give him the energy he needed tofeel better. “I started takingthe Leanology capsulesevery day, and drank someLeanology shakes on days Ididn’t have much time fora normal meal. They’re agreat meal replacement,and the capsules helpedto curb my appetite,”he states. In addition,he decided to changehis diet and adhereto an exerciseregimen. “I cut outthe junk foodand fast food,and limitedmy intakeof carbo-hydrates.My main dietconsists of 5-10servings of fruitsand vegetablesevery day, chicken,ﬁsh, eggs, cheeseand nuts.” Hehas also startedto drink a lot ofwater in placeof most otherliquids. “Since Iam limitingMike’sstory continuedon page 27...Mike lost18pounds
10. trivita.com10 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessDo you ever wonder how it is that a cutor a bruise heals after a certain amountof time? Think about it for a moment.You get a paper cut on your finger and youbleed. You wrap a bandage around the cut, andwithin a few days, the cut is gone. Amazingly,your body is able to heal itself. Sometimes ittakes extra help to heal, though, and that’swhere Nopalea™ comes in. If you’ve beenreading about (or experiencing for yourself)the astonishing benefits of this breakthroughwellness drink, journey right down to thecellular level to find out more.The human body’s miraculous power toheal itself is due in part to a force calledhomeostasis, which activates the immunesystem, hormones, nerves and other importantsystems to start the healing process. Homeo-stasis arranges the cells in your body tomaintain balance under even severe conditions.It uses inflammation to rebuild your cells afteran injury, illness or even extreme emotionalstress. Once the healing process is complete,homeostasis returns your body to a state ofvibrant and essential balance – without thedamaging effects of excess inflammation.Sometimes, the body can’theal itselfThere are times, however, when yourbody cannot heal itself, because runawayinflammation prevents homeostasis fromrebuilding your cells. Runaway inflammationand free radicals (unstable molecules whichare also damaging to cells) are the resultof the body’s exposure to toxins, directtrauma, nutrient deficiencies and stress. Acell overwhelmed by inflammation may bedamaged beyond repair, causing the cell toprematurely die. Damaged, dead cells must beremoved from the body or they will becomethe focus of infection and illness. So how canwe remove these dead cells, and protect ourhealthy cells against excess inflammation?Betalains to the “rescue”There’s a group of special nutrients designed tobalance inflammation. If you’ve taken Nopalea,you’ve probably heard of its main ingredient,Betalains. These are a class of antioxidantsthat rescue cells by putting out the fire of freeradicals. Toxins are then drained away from thecell, and Betalains seep into the cell, reinforcingand returning it to good health.Betalains also help a special immune systemcell called a macrophage (meaning “big eater”)to engulf any dead or diseased cells in the bodythat cannot be repaired. The macrophages helpeliminate the dead cells from your body.Daily servings of Nopalea will provide you withthe Betalains that help relieve inflammationand rescue cells under attack by free radicals.Further, Betalains act to clean up the deadcells and help protect against them becoming atarget for disease. Betalains help you thrive asthey help control inflammation and support thewonder of homeostasis.The more we can protect our body from assaultand help detoxify and rebuild our cells, thehealthier we can live, and the more gracefullywe may age. We now know that the body’sexposure to toxins, direct trauma, nutrientdeficiencies and stress can cause runawayinflammation and free radical damage. TheBetalains in Nopalea can help protect againsttoxicity and reduce inflammation that can leadto grave illnesses.How Nopalea aids in healingBetalain antioxidants play a vital role in rebuilding vitalityNopalea, full of Betalains, is swallowed. The Betalains in Nopaleapermeate the entire body.A close-up of Betalains,surrounded by cells.The Betalains approach unhealthy cellsand drain out the toxic waste.The unhealthy cell turns back to ahealthy, vibrant state.The macrophage (“big eater”)seeks any leftover dead cells.The macrophage engulfsthe dead cells.Betalains continue to surround yourcells, protecting against daily assaults.In the diagram below, you can see how the Betalains in Nopalea enter your body and then helpreduce inﬂammation and detoxify your cellsmacrophagemacrophage
11. So many astonishing benefits in a bottleNopalea, the latest breakthrough in wellness drinksTry this delicious wellness drink, with an exclusive blendof rare antioxidants called Betalains and other healthfulnutrients. A daily dose of Nopalea can help your body:Nopalea™#30710Non-Member $49.99Member $39.99Nopalea™4 bottle pack#33400Non-Member $199.96Member $139.99Special – 4 Pack Savings!Drink it and thrive!Call toll-free to order 1-800-991-7116.• Lessen inflammationwhich causes pain• Cleanse your bodyof daily toxins• Promote optimal healthright down to your cells• Protect againstpremature agingShare your story,get great rewards!What’syouramazingNopaleastory?Shareitandenjoyevenmorebenefits:a$25TriVitaGiftCard,PLUSanexclusiveNopaleat-shirt–a$14.99value!JustemailyourNopaleastorytostory@trivita.com,orcall1-800-693-4083.PleaseincludeyourMemberID,youraddressanddaytimephonenumber(alongwithemailaddress,ifyouhaveone).Whenyousubmitaletteroremail,youarealsogivingTriVitafullrightstoit,includingtherighttopublishitinfuturepublicationsandtoedititasneeded.FRONT BACK™GiftCard$25“... by about the 10th day,the pain was 99% gone.”“Nopalea ended a year-long painful stiffness inmy neck. I developed thecondition about the timemy 94-year-old motherfell gravely ill. In themonths when I cared forher before her eventualpassing, my neck became increasingly sorewhenever I’d pivot it left or right. I tried severalremedies: sleeping on a new mattress, variousconventional and water-filled pillows, painkillers,chiropractor, balms and salves, massages andvarious exercises. None of these approachesworked well, if at all, nor did they have anylasting therapeutic effect.I took my first daily dose of Nopalea withsome skepticism. I’m a surgical RegisteredNurse. One of the doctors I work with is a painspecialist who uses sophisticated techniquesand devices in treating his patients. I thought itwas unreasonable that something out of a bottle(even a very attractive bottle) would be a matchfor high-tech modern medicine. Within two daysof starting Nopalea, I felt a mild but very definiterelief. Each day, the pain lessened, and by aboutthe 10th day the pain was 99% gone.As a nurse, I meet and minister to manypeople suffering from pains of every descrip-tion and severity. Perhaps no human conditionis as emotionally and physically debilitatingas chronic pain. If Nopalea can help them as ithas helped me, the art of healing has made anenormous leap.”alTa d. – KalamaZoo, mi“... I have completely stopped takingprescription pain killers.”“I broke my back twice whileI was in the Marine Corps.Within the last year I’ve been toa chiropractor, acupuncturist,neurosurgeon and a painmanagement specialist. I foundout that I have osteoarthritis inmy spine and spondylolisthesis,which is a forward slip of one vertebra relativeto another. So it is very diﬃcult for me to find acomfortable position, and I am in pain 24/7. Afterfour months of having procedures done, the painin my back became worse. I took two prescriptionpain killers and they did not help. I started takingNopalea in the morning, afternoon and in theevening before bed. Since taking Nopalea, I havecompletely stopped taking prescription pain killers*,and have started running two miles per day. I’venoticed a tremendous difference with the Nopaleaand absolutely love it! Thanks.”aaron m. – SCoTTSdale, aZ“... a significant change in sucha short amount of time.”“I have been in chronicpain in my right elbow/armfor over a month due tohitting it on the tile counterwhen vacuuming; at leastI think that is what causedit. I was not able to usemy right hand withoutexcruciating pain. After taking Nopalea forone day, I noticed a tingling in my little fingeron my right hand, and the pain was less in myarm/elbow. Four days later I was able to dothings with my right hand/arm with little or nopain! I do not wake up with terrible pain in themiddle of the night; this is a significant changein such a short amount of time. I think thepain will stay gone and I will be able to enjoyplanting some vegetables!”ann d. – GraniTe FallS, nCThere are plenty of reasons to love Nopalea,but don’t just take our word for it.*You should not stop taking any medication withoutﬁrst consulting with your healthcare provider.
