2. 22squared organized a LIVE
streaming brainstorm to discuss
and everyone was invited.
3. ow it started...
April 23rd April 24th
TwitteRFP Our Friend
4. The idea: A LIVE social brainstorm.
5. @jkretch (client) liked it...
6. We weren’t the only agency interested...
April 24th April 25th
At 1pm EST on Monday, the Brainstorm went
8. We ﬁelded questions from Chat and Twitter
Listed as a top show on USTREAM
9. We got overwhelming participation and response
10. We got overwhelming participation and response
17 pages of
11. The Client
13. A strong source of current content...
But no easily discernible
to bring it together.
14. David was nothing without Goliath...
who’s the enemy?
of Big Media
16. Fear and lack of initiative
The comfort of voyeurism
The fear of expression
17. AKE REALITY
Reality couldn’t be less real
18. Enough about the against,
What does Current stand for?
19. IN 2005
Current TV set out to democratize TV
20. But they’re not getting credit for it...
While Current TV’s
coverage of the 2008
elections was more
inclusive, CNN got the
credit for involving
people in the elections.
Cultural vs. Citizen
22. And, when we...
Lower the bar
Do viewers really care if the content is viewer
generated, as long as it’s good?
Maybe, maybe not, but it’s certainly a big part
of the Current TV di erence.
24. So, where does
The Current experience is confusing and
beneﬁt of participation isn’t clear...
How do I participate?
When should I participate?
Where do I ﬁt?
26. ? Bigger Question:
Should we lose participation all
together and focus on really good
content for a speciﬁc group of people?
...risk being one of many Cable TV
stations that already do just that?
28. One thing is clear, living in the murky
middle is no good:
Unclear about value
About who we are
About why we matter
29. Go broader? Go more niche?
Or go niche to go broad?
Be the Culture Source
31. Other TV Networks
Innovators Early Adopters Early Majority Late Majority Laggards
The source for the fearless
for those not afraid of expressing themselves
and there opinions
for those not afraid to get a new perspective
but, does it clearly tie all of our disparate
Reality has been bastardized
Authenticity has been lost
The REAL reality
Can Current TV be the most authentic source of reality?
Does that give our VC2 clarity of purpose and beneﬁt?
35. Or is “reality” already too far gone to be
36. Or is it Authentic/Transparent TV?
37. Or is it Authentic/Transparent TV?
A Cultural Wake Up Call
A call to stop polluting your minds
To question what’s behind the curtain
To appreciate transparency
38. Whatever Current does, it has the
potential to make humanity better.
39. And we think our industry, including
22squared, is excited to see what’s next.
40. About 22squared
22squared, one of the largest independent, privately-owned advertising agencies (we
use the term loosely) in the U.S. We provide strategic and creative advertising services
across multiple business verticals. O ering an empirical approach to building brand
advocacy called the Friendship Model, we specialize in communications that drive
business growth by building strong relationships with customers. The number 22squared
represents the exponential power of brand advocacy as well as the average number of
friends a person makes throughout his or her life. 22squared is located in Atlanta, GA and
Tampa, FL. For more information, visit 22squared.com.
Created by : Brandon Murphy | email@example.com
Gri n Farley | gri firstname.lastname@example.org