A Note from Sept/Oct Sponsor Report
PoultryCast Impression Stats
Market volatility in general speaks vol-
umes about the consumers willingness
to pay and producers ability to con-
tinue in light of today’s serious market 16,000
extremes. Where two months ago the
issue was high feed costs, those feed 14,000
costs are down sharply as fund specu- 12,000
lators looked to raise cash from any Banner Impressions
available source including the liquida- 10,000
tion of commodity positions. 8,000
The good news is that poultry is po- 6,000
sitioned to benefit from an economic 4,000
downturn as a lower-cost protein. The Podcast Impressions
challenge comes as those fast moving 2,000
markets may have caught companies
with too much product in cold stor- Sep Oct Total
age and too much feed hedged. Those
resultant margin calls tend to make
lenders unfriendly as you return to the
table for next year’s operating loans.
At least two major ethanol companies, PoultryCast Downloads
source for both consumer biofuels and
agriculture’s Distillers Dried Grains
feedstuffs, have declared bankruptcy as Podcast Downloads
they were on the wrong side of those
price moves of historic proportion.
“Agriculture’s New Golden Era” may September
still be intact, but certainly some of
the bloom has faded from the ‘rows’. October
Interesting times... keeping up with
our producers questions and concerns
make for interesting podcasts as well.
Sept/Oct Sponsor Report
Events Attended Sept/Oct
• International DDGs Conference
16 shows were produced
245 average downloads per
episode in September/October
3,935 total podcasts downloaded
Interviews 7,870 podcast impressions
4,904 email impressions
65 interviews conducted 1,428 banner impressions
14,202 total impressions
See Who’s Listening
sept/oct Sponsor Report
“The reach is great. With Benefits of Podcasting
my busy schedule I can
not get or talk to as many • Enhance customer intimacy.
people as you do. In 30
minutes once to twice a • Engage decision makers and influencers.
week I can get bits and
pieces that help me be • Share product messages and stories more dynamically than most other media.
• Connect with customers where traditional marketing/sales do not.
- PoultryCast • Deliver valuable insight to customers like no other company.
• Integrate with other components of the marketing mix.
• Provide a convenient source of information that can be listened to where and when
• Feedback sought regularly through Web comments, surveys, email feedback, and
• Incredibly flexible and responsive – Changes to content and format are made
quickly in response to customer interests and recommendations.
• Coverage of industry events, promotion, and travel are included as part of the
sponsorship without additional expense.
Truffle Connects you and
your Key influencers &
• Producers of the most downloaded agricultural podcasts
• Largest source of online interviews
• Widest array of agricultural sponsorship
• Sophisticated member tracking
• Relationships with international media and information sources
• Preferred conference content distribution partner
• Information people are asking for
• Integrated content management
For more information contact Aaron Gilbertie