12. trivita.com12 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessPatti Langerman,member“I have a job whereI work from home andI am on the computer allday. Over the years I havefound that I was puttingon weight, my bloodpressure was increasing, my endurance hadbeen decreasing and I didn’t have the sameenergy I used to have. I tried to exerciseregularly but it seemed I was always too busyto squeeze in extra time for a regular exerciseroutine. I decided to make my treadmill intoa computer workstation.I bought a single plastic shelf and attachedit to the bars on the treadmill. I purchaseda longer cord to connect my computer to mymodem and that was the entire investment(under $30 total). I work at least two of myhours a day on the treadmill and hope tobuild up to four to five hours per day. As I getused to the routine, I will be able to increasemy time and speed. I think it is alreadymaking a difference for me. I am embracingwellness and making an impact in my cardiachealth.”Christian Leitch,aﬃliate member“These are the top 10 waysI keep my heart healthy!1. I practice forgiveness.2. I thank God for all ofmy daily blessings throughjournal writing, prayer and/or meditation.3. I exercise daily for at least 20 minutes,making sure my heart rate increases sothat I am in an aerobic state.4. I recognize joy and love in my life daily.5. I sleep and rest when my body tells meto do so.6. I express my love by doing for others.7. I keep my body hydrated by drinking halfmy weight in ounces of water daily.8. I express my love and concern for familyand friends.9. I hold and love my son and my husbandevery single day.10. I take my TriVita supplements,especially: Sublingual B-12, B-6 &Folic Acid, Nopalea, Adaptogen 10Plus, OmegaPrime, Digestive Complex,VitaCal-Mag D and Vital C Crystalsand Tablets.”Barbara McClellan,TriVita employee“I strive to keep my hearthealthy by focusing on threeimportant elements.First, we know that the heartneeds to be exercised, asdo all the muscles of our body. I visit a fitnesscenter five days a week for at least one hour.Second, is my supplement regimen. Althoughsome of my friends and family memberspoke fun at me because of it, they respectmy commitment to taking supplements thatsupport my overall health and specifically thehealth of my heart. While I take a wide rangeof TriVita products, my favorites geared tomy heart health are OmegaPrime, CoEnzymeQ-10 and a new favorite, Nopalea. I considersupplements essential to my heart health.Finally, and I believe it is the most impor-tant element, I nourish my spiritual beingby filling my heart with love for God andHis children; hopefully there won’t be anyroom left for disease.”Each month a Member,Aﬃliate Member and TriVitaemployee share their insightson health, wellness and more.This monthly feature creates an open forumto respond to a variety of provocativequestions about a wide range of subjects.Join the discussion! Your response could earnyou a $25 TriVita Gift Card; see details at theend of this article.There is no lackof informationon heart health.Some of it is contradictory. Yet, mosthealthcare professionals agree thatbetter lifestyle habits can reduce yourrisk for heart disease. Healthful eating,better weight management, exerciseand fitness, and lowering bloodpressure and stress are all importantelements to improving heart health.Here are some ways others keep theirheart young.What are you doing to keep your heart healthy?GiftCard$25We invite you to answer ourupcoming question:“What is your favorite Decemberholiday memory or tradition?”Yourresponsecouldearnyoua$25TriVitaGiftCard!Just email your response to email@example.com,or call 1-800-693-4083. You can also write to:VitaJournal, 16100 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Ste. 950,Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Please include your Member ID,your address and daytime phone number (along withemail address, if you have one).Note:Whenyousubmitaletteroremail,youarealsogivingTriVitafullrightstoit,includingtherighttopublishitinfuturepublicationsandtoedititasneeded.This month’s question:EmbracingWELLNESS
13. 1-800-991-7116Enjoy a big boostfor your activitiesSublingual B-12The B vitamins in TriVita Sublingual B-12,B-6 & Folic Acid provide nutrients essentialto a healthy brain and nervous system, whichproduce “feel-good” energy. SublingualB-12’s original, patented sublingual deliverysystem ensures maximum absorption of thehighest quality natural ingredients that helpproduce lasting energy.Energy Now!®The nutrients in scientiﬁcally-formulatedEnergy Now! help your body generate a burstof natural, non-jittery energy within minutes.Note: If you have PKU or are taking MAO inhibitors, do not take Energy Now.TRY IT TODAY!Call 1-800-991-7116or visit trivita.comBUY BOTHAND SAVETwo-Step EnergySystem™ #32690Energy Now! (1 box) and Sublingual B-12 (1 box)Non-Member $56.98Member $39.99Redeem with 400 VitaPointsSubstitute Original B-12 withSuper B-12 and add $3.00 #32943Non-Member $60.98Member $42.99Redeem with 430 VitaPointsSubstitute Original B-12 withHCY Guard® and add $4.00 #32690.02Non-Member $61.98Member $43.99Redeem with 440 VitaPointsWhat do you do just for fun? Whatactivity or interest makes you loseall sense of time and forget abouteveryday cares? This joyful pursuit could bethe key that unlocks a whole new dimension ofcreativity – and could even help identify yourlife purpose.Happy, successful people come in all typesand temperaments, but one thing they share isthat they have found their purpose, and it’s theengine that drives their lives. So what drivesyou? Is it a passion for wellness, and sharing theTriVita mission to experience wellness™? Areyou committed to living life to the fullest? Ona smaller scale, is it playing sports, crafting orwriting stories that really makes you feel alive?Whatever that passion may look like for you, itcan help you tap into the sense of wonder thatchildren have, and adults often lose. In turn, thatwonderment could lead you down paths of fulfill-ment that you might never have considered.Three steps to uncovering wonderTo help uncover the wonder in your life, lookinside and take these three simple steps:Focus on your fun. When someoneasks you what your hobbies are, whatdo you reply? Is it playing golf, or takingpart in a gardening or book club? Or doyou get true joy from playing with yourchildren or grandchildren, volunteeringwith homeless people or animals orhelping at your house of worship? Itdoesn’t have to be laugh-out-loud fun, butrather something you’re drawn to over andover that taps into the essential “you.”Write down your talents.Creativity is by no means restricted topainters, writers, musicians and actors.Maybe you instinctively “know” how todevelop a conversation about wellnessfrom a casual remark. Or you can makepeople laugh. Maybe the way you dressor sing or whip up meals, often drawscompliments. These are creative gifts, justwaiting to be recognized and explored.Find your favorite pursuit.Of all the things on your list in Step #2,which one brings you the most happiness?Which do you look forward to the most,and remember with the greatest joy?That’s the one most important in yourlife purpose, and the one to nurture.If these three steps don’t uncover your creativityand passion, you might consider prayer, or medi-tation, and notice the thoughts and feelings thatcome up.Another option is to use your eyes, literally.Your home and/or your workplace are probablyloaded with clues about what you really enjoy.Are there plants everywhere? Furniture thatyou made yourself? Awards from social or civicgroups? The things we keep around us, and keepfor years, often are giveaways about our passion.Finally, as you consider pursuing somethingthat gives you joy, ignore the voice inside thatsays, “But...” If that “something” doesn’t reallygrab you, you can just move on. But if it’s yourpassion, your key to creativity and purpose,you’ll pursue it with your heart and soul.123Build grown-up dreamson childlike wonderTo unleash success, tap into yourcreative passions
14. trivita.com14 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessWith all the demands of dailylife, you may find it hardto fit everything in: career,school activities, meal prep, churchfunctions... the list goes on. It may seemlike there’s no time left over for physicalactivity, let alone making health apriority. But, with some determinationand family teamwork, you can combinefamily time and fitness to reach youractivity goals and ensure optimal healthfor your entire family.According to the American Heart Association,exercise is associated with an increased lifeexpectancy and decreased risk of cardiovasculardisease. The Physical Activity Guidelines forAmericans recommends 30 minutes of activityfor adults most days of the week and, ideally,60 minutes of exercise every day for kids.Say “so long” to a sedentary lifeModern life and its conveniences contribute toa sedentary lifestyle. And a sedentary lifestyleincreases your risk of becoming overweight,obese and susceptible to many chronic diseases.So, first things first: say good-bye to thesedentary life. You can start by limiting thetime you and your kids spend in front of thetelevision and computer, playing video gamesand even time spent on the phone (think textmessaging!). These often mindless distractionsnot only prevent kids from getting their 60minutes of daily physical activity, but also putsthem at risk for bad posture and eye strain –problems once found only in adults at desk jobs.Stick to a pre-determined time limit for “screen”time. As for television specifically, the AmericanAcademy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends nomore than two hours of daily media exposurefor kids ages two and older and no televisionviewing for children under age two.Get startedThe next step is incorporating physical activityinto your daily life. Here are some tips from theCenters for Disease Control and Prevention tohelp get you started:• Set a positive example by leading anactive lifestyle yourself.• Make physical activity part of your family’sdaily routine by taking family walks orplaying active games together.• Give your children equipment thatencourages physical activity.• Take young people to places wherethey can be active, such as publicparks, community baseball fields orbasketball courts.• Be positive about the physical activitiesin which your child participates andencourage them to be interested innew activities.• Make physical activity fun. Fun activitiescan be anything your child enjoys, eitherstructured or non-structured. Activitiescan range from team sports or individualsports to recreational activities such aswalking, running, skating, bicycling,swimming, playground activities orfree-time play.• Instead of watching television afterdinner, encourage your child to findfun activities to do on their ownor with friends and family, such aswalking, playing chase or riding bikes.• Be safe! Always provide protectiveequipment such as helmets, wrist padsor knee pads and ensure that activityis age appropriate.Make family time = fun activityAbove all, make family time synonymouswith fun, physical activity. Take a walkaround the block, spend time at a local park,shoot some hoops, go roller skating, play agame of tag in the backyard, fly a kite, runthrough the sprinklers, take a family martialarts class, go for a hike... there are so manyoptions to choose from. Just be sure to includeaerobic activity, muscle strengthening andbone strengthening (jumping rope or running)exercise as part of your child’s physical activity.Turn off the TV and computers and getstarted today! Family HealthFocus onfamily funand fitnessCombine family time and physical activityfor good health, good fun
