Table of Contents
Table of Contents…………………………………………………… 1
Teacher’s Prayer……………………………………………………. 4
History, vision, mission, objective…………………………………. 5-10
Daily Experiences…………………………………………… …….. 11-15
Test Examples……………………………………………………… 16-17
Daily Time Record…………………………………………………. 18
Simple Notes of Students…………………………………………... 20
Field Study Portfolio 1 | P a g e
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING:
First and above all
The school that I have observed for 51 hours
FORT BONIFACIO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
She never says no to my group, she gave us space for learning,
MRS. DELIA A. SERRANO
She patiently entertained my group on our first day,
MRS. LUZVIMINDA R. JIMENEZ
GUIDANCE AND COUNSELOR
To my highly spirited mentors who gave me knowledge to be remembered
And experiences to be unforgotten,
RESOURCE TEACHERS in GRADE II
MA.ROSELLE P. CAMBRONERO
CELIA C. LUCES RESTITUTA B. ESGUERRA
ARCELI S. MORALES MIRIAM G. LAUIGAN
RESOURCE TEACHER in GRADE III
JOCELYN B. SUAREZ
Field Study Portfolio 2 | P a g e
JENNIFER H. BERTOS CERNIL P. NOTO
HERMICHELLE I. DIAZ ROWENA D. NERONA
RESOURCE TEACHER in GRADE IV
MARIBEL E. MALAN
MA. DALIA T. CLARION JENNY LYN L. FERRER
BABETTE L. CELETARIA ELLEN A. BILLONES
AMELITA B. DELA PENA LINDA R. JASMIN
JESSIE F. QUISORA
To my Field Study Professor who imparted a big part of me on how to become a TEACHER,
and what is real life of a TEACHER,
Prof. Rosalina T. Nacino
My GROUPMATES who helped and supported me in times of my hardships,
My ever loving FAMILY who motivates and encourages me in my day to day life.
Field Study Portfolio 3 | P a g e
God grant me wisdom, creativity and love.
With wisdom, I may look to the future
And see the effect that my teaching will
Have on these children and thus adapt my
Methods to fit the needs of each one.
With creativity, I can prepare new and interesting
Projects that can challenge my students and expand
Their minds to set higher goals and dream loftier dreams.
With love, I can praise my students for jobs well done
And encourage them to get up and go when they fall.
Fort Bonifacio Elementary School
J.P. Rizal Ext. West Rembo
Field Study Portfolio 4 | P a g e
A BRIEF HISTORY
FORT BONIFACIO ELEMETARY SCHOOL
Fort Bonifacio, the former William McKinley, present site of the Philippine Army Headquarters is a
sprawling 2,578 – hectare military reservation, bounded by Guadalupe, Makati, Pateros and Taguig.
Acquired by purchase in 1990 by Mayor E.S Volunteers, it was first named after the 25th
President of the
United States – William McKinley. On July 1, 1964, Fort William McKinley was made the permanent
headquarters of the Philippine Army. In February 13, 1964, by virtue of General Order No. 132, AFP Fort
William McKinley was renamed after the Great Plebian of the revolution – Andres Bonifacio. The officers
and men of the Philippine Army requested the Department of Education thru channels to start an
elementary school inside the camp to cater to the needs of military children and dependents.
Fort William McKinley Elementary School was established in November, 1949 according to Mrs. Ellen
Solidium, one of the pioneer teachers of the school classes were held in Quonset quarters left by the
American soldiers. The school site was where the NAPOLCOM stands today. There was no summer
vacation during the school year in order to make up for the delayed opening of the classes. During the
school year of 1955-1956, the school was transferred to the site along the national road in Barangay West
Rembo with the land area of 24, 239 square meters. Army–Type school buildings were built by the
Philippine Army to accommodate the growing population of the school. Later on, these Army-Type
buildings were demolished and replaced by Marcos-Type and Bagong Lipunan two-storey buildings. A two
storey Cario-type building was also constructed and completed in 1991. In 1992, a four-storey building
DEKADA’S 90 was constructed. Today, the complete and imposing building stands tall and proud, one of
the landmarks in the City of Makati. It is one of the best elementary schools in the city in terms of structure,
facilities, equipment and personnel.
