1. Brief 2: Promotion package for a new film By Jake Thorne A2 STARTS HERE!!!!
2. The portfolio will include: <ul><li>A teaser trailer for the film </li></ul><ul><li>A film magazine front cover - featuring the film </li></ul><ul><li>A poster for the film </li></ul>
3. Reason for choosing brief two <ul><li>The reason I have chosen the second brief, where I have to produce a teaser trailer, magazine front cover and poster for a film, is because I have previous experience in making film trailers from GCSE and would like to make the step up to a level and make the trailer that bit better as I really enjoy the process and production of filming. </li></ul>
4. Where I think I can go <ul><li>For the film trailer I have decided to follow the gang/teen genre of troubles youths and gang culture as I have some really good resource to effective convey and portray this genre effectively. </li></ul>The magazine front cover featuring the film I am film the trailer, is going to be a relatively simpler task the the other two as for A2 I have already deconstructed an EMPIRE magazine front cover, which is a magazine the generally focuses on film so this task will be better for me when it comes to creating the magazine front cover and when deconstructing and analyzing 3 front covers. For the poster, this is a new experience for me as I have never analyzed a film poster before so this will be a new experience, but it will be very similar to analyzing a magazine front cover, so I should be comfortable with this task.
5. <ul><li>With the A2 coursework, I will be looking to use the skills I have learnt from GCSE and AS levels to effectively produce a good final product by using my knowledge of semiotics, choosing the right target audience, getting my genre right, and analyzing and deconstructing effectively. </li></ul>