15. 1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 15Inflammation is not just aproblem for humans; animalsexperience inflammation likewe do. Arthritis, allergies, gastritis,pancreatitis, hip dysplasia... allthese conditions stem from, orare aggravated by, inflammation.Some TriVita Members began towonder if Nopalea™ would work aswell for their pets as it does for them.Several devoted pet owners havereported that yes, it works for animals,too! In their own words...“By the end of the second week,she was back to chasing rabbits...”“Our 9-year-oldRottweiler, Cassie, hasdeveloped arthritis in herhips. It has prevented herfrom standing up fully;she would sometimesyelp when getting up orlying down and whenshe walked, she would‘hunch’ her back downand take small steps asshe was in pain.If we went anywhere Iwould have to lift her intoand out of our SUV as shewas unable to jump up ordown anymore.Please note she weighs 110 pounds, and if we hadto keep this up we would be talking about my backinstead of her hips.So, we started her on the Nopalea challenge,a bottle a week for a month. By the end of thefirst week, Cassie was no longer ‘hunching’ herbackside down when she walked. In fact, shecould stand normally. Her back was ﬂat when shewalked, and she was able to take normal strides.She was also able to jump in and out of the SUVagain... which was great for my back.By the end of the second week, she was back tochasing rabbits when we went out for walks. Thishas been almost a miraculous transformation forher. Cassie now is able to go about her day withoutyelping as she gets up or down. She walks and evenruns normally, and you can’t imagine the relief andthe joy that it brings [my wife] Marty and myself.I love this product for how it has helped our dog.I also love the part where I don’t have to spendthe $900 for the initial shots and about $450per month thereafter for the treatment we wereconsidering for this condition. So, in case anyonewas thinking I was a bit nuts to give my ‘pooch’Nopalea... it’s cheaper than the alternative. And asMarty points out, ‘We can afford to buy Nopaleafor the whole family from just the cost savings onCassie’s proposed treatment.’ Now, that just makesgood financial sense and warms my heart at thesame time – a win-win situation!”Cody r. – preSCoTT valley, aZaFFiliaTe memBer“Toby goes up and down stairs severaltimes a day and is back to being a verycontent and happy dog.”“I have a yellow lab namedToby that lost a front legin an accident when hewas a puppy. Toby is noweight years old. Over theyears, the stress of havingonly three legs on a largedog has caused Toby toget arthritis and walkwith a very uneven gait.In the last year Toby had gotten to the point offalling constantly, could not get comfortable in anyposition, had a diﬃcult time getting up and downand could barely walk. My husband and I even had atearful discussion about possibly having to put himto sleep due to the constant pain he has been in forthe last year.Since my family is experiencing such great resultswith Sonoran Bloom Nopalea, we decided to try iton Toby. In less than a week he was falling less oftenand able to get up and down much better. In twoweeks his gait greatly improved. Now Toby goes upand down stairs several times a day and is back tobeing a very content and happy dog. Toby is doinggreat on his one ounce a day of Nopalea!”deniSe w. – Tampa, FlaFFiliaTe memBer“I truly believe in this product as it hashelped my cats so much.”“Seraphina is a 14-year-oldNorwegian Forest Cat anda former Best Cat in ACFA(American Cat FanciersAssociation). She hasgotten severe arthritis andfor a while we didn’t knowif we would have her withus for very long. We startedgiving her a dropperful ofNopalea in the morning and evening and she nowcan get up and walk around easily.Another one of my cats, Angelica, is a 15-year-oldHimalayan who has chronic upper respiratoryproblems. On the same dosage of Nopalea, shehas gotten great relief and doesn’t sneeze muchanymore. I truly believe in this product as it hashelped my cats so much.”linda T. – Crown poinT, inaFFiliaTe memBerTriVita suggests you check withyour pet’s veterinarian for dosageor use. This product is developedfor human consumption.Pets have inﬂammation, too!nopalea – giving relief to pets and their ownersSeraphinaSeraphinaSeraphinaCassieCassieCassieIf Nopalea is helpingyour pet, we want tohear from you! Email usat firstname.lastname@example.org or call1-800-693-4083. We justmight feature your furryfriend in an upcoming story.TobyTobyToby
16. Just a few heartfelt words explainthe tremendous importance ofTriVita® to Gloria and Raymond.Both attended the Sonoran Bloom™Nopalea™ tour when it visited theirhome near Vancouver, BC. Afterthe presentation, Gloria approachedTriVita CEO Michael Ellison andin a voice filled with emotion toldhim, “You’ve given me my life back.”Gloria and Raymond’s story gets awhole lot better... and gives hope topeople everywhere who suffer fromdebilitating pain and exhaustion.From ill health and miseryto “Oh wow!”For years, Gloria struggled with extremelylow energy and numerous aches and pains.Store-bought supplements were expensive andnot helping her situation. Finally, in February2007 she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis(MS). “I was so tired that it was all I could doto pull myself out of bed,” Gloria remembers.“I suffered from numbness and tingling in myarms, hands, legs and feet. Living life with a lackof energy definitely damaged my spirit. I am thetype of person who likes to be accomplishingsomething. I have an incredible husband andthree beautiful, but high-spirited children, yetthe life I was living did not fit in with the realityI was hoping for. I was always dragging myselfaround, and others noticed how exhausted Ilooked. Plus, I suffered from canker sores thatdrastically affected my quality of life and madeit very painful to eat.”Everything changed dramatically for thebetter in January 2009 when she startedtaking TriVita Super Sublingual B-12,along with several other TriVita products.“Within several weeks I started noticing a bigdifference,” she says. “I felt a lot of my youthfulenergy coming back and my MS symptomsdramatically diminished to the point where Inow rarely have those feelings.”After only a few weeks, she felt so revitalizedthat she stopped needing an afternoon nap,and her canker sores went away. Gloriarecalls, “I called my husband at work andtold him that the TriVita supplements reallyworked. I felt like I had a new lease on lifeand I could now get through my days withmuch greater energy. I finally had the life Iwas hoping for.”Her nutritional regimen includesAdaptogen 10 Plus®, VitaDaily AM/PM™,VitaCal-Mag D™, HCY Guard®, NutraFruits™,Energy Now!®, Nerve Formula™ andOmegaPrime®. After years of sufferingfrom major sleep challenges, she now sleepsdeeply and wakes up feeling rested in themorning. The wrinkles around Gloria’s eyeshave softened and she is much more even-tempered, with fewer emotional ups anddowns. “I was at my doctor recently,” sheremarks, “and without me saying a word shetold me that I looked more rested and betterthan I have in years, and asked me what hadchanged. I was glad to give TriVita the creditthey deserve.”Raymond is thrilledwith her transformationNo one could be happier about Gloria’snewfound good health than Raymond.TriVita products have miraculously transformed Gloria and raymond’s livesGloria and Raymondmake healthy livinga familyaﬀairtrivita.com16 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessEverything changed dramaticallyfor the better in January 2009when she started taking TriVitaSuper Sublingual B-12, along withseveral other TriVita products.
17. “TriVita products allowed my wife toexperience life in an all-new way,” heexclaims. “She is a much happier personand it’s been a joy to see her enjoyinglife again. We are both more hopefulabout the future than we have been ina long time.”Raymond is equally thankful for whatTriVita supplements have done for hisown health. He starts out each daywith his “magical combo” of SuperSublingual B-12 and Adaptogen10 Plus®. “Now, when I pull 12- to14-hour days at work, I’m no longerdragging for 7 of them,” he states.“I am able to maintain my sharpness,focus and balance for a much longertime. I also accomplish a lot more anddon’t get easily agitated or flustered.”Raymond credits VitaDaily AM/PM™forgiving him more energy. After sufferingfrom joint issues for years he has beentaking TriVita’s Joint Complex. The result:a significant reduction in joint pain.NutraFruits™ is a big favorite because it tastesgreat and helps him avoid junk food cravings.Vital C Crystals have improved the health ofhis skin, and Digestive Complex™ has helpedwith a variety of gastric issues.Delicious Nopaleais their favorite drinkRaymond is just ecstatic about the new Nopalea.“My kids love it, my wife loves it and I lovewhat it has done for our entire family,” he says.Raymond recently registered for a marathonfootrace, but admits he didn’t train as hardfor the race as he should have. Normally hisbody would pay the price, with lots of swelling,soreness and inflammation. Raymond happilyreports that not only did he finish the 26-milemarathon with flying colors, but thanksto his daily dose of Nopalea, he needed aminimal two-day recovery period. “Myrecovery was absolutely amazing,” heremembers. “The anti-inflammatoryeffect of the Betalains in Nopalea didwonderful things for my body.”“I am so glad for all the TriVita productsI use,” he continues. “They help me workharder, have more energy for my kids,stay leaner, enjoy more clarity of thoughtand set a good example for others.”Now, Gloria and Raymond are on a wellnessmission, enthusiastically sharing their storiesand inspiring scores of other people with theiramazing health revitalization.1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 17Gloria and Raymond areon a wellness mission...“TriVita products allowedmy wife to experience life inan all-new way...”“TriVita products allowedmy wife to experience life inan all-new way...”“TriVita products allowedmy wife to experience life inan all-new way...”