Field Study Portfolio 5 | P a g e
The school has the rare privilege of being managed by the following qualified and effective school heads.
A. Name of Administrators School Year
1. Mr. Cecilio Maglaque 1949-1950
2. Mr. Macario Viray 1950-1954
3. Mrs. Encarnacion Perez 1954-1957
4. Ms. Asuncion L. Suarez 1957-1962
5. Mrs. Mercedez R. Geronimo 1962-1968
6. Ms. Josefina D. Benito 1968-1970
7. Ms. Cecilia F. Antonio 1970-1975
8. Mr. Virgilio Inciong 1975-1976
9. Mrs. Dioscora L. Basada 1976-1979
10. Mrs. Purita R. Acosta 1979-1987
11. Mrs. Josefa D. Reyes 1987-1988
12. Mrs. Lolita B. Espanol 1988-1990
13. Dr. Nora M. Uy 1990-1995
14. Dr. Norma C. Bustos 1995-2001
15. Dr. Gloria C. Domingo 2001-2002
16. Dr. Leticia L. Rosales 2002-2008
17. Mrs. Delia A. Serrano 2008-Present
Field Study Portfolio 6 | P a g e
B. Data on Enrolment and Teachers for 10 years
School Year Enrolment No. of Teachers
2000-2001 3313 83
2001-2002 3340 81
2002-2003 3507 86
2004-2004 3496 89
2004-2005 3476 90
2005-2006 3545 92
2006-2007 3595 91
2007-2008 3580 91
2008-2009 3616 95
2009-2010 3626 94
C. School site/physical facilities
1. Status of school site: surveyed but no title yet (Philippine Army Reservation)
2. Area of school site: 3,592 sq. m.
3. Dekada ’90 building: 4-storey building completed on Nov. 8, 1993
Field Study Portfolio 7 | P a g e
4. Academic classrooms
39 standards classrooms
3 smaller rooms – Pre-school
5. Special Rooms: No. of Rooms
Principals office 1
Audio visual Room 1
Home economics 1
Speech Laboratory 1
Guidance Center 1
EMIS Center 1
NDEP Drop-in-center 1
Science Center 1
Computer Room 1
Faculty Room 1
Industrial Arts 1
Field Study Portfolio 8 | P a g e
Journalism Room 1
Stock Room 1
Makabayan Center 1
Girls Bowls 24
Boys Bowls 18 Boys Urinals 5
Aside from the numerous trophies and plaques of recognition received for well-deserved
accomplishments in the field of academics, athletics and cultural activities, Fort Bonifacio Elementary
Schools is very happy and proud to name the most outstanding awards for the past few years.
1. First Place – Most Outstanding Science Center
NCR Level SY 1996-1997
2. Clean and Green - Third Place CY 1996
- First Place CY 1997
- Second Place CY 1998
- First Place CY 1999
- Second Place CY 2000
Field Study Portfolio 9 | P a g e
- Third Place CY 2004
3. First Place - Bet Implement of the Integrated Health and Nutrition Program
SY 1998-1999-NCR Level
4. First Place - Most Outstanding Implementor-National Drug Education
Program (NDEP) NCR Level
This is the story of a school it humble beginnings. The present principal is Mrs. Delia A. Serrano dynamic
and energetic administrator, who has always, the welfare of the pupils, the teachers, support personnel and
other stakeholders at hearth. The 94 – strong teachers and support personnel work hand with her to
maintain the standard and prestige the school has attained for the last 50 years. Long Live Fort Bonifacio
Elementary School!!! We are proud of you!
