1. Significant research and development
capabilities to leverage in mobile
2. Global brand with huge customers
3. Multiple product categories.
1. A weak product portfolio in
comparison to other organization like
Blackberry ie RIM.
2. Lack in the brand identity for specific
phones verses the iPhone and
3. A negative credit rating.
1.Devoting further in smart phone
market in U.S..
2. Significant opportunities in
1. Intense competition among cellular
2. Hard to grab additional customers in
Rebuilding Values into the Brand
1. Smartphone made easy
2. Easy to participate in social
3. Access to useful applications
4. American based
5. Helps you manage your life
6. Durable and outdoor friendly
1. I’m a simple person
2. I love my country
3. I’m committed to my career
4. I’m an outdoor individual
5. I’m committed to my family
Social Media Campaign
Here I assumed that the company can conduct a campaign
named “Motorola in Your Life” which encourages
customers to either make video or write stories, or even
take photos that narrate the stories between their lives
and Motorola smart phone. How it makes live different? Or
anything impressive that happens in their lives that relate
to Motorola smart phone. Finally, the one who gets the
most votes from publics will be the winner of this
competition and earn prize!
How to Participate?
• Players can participate this competition by releasing their works on
which will be set up
in advance by company. Or directly post on the company’s blog which
will build a special webpage for this campaign.
Let More People to Know !
• People no matter participating the competition or not, can express
their opinions and comments on any entries via Facebook, Twitter or
the company’s blog.
• Poeple can share any of the videos, photos or written stories
immediately by directly linking to
The company can take advantage
of Youtube by two ways
According to the voting
results, continuously put
the top ten video works
that made by participants
on Youtube and renew it
once a hour
Make a series of Youtube
commercials for leveraging this
campaign or emphasizing on the
prize that encourages people,
particularly Motorola users to
get to know and participate this
Optimize the Company’s Press Releases for
To press release and news relates to the
competition. Use keyworks in the title, subtitle and body copy of the release.
The company should be sure to use social
bookmark services such as Furl.net and Del.icio.us to archive whenever it gets
online media coverage. Also, the company should use its blog as a way to reach out
to other blogs in the same space to encourage coverage of company’s news.
To create a strong call to action or incentive to click through
on the release to destination content on Motorola’s website.
Develop relationships with online publication editors and
bloggers in order to leverage Motorola brand and this competition as well.
Media Allocation and Timeline
Considering that the social media campaign only part of
Motorola’s entire marketing communication strategies, and its relatively cheaper
expenses, I decide to count 20% for it. Other media costs include the expensive
but important TV commercials, outdoor ads and magazine ads.
Bacially, the company can run the “Motorola in Your life”
campaign for four months, accompanied by other traditional media.
• The company should monitor how consumers talk about Motorola
brand. It can provide early warning signs for product or service issues
as well as promotion opportunities that can be leveraged.
• How to do it? The company can start by subscribing to of
search results on “Motorola” from blog and news search engines. Set
up a account or use the
• The company can evaluate the result of the campaign by calculating
the view volumes of its Youtube commercials, its website and blog,
responses from Facebook group and Twitter group, and vote volumes
for the entries.
• Tracking comments and opinions about this campaign.