18. In this five-part series, we’re taking an in-depth look at the 10 essentials forhealth and Wellness. This month, discover more about essentials #3 and #7:Sleep peacefully and Be Forgiving.Exploring TriVita’s 10 EssentialsSleep peacefully and Be Forgiving.SleepPeacefully,Essential#3Sleep’s role in good health continues to beproven in study after study: it helps witheverything from learning and memory tostrengthening immunity. However, we’re alsohearing more about the perils of not getting enoughsleep. Lack of sleep has been linked to diabetes, obesity, premature aging,emotional issues and more... recent studies have shown that missing sleepcan even lead to cardiovascular risk factors and inflammation (see pages20-21 for more on these studies).Paying down your sleep “debt”Caffeine, exercising too close to bedtime, stress, smoking, medicationsand even hormones can disrupt sleep or make falling asleep difficult.This can lead to a lack of sleep, which can build up a sleep “debt.” Signsof sleep debt include feelings of drowsiness, grogginess and lethargythroughout the day.You can help pay down your “debt” by applying these tips for a goodnight’s rest:• Stick to a regular sleep schedule• Exercise early in the day; not too close to bedtime• Avoid large meals and caffeinated beverages before bed• Don’t nap after 3 p.m.• Relax before bed• Create a good sleeping environment (cool and dark)Too many sheep...Everyone goes through periods when they have a hard time falling asleep,but if you chronically “count sheep” or wake up in the night, you couldhave a sleeping disorder. Watch for these signs of a sleeping disorder fromthe National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute:• You consistently take more than 30 minutes each night to fall asleep• You consistently awaken more than a few times or for long periodsof time each night• You take frequent naps• You often feel sleepy during the day – especially if you fall asleep atinappropriate times during the dayIf you suspect you have a sleeping disorder, contact your healthcare provider.Put those sheep out to pasture and get your rest!BeForgiving,Essential#7Forgiveness and healthAsk yourself this: When you don’t forgivesomeone for a real or perceived trespass againstyou, how does it make you feel? Do you relive theirwords and actions over and over in your mind? Tastethe bitterness on your tongue? If you’re like most people, the answer isyes. But did you know that a little forgiveness can go a long way? A longway toward improving your health – and giving you that ever-elusivefeeling of peace.Results from the Stanford University Forgiveness Projects showed thatpeople who practiced forgiveness experienced fewer feelings of hurt, long-term anger and fewer physical symptoms of stress. Participants reportedincreased optimism as well as increased physical vitality.Easier said than doneIf forgiveness was the easiest thing in the world, no one would haveany grudges to report! It will take effort and determination on your part,but the results will be worth it. As you consciously let go of negativefeelings about someone else, you will feel greater peace and optimismalmost instantly.Taking the first stepHere’s one method that may help you forgive someone – perhaps evenyourself. Write a letter to someone who has hurt you, expressing yourcomplete forgiveness. This could be someone who is no longer living;it doesn’t matter. Seal the letter and then throw it away, shred it, burnit... whatever it takes. But don’t just throw away the letter; throw awaythe bad feelings you’ve been harboring. Say good riddance to hurt, guilt,anger, fear and resentment.Now, say hello to peace, love and acceptance.you, how does it make you feel? Do you relive theirwords and actions over and over in your mind? TastePart II of Vtrivita.com18 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and Wellness... people who practiced forgiveness experiencedfewer feelings of hurt, long-term anger andfewer physical symptoms of stress.
19. 1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 19What anamazingorgan ourheart is! It beats for anentire lifetime withoutstopping for a break.With every heartbeat,about a third of a cupof oxygen-rich blood is pumped out toyour body. But there’s another vitallyimportant fact about the heart –and our overall health – that youneed to know: our bodies can neithermanufacture nor store Vitamin C,which is essential to our well-being.You may already know that Vitamin C promotesheart health, strengthens the immune system,helps detoxify our bodies, fights stress-causedfatigue and more. But since we can’t createor store Vitamin C, we need to take it daily.However, not just any Vitamin C will bringus all the benefits our bodies need. Dr. Libby’sVital C from TriVita is clearly superior becauseof the way it’s made, with a six-sided crystallinestructure. In plain English, this structure (whichis absent in many brands of Vitamin C), has agreater surface area, which in turn allows it tobe more thoroughly and completely absorbed byyour body.I’ll explore the importance of this crystallinestructure in more detail, but first, I’d like to sharesome recent developments about the importanceof Vitamin C.New uses for an old remedySeveral articles in medical literaturecaught my attention recently. Thefirst one was a two-year discussionabout the protective effects ofVitamin C against pesticides andother environmental toxins. This articlein Environmental Medicine stated that wedump an incredible 2.5 million tons ofpesticides into our biosphere every year.The discussion of Vitamin C and pesticides waspublished in the journal Toxicology and IndustrialHealth. It clearly shows the protective effect oflarge amounts of Vitamin C against commonenvironmental toxins.Another article in 2008’s Molecular and CellularBiochemistry demonstrated the benefits ofVitamin C in people with elevated cholesterol.You see, Vitamin C in the liver binds excesscholesterol and drains it through the bile ductsinto the intestines. Fiber in the intestinessoaks up the cholesterol and carries it out ofour body. If our diet does not have enoughfiber to eliminate the cholesterol, we will likelyreabsorb it. In fact, most of the cholesterol in ourbloodstream has been excreted and reabsorbednumerous times.Vitamin C binds cholesterol and takes it out ofthe liver. This remarkable vitamin also protectsthe lining of the blood vessel – making it likeTeflon to sticky LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. Insteadof damaging the blood vessels, oxidized LDLslides off the walls of your arteries and is carriedback to the liver by HDL (“good”) cholesterol.An article from the October 2008 Journal ofClinical and Experimental Hypertension clearlyshowed the reduction of high blood pressurefrom large reservoirs of Vitamin C. Antioxidants(especially Vitamin C) reduce poisons in thetissues called aldehydes – think of the poisonformaldehyde as a good example. Poisons driveup blood pressure; Vitamin C drives downpoisons and results in blood pressure reduction.The most abundant fuel in our body is asugar called glucose. Glucose is a six-sidedcrystal; and so is TriVita’s Vital C, as mentionedearlier. To take advantage of the glucose trans-port site, we use Vitamin C with the crystalstructure intact. This combination allows themost Vitamin C to get into the cell with theleast amount of effort required.I hope this helps you understand why theformulation of Dr. Libby’s Vital C is so crucialto its role in helping the body achieve a stateof optimal health. Certainly there are otherbrands available, but for maximum absorptionand benefit, why would you choose anythingelse? After all, Dr. Libby designed Vital C basedon his long-time work with Dr. Linus Pauling, atwo-time Nobel Prize-winner and the man oftencalled “The Father of Vitamin C.”Building health, one habit at a timeHealth is built one habit at a time. The more welearn and live the 10 Essentials for Health andWellness, the healthier we become. Essential #4tells us to Eat Nutritiously – including the properuse of supplements. Science is firmly behindusing nutrients (including a healthy supply ofVital C) and nurturing to improve the quality ofour life.The value of Vitamin Cis crystal clearhow Vital C’s crystalline structure helps promoteheart health and rid your body of harmful toxinsBrazos MinshewBy Brazos Minshew, TriVita Chief Science OﬃcerDr. Libby’s Vital C from TriVita is clearlysuperior because of the way it’s made,with a six-sided crystalline structure.... Dr. Libby’s Vital C is so crucialto its role in helping the body achievea state of optimal health.Find great cost savings on page 29.