Field Study Portfolio 10 | P a g e
We in Fort Bonifacio Elementary School, a Child Friendly School, envisions its learners to e
intellectually equipped, morally upright, physically fit, technologically competent, adaptable and
discipline, concerned in preserving and promoting ecological balance, in response to the aspiration
of its school and unchanging society.
Driven by this mission, we commit ourselves to fulfill the following:
- Provide quality basic education focused on the progressive development of our pupil’
- Create a learning environment that will ensure that will ensure intellectual, moral, social,
technological and physical growth of pupil which cater to individual differences;
- Upgrade and enhance teacher’s competencies;
- Provide adequate curriculum and physical resources including modern, technology and its
- Promote health and nutrition programs;
- Establish and maintain linkages with school stakeholders to support and sustain various
- Guided by the divine providence, help and support of our stakeholders, we resolve to
devote all out talents, effort and capabilities to achieve our mission.
Field Study Portfolio 11 | P a g e
My Daily Experiences
Field Study 4
November 26, 2012(Monday)
• Submitted letter of request to Mrs. Delia A. Serrano, Fort Bonifacio Elementary School principal.
• Approved Letter Of request
• Designated to Different grade level
• Reported to Mrs. Malan(Grade leader)
• Assigned to Mrs. Linda Jasmin and Amelita Dela Peña(Resource Teacher)
Day 1: November 28, 2012(Wednesday)
• This is the first day of my observation in Fort Bonifacio Elementary School.
• Research on the school Mission, Vision and Objectives(Principal and Guidance)
Day 2: November 30, 2012(Friday)
• My resource teacher ma’am Linda R. Jasmin introduced me to the class of IV-Ruby that I would be
observing their class.
• I am glad that my resource teachers were very accommodating and approachable.
Day 3: December 03, 2012(Monday)
• I was assigned to took charged the class because the teacher s had an emergency meeting
• I asked the class to write about their past lesson in Makabayan.
• In Edukasyong Pagpapahalaga (EPP), the pupils had their lesson and I asked the three (3) pupils
from Section 7 to write about their past lesson because they had no teachers to cater.
Day 4: December 05, 2012(Wednesday)
• The teacher had a meeting and I was asked to take charge the class.
• I gave them an activity to write about their “Ambition” to lessen their noisiness and rooming
• In the next subject which was Mathematics, the teacher taught about mixed number.
Field Study Portfolio 12 | P a g e
Day 5: December 07, 2012(Friday)
• Class review
Day 6: December 10, 2012(Monday)
• Summative Test
Day 7: December 12, 2012(Wednesday)
• The Teachers Christmas Party in Makati Park and Garden
• Early Dismissal of the pupils.
Day 8: December 14, 2012(Friday)
• The teacher had a work about their report on the pupil’s class standing in Makabayan.
• I put their lecture chart on the board and let them copy the lecture.
• In Mathematics, the teacher taught about “changing improper form to mixed number”.
Day 9: December 17, 2012(Monday)
• I listened to their discussion and took note the important details.
• The teacher taught the class about “Batas Pambansa SA Makasysayang Lugar SA Pilipinas”.
• In their break time, I helped them in distributing their soup.
Day 10: December 19, 2012(Wednesday)
• The class of IV-Ruby was busy to decorate their classroom for their incoming Christmas party.
• I helped them in putting Christmas décor.
• I assisted in preparation of materials needed for their Christmas party.
Day11: December 21, 2012(Friday)
• Christmas party
Field Study 5
Day 1: January 7, 2013(Monday)
• Class review
Field Study Portfolio 13 | P a g e
Day 2: January 9, 2013(Wednesday)
• Summative Test
Day 3: January 11, 2013(Friday)
• Periodical Test
Day 4: January 14, 2013(Monday)
• This day I am the one who gave authority to the pupils to clean
their room because the teacher was not around.
• I asked them to write about their “favorite Hero”.
