1. Parsha PowerPoints Presents Parshat Bo Hailey M. ‘18
2. Why only three plagues in one parsha?• Rav Wolfson explains that the locust, darkness and death of the first born plagues are different because they are beyond nature, so they should be separated from the rest.• The gematria for Bo is three to show the three plagues it mentions.
3. Again…Moshe and Aaron came to pharaoh and said let my people go! And pharaoh said no!
4. Plague #8 - Locusts“If you refuse to let them go, I am going to bring locusts into your land,” Moshe said.They obscured the view of all the earth, the earthbecame darkened, and they ate all the vegetation of the earth and all the fruits of the trees, whichthe hail had left over, and no greenery was left in the trees or in the vegetation of the fields throughout the entire land of Egypt.
5. Bye, Bye, Locusts…Hashem reversed a very strong west wind, and it picked up the locusts and threw them into the Red Sea. Not one locustremained within all the borders of Egypt.
6. … And Hello, Darkness And there will be darkness over the land of Egypt, and the darkness will become darker. Then there was thick darkness over the entire land of Egypt for three days. They did not see each other, and no one rose from his place forthree days, but for all the children of Israel there was light in their houses.
7. During the darkness, all of the Jews went into the Egyptians’ houses when no onecould look and they borrowed the jewels and treasures from them.
8. Rosh Chodesh NissanHashem pronouncedafter the darkness thatthis month will be thehead of the monthsand the first of themonths of the year.
9. How to sacrifice Moshe said to the entire community, “On the tenth of this month, let each one take a lamb for each parentalhome, a lamb for each household. But if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor willtake according to the number of people, each one according to ones ability to eat.
10. Now what?You will have a perfect one year old, male lamb and take it either from the sheep or from the goats. And you will keep it for inspection until the fourteenth day, and the entire congregation of Israel will slaughter it in the afternoon. Thenyou will take some of the blood and put it on thetwo doorposts and on the lintel, on the houses in which they will eat it.
11. Plague #10 – Death of 1 Born stI will pass through the land of Egypt on this night, and I will smite every firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and animal and the blood will be for you for a sign upon the houses where you will be, and I will see the blood and skip over you, and there will be no plague to destroy you when I smite the firstborns of Egypt.