20. Get some sleep... solve your problemsSan Diego, CaliforniaA dream-filled nap may help improve your creative problem-solving skills, according to a study in the June 2009Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.Researchers from the University of California at San Diego examined the role of rapid eye movement (REM) sleepon creative problem solving. A group of 77 volunteers was given a Remote Associates Test (RAT) on the morningof the study; participants were given multiple groupings of three words and asked to provide a fourth word thatcould be associated with the other three.After the test, the participants were divided into three groups: a group that napped with REM sleep, one thatnapped without REM sleep and one that simply had a quiet rest period. In the afternoon, another RAT test wasadministered. Those in the rest group and non-REM nap group showed no improvement in their test scores.However, those in the REM nap group showed an average 40% improvement over their morning scores.Researchers suggest that changes to brain cell systems during REM sleep contributed to the improved problem-solving skills.Staying socially active can help motor skillsChicago, IllinoisSocial interaction may help older adults maintain motor skills such as muscle strength, walking and balance; it wasreported in a June 2009 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine.At the beginning of the study, 906 participants rated their level of participation in activities such as volunteerwork, visits to friends and attendance at church functions. On a 5-point scale, 1 indicated participation once ayear or less; 2, several times a year; 3, several times a week; 4 and 5, almost every day or every day. Participantswere followed an average of five years, with an annual assessment of basic motor function.The study found that each one-point drop in activity was associated with an approximate 33% more rapid rate ofdecline in motor skills.“If the causal relationship is confirmed by others, the implications are enormous for interventions that can helpthe elderly,” said Dr. Aron Buchman, associate professor of neurological sciences at Rush University MedicalCenter. “Our data raises the possibility that we can slow motor decline and possibly delay its adverse healthoutcomes by supporting social engagement – a relatively low-cost solution to a very large public health problem.”Not enough sleep can hurt your heartChicago, IllinoisNot enough sleep can increase the risk of coronary artery calcification (a buildup of calcium plaques which are arisk factor for coronary heart disease), according to researchers in a recent issue of Journal of the American MedicalAssociation. Using data from the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study, researcherscalculated the incidence of coronary artery calcification over a five-year period in 495 participants between the ages of35 and 47.Based on participants’ self-reported sleep quality and duration, as well as data from wrist activity monitors, it wasdiscovered that one more hour of sleep decreased the odds of coronary artery calcification by 33%.TheResearch DeskNew findings in health and wellnesstrivita.com20 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and Wellness
21. eVen one niGhT oF BaD Sleep Can inCreaSeinFlammaTion, STuDy ShoWSLos Angeles, CaliforniaEven one night of bad sleep can increase nuclear factor (NF)-kB, a markerfor inflammation, according to researchers from the David Geffen Schoolof Medicine at UCLA. NF-kB activates inflammatory pathways and cancontribute to inflammation-related diseases.The study, reported in Biological Psychiatry, measured NF-kB in 14 adults(7 men, 7 women) after a night of regular sleep, a night of partial sleepdeprivation (awake from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.) and a night of recovery sleep.After the night of sleep deprivation, NF-kB activation was significantlygreater than after the nights of regular and recovery sleep. After the nightof recovery sleep, the inflammatory marker decreased. Researchers notedthat the increases in NF-kB were only seen in the female participants.Article from Michael Ellison continued from page 2...to know. Be sure to ask for it prior to taking your blood testsbecause in most cases it is an optional test that you willneed to specifically request. This month we are featuringHCY Guard®, a product that can help lower and maintainhealthy homocysteine levels. (See pages 4-5.)There are additional markers which can help indicatepresent and future health such as bone density tests,hormone levels for women, potassium levels and thelist continues. Be sure to discuss them with your healthcareprovider at your next annual physical. The more you relyon these numbers and change your lifestyle to achievean ideal range – without the aid of pharmaceuticaldrugs – the healthier you will be (your bank accountwill be healthier, too).Pursue health and wellness with passion! It is worth it inevery way!TriVita’s House of Giving and Life Outreach International have part-nered to provide pure, fresh water for children and their families:• Over 1 billion people throughout the world do not haveaccess to pure, fresh water• Waterborne illnesses run rampant in these areas• Just a $4.80 donation can save one person’s life• With your donation, you can leave a legacy by givingthe gift of lifeYour tax-deductible gift can be combined with others to create newwells – providing water to thousands of people for a lifetime! Lastyear, we saved 21,000 lives. This year, our goal is to save even more!Want to make a diﬀerence?Call 1-800-991-7116 and a Wellness Consultant will be happy totake your tax-deductible donation along with your order.You can mail your donation to:House of Giving16100 N. Greenway Hayden LoopSte. 950Scottsdale, AZ 85260You can make aLASTING DIFFERENCEYour contribution will touch countless lives1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 21Health Marker Ideal RangeHomocysteine Between 4-8C-reactive protein Below 1Body mass index Below 25Total cholesterol Below 180HDL Above 50LDL Below 99Triglycerides Below 150PSA for men Below 4Glucose 70-100Vitamin B-12 levels450 or higher(the higher the better)Blood pressure115/75(normal range partly dictated by age)Resting heart rate 55-70
22. These aretough times.Many peopleare experiencingstress because of thecurrent economicsituation; many havelost their jobs andhomes. It’s hard to imagine a timewhen uncertainty has been greater.Even the employed are seeing tough times.Businesses have cut employees’ hours toan average of 33.1 hours a week, accordingto The Bureau of Labor and Statistics.During tough times, and especially bad economicdownturns, many people self-medicate to easeanxieties and stress. It’s not uncommon for peopleto reach for a beer, grab some chocolate, goshopping or even visit a casino to try to feel good.Addictions out of controlPeople don’t intend to become addicted tosomething like gambling, shopping or alcohol; ithappens gradually. At first it feels good andrelieves stress, but eventually gets out of control.Jeff Davis, a clinical psychologist at BehaviorCorp,an addiction treatment center in Indianapolis,says, “... when they rely more and more on eitherhaving that drink or using the drug or whateverto help ease whatever discomfort they have inthe moment, that’s when an addiction processreally begins.”Warning signs of addictionHere are a few ways to gauge if someone is atrisk for developing an addiction during theseuncertain times. A red flag signifying possibleaddiction would be if you notice a change inbehavior, groups or friends. Or if your friendor loved one shows mood swings, signs ofexcessive shopping, over-eating, gambling ordrinking binges, the behavior indicates anaddiction may have already expressed itself.Stress solutionsIf you or someone you love is self-medicatingduring these challenging economic times, thefollowing steps can help reverse the addictivebehavior before it becomes a serious problem.• Exercise regularly. Physical activity playsa key role in reducing and preventing theeffects of stress. Make time for at least 30minutes of exercise, three times per week.• Eat a healthy diet. Well-nourished bodiesare better prepared to cope with stress, sobe mindful of what you eat.• Practice meditation. When practicingmeditation, your heart rate and breathingslow down, your blood pressure normal-izes, you use oxygen more efficiently andyou sweat less. People who meditateregularly find it easier to give up life-damaging habits like smoking, drinkingand drugs.• Breathe deeply. Breathing exercisesare an ideal way to relieve stress in thatthey’re fast, simple, free and can beperformed by just about anyone.• Take Adaptogen 10 Plus®. TriVita’spowerful, stress-relieving formula wascreated specifically to help reverse thedamaging effects stress can cause on yourbody. It contains all 10 adaptogens thathave been proven to help the body “adapt”to stress.Just remember and take courage in what RobertSchuller said, “Tough times never last. Toughpeople do.” Whether the addictive behaviors areyours or a loved one’s, by recognizing the signsand taking healthy action, you can take that firstvital step toward recovery. When tough timeslead to addiction:how to copeby Dr. JudyJudy Ellison, Ph.D.“Tough times never last.Tough people do.”trivita.com22 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and Wellness“Whentimesaregood,peoplecan‘invent’theiroutwardappearance.Whentimesaretough,yougettoseewhat’sreallyinside.”– Wayne DyerJudy Ellison, Ph.D., is a psychologist, author and motivationalspeaker. She has inspired people around the world to reachwithin and find their passionate purpose to live a moremeaningful life.During tough times, and especiallybad economic downturns, manypeople self-medicate...
