Traditional vs Lean/Agile PMO & Organisations
by Barry O'Reilly on Nov 15, 2012
- 3,655 views
This deck showcases how the future can look for organisations as they attempt to scale up agile and lean practices and principles across the entire organisation. ...
This deck showcases how the future can look for organisations as they attempt to scale up agile and lean practices and principles across the entire organisation.
Regardless if we have entered to do project/programme/portfolio work, once onsite I find it is a great way to introduce the wider organisation to the ideas that we use to deliver and how they can support all areas and activities in the organisation.
- How traditional PMO and organisation are setup
- Legacy mindset for are alive and still driving the majority of portfolio/organisation behaviours
- Comparisons of traditional and agile/lean mindsets
- Principles of agile/lean portfolio/organisation management
- Organisational structure
- Annual vs Incremental funding (Beyond Budgeting)
- Limiting Work in Progress i.e. its only matters how many projects you finish, not start.
- Managing and visualising capability
- Coping with portfolio complexity through experimentation and validated learning
- Removing the concept of projects and focusing on continuous delivery of value
- Benefits of agile/lean portfolio/organisation management
This deck was compiled using referenced materials and the support of David Joyce (@dpjoyce) and Ian Carroll (@caza_no7)
© All Rights Reserved
- Embed Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Total Views