Submitted To: A PowerPoint Presentation by:
Prof. Kasturi Rangan Debashish Sarkar
K V N Raju (30)
Namrata Singhal (47)
Priyojeet Kumar (61)
First salon chains in the country provides the modern
Indian woman with a plethora of beauty and grooming
Repertoire of professional beauticians, hair artists and
stylists meets international standards and its
plush, feminine interiors leave you feeling
refreshed, rejuvenated and inspired.
Competitive pricing, unmatched expertise and wide range
SERVICE TRIANGLE MODEL OF LAKME SALON
Excellent Interiors & Ambience for women
Innovative products and
premium services to men
External Marketing consists of the 7P’s of marketing.
They are as follows -
• Physical Evidence
• Lakme Salons have wide price range according to the various
services they provide to the customers.
• E.g. - Hair Care, Hair cuts and various specialized services
like bleaching, waxing etc.
Located in areas like women working areas, commercialized
areas, malls, posh areas.
E.g.- Hazratganj in Lucknow, Banjara Hills and Madhapur in
Hyderabad, South City Mall in Kolkata etc.
A wide range of Lakme products are used in
• Service Personnel
-- Professionals like Cory Walia (Bridal expert)
-- Sudhir Grover (Hair Care Expert)
-- Sushma Khan (Skin Care Expert)
-- Brand ambassador - Kareena Kapoor
It has a huge loyal customer base because of the kind of service they
provide to the customers.
• Peripheral Evidence: Lakme Salons provides
gift vouchers to its regular customers and also
provides loyalty cards.
• Essential Evidence: All Lakme Salons are
maintained with a unique and soothing
ambience (music, interiors, magazines
etc.)which gives an unique experience to the
customers with high satisfaction levels.
• Job shop operations.
• People processing like hairdressing, facials etc.
• Mental stimulus processing through magazines
Vogue, Femina, Cosmopolitan etc.
Service Personnel and
It includes all the qualities and values that company
needs to pass on to its employees for providing best
service to its customers.
Sense of involvement
Sense of belonging
The top 5 salon chain companies in India are:-
Line of Visibility
• I-cards mentioning the profile of the people working
• Online details of expertise of workers in that specific
• Mentioning the details of the products being
Non Financial Burdens
• Hedonic Exceptions - Music, Ambience, Décor, Room
• Risk of Injury – Location of the place (well developed
example – Shopping malls, posh areas.
• Feeling Inadequate – beauty tips and slight add-on services.
• Example - After threading, highlighting the eyes with slight
make-up to experience the difference before and after visiting
the Lakmé salon and also how to differentiate the same for a
party or professional look, directions of highlights
• Fear & Anxiety – no usage of products beyond
expiry dates, hygienic maintenance (fresh
towels, clean equipments).
Effort Cost Reduction
• Online services available by use of video on their
Example – for face cleansing, party or professional
• Online Bookings - bridal look, hair cut, hair styling and
color techniques, spa, massage.
• Contact – toll free numbers ; proper details of people at
Lakme salon in a particular area; contacts of the people
operating in the salon.
Job Shop Operations – Lakme offers several service options
and facilities to its customers.
Bridal & Groom make-ups
Manicure & Pedicure
Hair-cutting & styling
People Processing – In all the services provided by Lakme
salons, tangible action is done on the customer’s body.
Mental Stimulus Processing - Via it’s advertisement and
promotional techniques, Lakme touches upon people’s mind in
an intangible way.
The primary mediums are –
Lakme fashion week
The celebrity beauty in its fashion week
Using sponsors like Gitanjali for Lakme fashion week