23. “For I know the plans Ihave for you,” says theLord. “They are plansfor good and not fordisaster, to give you afuture and a hope.”– Jeremiah 29:11Do you make “to do” lists? I certainly do, andmaybe mine look a lot like yours: A list ofthings I want to do, need to do, plan to do,wish I had done yesterday, etc. But my listsdon’t revolve around errands and appointments;rather, they’re about my own unresolved issuesand concerns. My lists include things I wish Ihadn’t done or said, things that were troublingme. My lists, though, probably rest someplacedifferent than yours.Every night my “to do” lists get placed in myBible, where something wondrous happens.Every morning, I see them in a new light. Thethings that worried me, that hung over myhead the day before, just lose importance. Infact, I often can’t remember why I had put someissues on the list at all. It’s a matter of faith –and hope.Why not put it in God’s hands?Proverbs 13:12 tells us that “Hope deferredmakes the heart sick, but a longing fulﬁlled is atree of life.” So instead of hoping for spiritualpeace, or whatever is on the “to do” list of yoursoul, why not put it in God’s hands? I used tothink you could, indeed, “give it to God,” but Ialso thought you could take it back. Now Iknow the folly of that attitude. I broke thatcycle by putting my list in my Bible.Some time ago, it was a revelation to me torealize that each day I could start out withGod’s blessing and hope. So each morning, Iread Scripture to equip myself for the day, and Ilook at my list from the night before. It stillamazes me that most of the “to do” itemsbecome non-issues after fully giving them up toHis wisdom and will. Instead of fretting overwhat was, I start the day open and fresh,asking, “What do You have for me today, Lord?”your body, His Temple – 1 Cor. 6:19-20Give us this day, our daily hopeby Chaplain Gene HendersonThe Lord’s plans, as we know from Jeremiah,are “for good and not for disaster, to give you afuture and a hope.” Imperfect as we are, manyof us focus on God only when we think we’refacing disaster. We leave hope in a closetsomewhere in our hearts, to be pulled out andprayed over only when we want something. Inreality, God should be in our lives and ourhearts all the time.I know a young man (I’ll call him Ed) whoselife is a testament to the power of keeping Godclose every day. He called me just the other dayto tell me he had been laid off from his job –and he was so excited! Just before he got thenews, Ed told me he had a feeling that Godwanted to tell him something. “God gave methe feeling I had completed my assignment atmy job,” he told me, adding, “I had no idea thelayoff was coming.”“I haven’t found what God hasfor me yet, but I can’t wait to see!”Is he a little concerned about money, a littleworried about what comes next? Absolutely.Ed’s a practical guy, and he isn’t pretending thateverything’s sunshine and rainbows. But – andthis is the proof of his hope – he told me, “I’mexcited about what’s next. I haven’t found whatGod has for me yet, but I can’t wait to see!”Do you know in your heart that there is afuture and a hope? Do you have faith in Hiswisdom to make His plan for you manifest?Even when we feel a little lost, not knowingwhat God has for us yet, it’s our hope in Hisinfinite love that keeps us going forward.I know that God has a perfect plan for me andall his children. And that gives me new hope,every single day.Gene Henderson1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 23“Hope deferredmakes the heart sick,but a longing fulﬁlledis a tree of life.”Proverbs 13:12
24. trivita.com24 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and Wellness“Cannot say enough positives aboutthese awesome products.““I am a lung cancer survivor,having been in remission since2003, but have continued to beon oxygen (especially at night)and have balance and mobilityproblems. I began takingNopalea and Super SublingualB-12 about three months ago and cannot sayenough positives about these awesome products.My overall energy level has greatly improved, andthe best part is my concentration and clarity ofthinking is greatly improved. After having a seriesof mini strokes, I have even found my memory tobe somewhat better. I am so excited about thesehealth and wellness products that I am tellingeveryone I know who I think could benefit fromthem. I feel so blessed by Sonoran Bloom Nopalea.”Carol L. – Bonham, TX“TriVita products saved my mind.”“I want to share with your readers the great benefitsI have experienced through the use of HCY Guardand Energy Now!. I come from a family witha history of Alzheimer’s and could be a primecandidate for this disease. I am a counselor and Ifacilitate many groups of various topics each week.I was having trouble putting my thoughts togetheras usual and began forgetting material I knew verywell. Fortunately, I heard about TriVita (throughthe James Robison TV program), and I immediatelypurchased HCY Guard. I began a faithful dailyregimen and within two weeks, I noticed I had mymind back. I could speak quickly, remember thewords I needed to use and I had a general clarity ofmind. I have continued taking this supplement alongwith Energy Now! and will never stop. I feel fantasticand energetic. TriVita products saved my mind.”Julia M. – Tehachapi, CA“Leanology is delicious and the weightjust keeps coming off.““About 13 years ago, my wife andI went on a missionary trip toMongolia. We were pretty muchdeprived of food. Upon our return,we went overboard and enjoyedthe luxury of the wonderful foodhere at home. The time awayand not eating routine meals obviously had anadverse affect on my metabolism, which may havecaused me to easily gain weight. I began drinkingLeanology Shakes for breakfast and lunch. I alsostarted fine-tuning my diet, cutting way back onsalt, sugar and other unhealthy items and began tofeel better. I also started drinking water –something I was never very good at. It waseasy to lose my first 20 pounds and the weightkeeps coming off thanks to delicious LeanologyShakes. I am getting great results with very littleeffort. Just be consistent and watch your dietwhile you use the Leanology system.”Kevin G. – Scottsdale, AZ“His level is now 6, where beforeit had skyrocketed to 36.”“When we went to the doctor for my husband’shospital check-up after a recent accident, I had themdo a blood test to see if his homocysteine level hadcome down. I was very sensitive about this becausehe had a test done in 2008, and it was three timesthe normal level. He has been taking HCY Guardever since. His level is now 6, where before it hadskyrocketed to 36. The normal is typically under 11.Praise God for answered prayers.”Carol H. – Cowan, TNYoushouldconsultwithahealthcareproviderbeforestartinganydiet,exerciseorsupplementationprogram,beforetakinganymedicationorifyoususpectyoumighthaveaheartproblem.Youshouldnotstoptakinganymedicationwithoutfirstconsultingyourhealthcareprovider.Real Stories from real peopleSee what Members like you have to say about TriVita®products!“The first morning I took your product I felt a mental clarityI had not enjoyed in a while. ““I am a Woman’s Health Nurse Practitioner who leads a verybusy life. Between the mental fatigue of seeing numerouspatients to planning a wedding and traveling out-of-stateat least twice a month, I was running on empty! Even withexercising regularly, eating properly and taking vitaminsupplements every day, I was feeling worn out. I also had mythyroid examined to see if there was a physical problem.However, after watching your infomercials for over a year, I decided to orderSuper Sublingual B-12 and give it a try. The first morning I took your productI felt a mental clarity I had not enjoyed in a while. I have been referring mypatients to your website and encouraging other staff members to try it. So, all Ihave to say is thank you. I would not have believed it if I had not tried it myself.”Cheryl C. – Port Arthur, TX“... the results were amazing.”“I’m a 62-year-old retired firefighter. I spent 34 years in thefire service. I always stayed fit by working out and jogging.I even competed in bodybuilding shows for seven years.After all those years of firefighting, my body was feeling theeffects. My left knee hurt most of the time – it caused me towalk with a limp. I had pain in my right shoulder. Sometimesthe pain was so intense, I would have to use my left arm.Finally, in the last six months, I would wake up at night with hip pain.Then my life changed when I became a TriVita Member. I started takingSuper Sublingual B-12 – GREAT STUFF! I was hearing more and more aboutNopalea and the results people were having with it. I was a bit skeptical atfirst, and then said, ‘Why not?’ I started my first bottle in the middle of Apriland the results were amazing. I take one to two ounces in the morning andafter three weeks, the shoulder and hip pain are both completely gone. Thankyou, TriVita. I plan to compete in a bodybuilding show this summer, thanks toNopalea. I’ll keep you updated.”John L. – Jacksonville Beach, FL
25. 1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 25Few people can imagine the challengesDeborah faces every day. That’sbecause she has suffered from multiplesclerosis (MS) for over seven years, whichhas weakened her and reduced her mobility.Although she is currently wheelchair-bound,that doesn’t restrict her bubbly, effervescentpersonality. She refuses to let her physicallimitations affect her incredibly positiveattitude. “Although this condition is designedto destroy a person’s spirit, emotions andphysical well-being, I love life,” says Deborah.“By sharing my trials, tribulations andvictories, I believe I can make an awesomedifference in many other peoples’ lives. I havebeen helped through the pain by my faith,love and nurturing family and friends.” Shealso considers TriVita a strong partner in herquest for wellness and firmly believes thatTriVita products have helped improve herquality of life in spite of many health issues.When Deborah was first profiled in the May2008 issue of the VitaJournal, she had cometo realize that a “Type A” personality hadcontributed to her health breakdown. “Iwanted control of every aspect of my life,”Deborah remembers. “Even after my MSdiagnosis in 2002, I was in complete denial.I continued to maintain my fast-paced life,refused to take prescribed medicine and didn’teat right. Finally, the MS brought me to myknees, and my body shut down.” Deborah’smother took her back to their Georgia homeand she had to face the enormous task ofcoping with MS.TriVita products helpedher conquer pneumoniaIn spite of Deborah’s many challenges, herspirit still soars and she perseveres. Deborahlaughs a lot and stays in touch with old andnew friends via email and telephone. She hasalso made some impressive health strides withthe help of TriVita products. Her interest inTriVita began back in 2004 when she tunedinto a television program hosted by James andBetty Robison. She started taking TriVitaSublingual B-12, B-6 & Folic Acid andnoticed a big improvement invitality and mental focus. Deborahobserved that “nothing happened”when she tried other store-bought B-12brands, so she’s gone back to TriVitaSublingual B-12 and stayed with it.She is also firmly convinced thatSublingual B-12 helped her fight off aserious case of pneumonia in March2009. “To be alive and talking is a miracle,”Deborah claims. “I believe having TriVita’sB-12 in my system for such a long time helpedsave my life again.” In fact, she noticedupon returning home from the hospital thatshe had that same exhausted feeling beforeshe started taking TriVita Sublingual B-12.Deborah quickly ordered another shipment ofSublingual B-12 and once she started takingit again, her physical therapist noted herimprovement in energy and attitude.Astonishing benefits from Nopalea™“Adaptogen 10 Plus® is also awesome,” Deborahsays. “Sublingual B-12 makes me more ener-getic and mentally sharper. Adaptogen 10Plus, on the other hand, gives me a peace-ful feeling. I really started noticing that I wasbetter able to handle stressful situations andstay calm after taking Adaptogen 10 Plus.” Shehas since added other TriVita products to hernutritional regimen, including OmegaPrime®and CoEnzyme Q-10. Deborah recently startedtaking Nopalea and is thrilled to report that ithas helped cut her MS spasms by half.Now that she’s feeling stronger, Deborah ismaking some ambitious future plans. Firstand foremost, she continually monitors herhealth and pays more attention to it so shecan accomplish even more. Her goal is to bean inspirational speaker and promote her book“No More MS” so she can encourage othersto overcome adversity with a positive outlookon life.Above all, she wants to make sure shecontinues taking her TriVita supplements.“I can’t handle life without Sublingual B-12,”she says. “It helps with my memory, fitnessand makes me feel better all around. TriVitaproducts will always be an important part ofmy life.”Deborah’s amazing survival storyTriVita supplements have helped her triumph overtremendous adversity from mSMember Spotlight2009. “To be alive and talking is a miracle,”Deborah claims. “I believe having TriVita’sSpotlight“TriVitaproductswillalwaysbeanimportantpartofmylife.” – DeborahDeborah recently started takingNopalea and is thrilled to report that ithas helped cut her MS spasms by half.Deborah’s favoriteTriVita products include:• Sublingual B-12• adaptogen 10 plus• nopalea• omegaprime• Coenzyme Q-10
