1. Delicious Social Bookmarking What happens when you bookmark an important site, only to realise that you can’t access it on the computer you're on?
2. What is social bookmarking? <ul><li>Social bookmarking is a way for people to accumulate, categorize, find, and control information from web pages on the Internet. </li></ul><ul><li>Users save links to their favourite and most useful web pages, in order to remember information. </li></ul><ul><li>Although bookmarks are usually public, they can be saved privately and shared with others. </li></ul>
3. About the website <ul><li>What is Delicious? </li></ul><ul><li>Delicious is an internet site designed to allow you access to any website that you bookmark, no matter what computer you are using. </li></ul><ul><li>Why use a website to bookmark information, instead of just using your home computer? </li></ul><ul><li>Delicious allows you to access your information on all computers, therefore you are able to use a school computer, work computer etc. to find your websites. It is extremely helpful because unlike your memory, you can always rely on Delicious. </li></ul><ul><li>Aside from being a bookmarking tool, what does Delicious offer? </li></ul><ul><li>Access to bookmarks made by other people with similar interests as yourself </li></ul><ul><li>The ability to view friends bookmarks and add them for your own benefit </li></ul><ul><li>The choice to tag specific words to make your search within an article easier. </li></ul>
4. Main Page Popular bookmarked sites. Popular Tagged subjects.
5. Main Toolbar HOME: The Home button takes you back to the main page( shown above) BOOKMARKS: The Bookmark button takes you to the websites that you have previously saved. PEOPLE: The People button takes you to your Friend Network list. TAGS: The Tag button takes you to a page that shows your tagged words.
6. Click this button ( found in top right corner of Home Page) How to Save a New Bookmark Past URL of website inside this box 1 2 3
7. Popular tag words for this subject Tag specific words that relate to your subject and will help you reference it in the future Choose a title for your subject
8. Personal Bookmark List Most tagged (used) words out of your Bookmarks.