26. trivita.com26 l VITAJOURNAL Celebrating 10 Years of Health and WellnessHomocysteine,B vitamins and food:making the connectionBy Christa Orecchio, Certiﬁed Clinical Nutritionist,Holistic Health CounselorAs manyVitaJournalreadersknow, too muchhomocysteine in theblood is related to ahigher risk of coronaryheart disease, strokeand peripheral vascular disease.But did you know that homocysteine levels arestrongly inﬂuenced by diet, as well as by geneticfactors? The dietary components with thegreatest effects are folic acid and Vitamins B-6and B-12. Folic acid and other B vitamins helpbreak down homocysteine in the body. Severalstudies have found that higher blood levels ofB vitamins are related, at least partly, to lowerconcentrations of homocysteine. Other recentevidence shows that low blood levels of folicacid are linked with a higher risk of fatalcoronary heart disease and stroke.To do all you can to lower homocysteine, seekout the following foods to get the appropriateamount of essential B vitamins in your diet.Folate (folic acid): This is the most impor-tant nutrient to lower homocysteine levels.Additionally, it supports red blood cell produc-tion, allows the nerves to function properlyand helps to protect against osteoporosis-relatedbone fractures and dementia.When the issue is irritability, mentalfatigue, forgetfulness or confusion,folate is something to reach for.Excellent sources include romaine lettuce,spinach, asparagus, turnip greens, mustardgreens, parsley, collard greens, broccoli,cauliflower, beets and lentils. Most legumescontain adequate amount of folate, so eat themdaily – including kidney beans, black beansand garbanzo beans.If you care for it, try calf’s liver: it containsthe highest amount of folate of any other food,rolling in at 215% of our daily need. However,if you dislike liver, lentils are a nice secondchoice – one cup of cooked lentils provides youwith 89.5% of your folate needs for the day.B-6: Lowering homocysteine is not the onlybenefit of getting more B-6 in your diet. Eatingfoods high in B-6 will also help balance out theneurotransmitters in your brain because VitaminB-6 is needed to help manufacture serotonin,the neurotransmitter responsible for feelingsof contentment and well-being. B-6 will helppromote the breakdown of sugars and starchesas well. Excellent sources of B-6 include bellpeppers (not the green ones because those arenot ripe yet), spinach and turnip greens.Fish and animal sources will provide additionalB-6. Yellow fin tuna tops the fish chart forB-6, coming in with 59% daily value withone serving. Other sources include chickenbreast, calf’s liver, turkey, cod, salmon, snapperand halibut.B-12: This vitamin is essential to healthy nervefunction and to producing red blood cells. Ifyou’re a vegetarian, you must take a B-12 supple-ment, because this essential vitamin is foundmostly in animal meats and products, namelyfish, poultry, meat, eggs, milk and milk products.TriVita’s Sublingual B-12 is the best choice.In my practice I always embrace the over-crowding theory: add the “good stuff” in andthe “bad stuff” falls away. As you eat morehealthy fruits and vegetables and especiallyleafy greens, your cravings for those foods thatdo not support you should start falling away.There is one habit near and dear to Westernculture worth kicking if you are serious aboutlowering your homocysteine down to a healthylevel: coffee. Yes, this is the substance thatmost of North America wakes up to daily, anda faithful companion both during the morningcommute and at the computer. Research showsthat the more coffee consumed (decaffeinatedor regular, and especially unfiltered), the higherthe levels of homocysteine in the blood becausecoffee leaches the B vitamins and folic acid.If this is something you are not willing to giveup, then seek out an herbal coffee. Many ofthem are made the same way conventionalcoffee is and taste very similar. Switching togreen tea would also be a healthful alternative.To bring down homocysteine levels, it is verywise to get some extra support from a goodsupplement. TriVita HCY Guard®is clinicallyproven to lower HCY levels and can do wonderswhen coupled with a healthy diet.Homocysteine-lowering recipes on page 27...Christa OrecchioThe dietary components withthe greatest eﬀects are folic acidand Vitamins B-6 and B-12.
27. 1-800-991-7116 September 2009 l 27Editor’s Note continued from page 3...We value your feedback.Please send your comments to: email@example.com or mail to Editor, c/oTriVita, Inc., 16100 N. Greenway HaydenLoop, Suite 950, Scottsdale, AZ 85260Sautéed Kale with Smoked PaprikaAny variety of kale will work in this recipe.If available, try ruﬄed Red Russian kale,Tuscan kale or Salad Savoy.INGREDIENTS• 8 cups (packed) kale, center ribs andstems removed, leaves coarsely chopped(from about 1½ pounds)• 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided• ¾ cup chopped onion• ¼ to ½ tsp. sweet or hot smoked paprika*• Generous pinch of dried crushedred pepperDIRECTIONSCook kale in large pot of boiling saltedwater until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transferto colander; drain.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet overmedium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft,about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon smokedpaprika and crushed red pepper; sprinkle withsalt. Add kale and sauté until heated through,about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt andpepper and more smoked paprika, if desired.Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining1 tablespoon oil and serve.*Sweet smoked paprika is sometimes labeledPimentón Dulce or Pimentón de La Vera Dulce,and hot smoked paprika is sometimes labeledPimentón Picante or Pimentón de La Vera Picante;available at some supermarkets and specialtyfoods stores.Tuna Steaks with aCucumber Dill SalsaINGREDIENTS• Half of a large cucumber – cut lengthwise• 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped• 1 cup purple kale, finely chopped• 3 Tbsp. olive oil• 4, 4-6 ounce tuna steaks• 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar• Sea salt and black pepper• To make Cucumber Dill Salsa:Scoop out the seeds of the cucumber anddice. Mix cucumber with the dill and kale.DIRECTIONSHeat a skillet over medium-high heat.Rub oil on tuna steaks and cook for 2-3minutes on each side. Place tuna steakson plates and top with cucumber salsa.Keep skillet over medium-high heat andadd 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, saltand pepper to taste. Let sauce sizzle for afew seconds and then drizzle over ﬁsh withsalsa. Serve immediately.Notes: Time of cooking tuna will vary dueto thickness and preference. Most enjoytuna medium-rare, leaving it a bit pinkin the middle. Substitute fennel for cucumberor bok choy for kale for a diﬀerent twist.Homocysteine-Lowering Recipesmy carbs and eating more fruits andvegetables, I notice that I have much moreenergy. The Leanology capsules deﬁnitelyhelp me stay on my new eating plan.”In March, Mike had lost a couple ofpounds. By the end of April, his weightloss reached seven pounds. “I lost a smallamount of pounds each week, steadily,for several weeks. On July 9, I weighed195 pounds – close to my goal weight –all thanks to Leanology, eating betterand being more active.”Now, Mike’s daily routine consists ofdrinking plenty of water throughout theday. He typically has a large breakfast, agood-sized dinner and eats a modest snackevery three hours. “I try to avoid any foodafter dinner. That makes a big diﬀerencetoo,” he says.As a 2 Star Director, Mike is often busy atwork, and sits in front of the computerfor long stretches of time. This is why ithas become extremely important for himto be more active when possible. “If I amnot on a TriVita conference call or talkingto prospects in the evenings, I try to playbasketball or baseball with my children ortake a short walk.” His goal is to keep hismetabolism going and to only eat and drinkhealthy foods during the day. “By eatinghealthier, eating less, exercising more andusing Leanology, I have lost 18 poundsand am only 2 pounds away from my goal!Thanks, TriVita, for this great product.”miKe r. – linColn, neMike’s story continued from page 9...That night opened my eyes asto what really matters in life.The frightened look on her face as she spokemade it difficult for me to hold back the tears.She began telling me about how Raymond wasforgetting things. In fact, he set off to a nearbydrugstore a few weeks prior, a few blocks awayfrom our neighborhood, and didn’t return fortwo hours. She shared how scared and worriedshe was and how he finally came to their doorcrying and saying he didn’t know where he was.She asked if he had made it to the store, and heshamefully said “no.” He even started asking herwhat had happened the day before. She soundedalmost panicky as to what she would do if hewas struck with Alzheimer’s and didn’t knowwho she was. I encouraged her that she wouldknow what to do, and that God gives a couplesupernatural strength to be there for the otherone in times of need.That night opened my eyes as to what reallymatters in life. Relationships are everything.Not just relationships in our own family, but ourneighbors are equally as important. We all getso caught up in our own lives, often shuttingothers out, and then when they’re gone or theylose their health, we’re left with regrets. Oneof TriVita’s 10 Essentials is to Give and ReceiveLove. This wonderful couple has taught me somuch about unconditional love, and they havegiven me hope in my own life.Pam Knox, Editor of Publications
28. Brazos Minshew has created a Weekly Wellness Report filled with critical health information.These interesting, easy-to-understand articles are written exclusively for the Weekly WellnessReport and emailed to TriVita Members who have a valid email address on file.TriVita’s Weekly Wellness Reportby Brazos Minshew, Chief Science OﬀicerLook for your Weekly Wellness Report – emailed to TriVita Members only at no charge!WEEKLY WELLNESS TOPICS INCLUDE:• protecting your eyesight • importance of lowering homocysteine• obesity health risks • healthy aging• optimizing Cellular health • and much more!Exclusiveto MembersYou’ve probably heard the old expression,“You can’t pick your relatives.” Andunfortunately, you can’t pick your family’shealth history, either. But, if you know whichconditions run in your family, you can changecertain lifestyle habits that may put you at evenhigher risk, and be proactive with screening testsfor early detection.To find out your family’s medical history, TheCenters for Disease Control and Preventionrecommends asking questions, talking at familygatherings and looking at death certificates andfamily medical records, if possible. You will wantto collect the following information from yourfamily (including grandparents, parents, siblings,aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews):• Major medical conditions and causesof death• Age of disease onset and age at death• Ethnic backgroundThe U.S. Surgeon General, with the coopera-tion of the U.S. Department of Health andHuman Services, provides a tool that helpsyou easily organize your family medical history.The web-based Family Health Portrait (visitfamilyhistory.hhs.gov) allows you to collect theinformation and print it out for yourself andyour healthcare provider.When you share your family history informationwith your healthcare provider, he or she canmake better decisions about your personalhealthcare approach: determine which screeningtests should be administered early and adviseyou on preventive measures.DiabetesEvaluate these diabetes risk factors from theNational Institute of Diabetes and Digestiveand Kidney Diseases:• I have a parent, brother,or sister with diabetes• I am over 45• I am overweight• My family background is Alaska Native,American Indian, African-American,Hispanic/Latino, Asian-American orPaciﬁc Islander.• I have had gestational diabetes,or I gave birth to at least one babyweighing more than 9 pounds.• My blood pressure is 140/90 mm Hg orabove, or I have been told that I havehigh blood pressure.• My cholesterol levels are not normal.My HDL cholesterol is below 35 mg/dL,or my triglyceride level is above 250mg/dL.• I am fairly inactive. I exercise fewerthan three times a week.• On previous testing, I had impairedfasting glucose (IFG) or impairedglucose tolerance (IGT).• I have polycystic ovary syndrome• I have other clinical conditionsassociated with insulin resistance• I have a history ofcardiovascular diseaseHeart diseaseReview these heart disease risk factors fromThe National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute:• Family history of coronary arterydisease: your risk increases if yourfather or brother was diagnosedbefore age 55, or if your mother or asister was diagnosed before age 65.• High blood cholesterol and hightriglyceride levels• High blood pressure• Diabetes and pre-diabetes• Overweight and obesity• Smoking• Lack of physical exercise• Unhealthy diet• Stress• Age: Risk increases for menover 45 and for women over 55(or after menopause)Assessing your riskA family history of conditions such as diabetes and heart disease can heavily influenceyour risk. Review the speciﬁc risk factors below; the more items that apply to you, thehigher your risk. Contact your healthcare provider if you believe you are at risk foreither of these diseases.Which branches are on your medical family tree?Get to the root of your family’s health historyWhich branches are on your medical family tree?Get to the root of your family’s health historyWhich branches are on your medical family tree?Get to the root of your family’s health history
29. Dr. Libby’s Vital C standsabove the rest!• Pharmaceutical-grade Vitamin C• Scientiﬁcally-formulated and physician-approved• Composed of Sodium Ascorbate, the optimal C formaximum absorption• Superior potency with crystalline structure• Non-acidic and neutral to be gentle on the stomachVital C Crystals#30170Non-Member $24.99Member $19.99Redeem with 200 VitaPointsVital C Tablets#30230Non-Member $18.99Member $14.99Redeem with 150 VitaPointsTake Crystal Tablets and Powdered Crystals for 24-hour protection.Call toll-free to order 1-800-991-7116.Because you care about your well-being,this morning you ate a healthy breakfastand took your TriVita® supplements.Then you stepped into the shower and latheredup with dangerous petrochemicals. After washingyour face and grooming your hair with ingredi-ents known to cause cancer and birth defects,you slathered on a sunscreen that contains ahormone disruptor and went out to face the day.This grim scenario is not science fiction,but contemporary fact. Many of the brand-name products that promise to clean,moisturize and protect contain ingredientsthat are known to cause harm. Who’s mindingthe store? The manufacturers themselves.While the Food and Drug Administration(FDA) is the main U.S. agency involved inpersonal products, the FDA’s own websitestates clearly, “Cosmetic firms are responsiblefor substantiating the safety of their productsand ingredients before marketing.”Cosmetics = shampoo,toothpaste, deodorants, moreEveryone who bathes, washes their hair orbrushes their teeth is affected by this issue,because “cosmetics” covers a lot of ground.To the FDA, cosmetics are “articles intendedto be rubbed, poured, sprinkled or sprayed on,... or otherwise applied to the human body... forcleansing, beautifying, promoting attractivenessor altering the appearance.” These articles includetoothpaste, shampoo, deodorants, moisturizers,perfumes, lipsticks, facial make-up and hair dyes.While the ads for these products promiseshiny hair and gleaming teeth, the ads definitelydon’t talk about the toxins involved. That’sthe banner taken up by a growing consumersafety movement concerned about the dangerouseffects of cosmetics, personal products and otherparts of daily life.Product poisons and what they doOne of the most visible groups campaigningagainst toxic cosmetics and other dangers isthe Environmental Working Group (ewg.org).EWG runs an Internet-based directory ofthousands of products, listing their potentialdangers and “rating” them on a hazard scale.You can check out all of the major brands(and search specifically for products you use),at cosmeticsdatabase.com.We apply an average of 126 unique ingredients toour skin every day, according to EWG. Here aresome of the most common dangers:Phthalates. Industrial chemicals usedin shampoos and hairsprays. They disruptthe hormone system, and for years havebeen regulated by the U.S. EnvironmentalProtection Agency as water and air pollutants.Oxybenzone. Widely used in sunscreens(plus lip balms, lipsticks and moisturizers), thischemical has been linked to allergies, hormonedisruption and cell damage, according to theCenters for Disease Control.Triclosan. This is a pesticide that disruptshormones. You can find it in liquid hand soapand toothpaste, as well as children’s toys.Ethylene glycol/propylene glycol. Favor-ites in cleansers, shampoo, foundation, sunscreenand moisturizer – plus motor vehicle anti-freeze andairplane wing de-icers. They’ve been linked withskin irritation, birth defects and organ damage.Parabens. Members of this chemical familyare widely used as preservatives in thousands ofcosmetics. They can disrupt the hormone system.While it’s impractical to avoid contactwith all toxins, we can learn about andchoose products that are safer. And nowwe can also drink Nopalea™, the amazingwellness drink formulated to help thebody cleanse itself of toxins and fightinflammation (see page 10).Dying to look good:toxic personal productsThe truth about what’s really in themWe apply an average of 126 uniqueingredients to our skin every day...Buy oneVital Cget second same one50% OFFgood through 9-30-09
30. TriVita®has bundled your favoritenutrient-rich products at fantastic savings!BESTVALUEStress Protection PackCombining nature’s most powerfulstress-ﬁghting nutrientsDon’t let stress rob you of your quality of life –protect yourself from the damages of stress withthe Stress Protection Pack.Adaptogen 10 Plus® helps your body balance itselfwhen it’s under stress. It’s antioxidant-rich and helpsto neutralize damaging free radicals that can hurtyour immune system.Sublingual B-12, B-6 & Folic Acid supports brainand nervous system health; its sublingual deliverysystem ensures fast B vitamin absorption.FREE CDFirst-timebuyers of theStress ProtectionPack get aFREE StressAudiobook!(A $9.99 value!)Healthy Aging PackNutrients to strengthen yourbody’s ability to combat illnessTriVita’s Healthy Aging Pack gives you the essentialnutrients you will need to help combat changesthat occur with age, like increased inflammationand a weakened immune system.The B vitamins in Sublingual B-12, B-6 & Folic Acidhelp keep your brain and nervous system healthy.Avoid becoming nutrient deficient and low in energywith VitaDaily™ AM/PM. Dr. Libby’s Vital C Tabletsprovide powerful immune protection.Help reduce inflammation in yourjoints and throughout your bodywith OmegaPrime®.Take daily, or more as needed.FREE CDFirst-timebuyers of theHealthy AgingPack get a FREEHealthy AgingAudiobook!(A $9.99 value!)Adaptogen 10 Plus:1 bottle (32 servings)Sublingual B-12:1 box (30 count)Take daily, ormore as needed.Stress ProtectionPack #33236Non-Member $87.98Member $59.99Substitute Original B-12with Super B-12 andadd $3.00 #33342Substitute Original B-12with HCY Guard®andadd $4.00 #33340Healthy AgingPack #32272Non-Member $104.96Member $72.99Substitute Original B-12with Super B-12 andadd $3.00 #32278Substitute Original B-12with HCY Guard®andadd $4.00 #32273
32. Faster-acting, longer-lasting, greater energyCall toll-free to order 1-800-991-7116MEMBER ID16100 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite 950Scottsdale, AZ 85260For maximum sustained mentalenergy take TriVita Super Sublingual B-12More potent than ever before with three times theVitamin B-12. Super Sublingual B-12 helps you achieve:• Sustained mental energy,stamina and alertness• Improved mood witha more positive outlookon life• Greater mental focus,clarity and concentration• Sharper memorywith less forgetfulnessSee page 7 for more details.SUPER SUBLINGUALB-12AVAILABLEEXCLUSIVELY FROMTRIVITAOur new breakthrough helps your body experiencean optimal state of wellness by:• Relieving pain• Improving breathing• Reducing swelling in joints, muscles and organs• Supporting healthy blood pressureAs a direct result, these healthy changes may also help your bodyfeel increasingly energized.Daily use of Nopalea helps your body:• Reduce inflammation• Detoxify• Achieve optimal cellular health• Protect against premature agingConsidering these outstanding results, why not try Nopalea andsee what it can do for you! For more information, see pages 10-11.Nopalea™#30710Non-Member $49.99Member $39.99Nopalea™4 bottle pack #33400Non-Member $199.96Member $139.99Special – 4 Pack Savings!Nopalea™ – the astonishing wellness drinkThe latestBREAKTHROUGHin wellnessdrinksNopalea4 bottle packNon-Member $199.96Member $139.99Special – 4 Pack Savings!