• In the next subject which was Mathematics, They discussed
about “changing mixed number to improper form”.
• I listened to their discussion.
Day 5: January 16, 2013(Wednesday)
• I assisted in stapling NAT reviewer as per request of Grade Leader.
Day 6: January 18, 2013(Friday)
• I came early to the class and Ms Ferrer, an English Teacher taught about “A Woman Swallowed
• The pupils were quietly noisy because ma’am Ferrer talked about some matters to her co-teachers.
• I restrain the pupils to please keep quiet.
Day 7: January 21, 2013(Monday)
• I observed the teachers dedication and disciplinary strategy to inculcate her pupil’s behavior.
• In this day, I also conducted an interview about authentic/alternative assessment.
• I asked also the test examples in English teacher who is ma’am Ferrer.
Day 8: January 23, 2013(Wednesday)
• In Makabayan, the teacher asked to copy about “Alagad ng Sining Pilipino” and I helped ma’am
Jasmin to do some chores.
• I am the one who forbidden the pupils to please keep quiet and said.
• I am glad that the pupils listened to me in my instructions.
Field Study Portfolio 14 | P a g e
Day 9: January 25, 2013(Friday)
• In Mathematics, Ma’am Dela Peña taught about “Types of Polygon”.
• Before the new lesson, ma’am Dela Peña recalls their past lesson.
• The teacher called one(1) pupils who raise their hands to answer her questions then after the pupils
answered he/she call one of his/her classmates.
Day 10: January 28, 2013(Monday)
• I helped my classmates in stapling NAT reviewer.
Day 11: January 30, 2013(Wednesday)
• The class was divided into five (5) groups for their activity
assigned about Types of polygons.
• The class was noisy because of that commotion.
• The pupils prepared for their group report and I supervised them
to do silently.
Field Study 6
Day 1: February 01, 2013(Friday)
• I came to school early.
• I observed the pupils were very busy doing their projects in EPP.
• They brought their materials needed for their projects.
• I was amazed because they’re the one who did their projects in supervision of their teacher ma’am
Day 2: February 04, 2013(Monday)
• Their sitting arrangements were very conducive for them to learn because their seats were divided
in four divisions and the teacher can move around and saw her students.
• I observed that the pupils doing their formal theme.
• While the pupils busy doing their formal theme, Ms Ferrer checked some student’s work who was
Day 3: February 06, 2013(Wednesday)
• I was observed EPP subject handled by Ms Carreon.
Field Study Portfolio 15 | P a g e
• She had a review first before giving a summative test.
• Ms Carreon shared personal experience on handling early childhood.
Day 4: February 08, 2013(Friday)
• The pupils were just answer in their work text in Filipino IV pages: 206-211; 213-214
• In their next subject which was Makabayan, the teacher checked the project of the pupils while the
pupils copy the lecture.
Day 5: February 11, 2013(Monday)
• We (Fort Bonifacio Elementary groups) had a pictorials/documentation.
Day 6: February 15, 2013(Friday)
• We, my group conducted an interview to west rembo barangay secretary Ms Bheng Flores in
connection to the partnership of the school and community
Day 7: February 18, 2013(Monday)
• In their Mathematics subject, before the teacher proceeds to their
new lesson, she gave motivation first to her pupils.
• The teacher gave also a reward in terms of praise to those pupils
who excel in the class.
Day 8: February 20, 2013(Wednesday)
• Before the class started, ma’am Dela Peña let the pupils sung about “Math is easy” for their
• Ma’am Dela Peña had very good visual aids.
Day 9: February 22, 2013(Friday)
• I conducted an interview to several teachers in Grade IV regarding Global Teachers.
• I also asked some teaching learning style of some teachers.
Day 10: February 25, 2013(Wednesday)
• EDSA revolution
Day 11: February 27, 2013(Friday)
• I gathered test examples given by the teachers to their pupils.
Field Study Portfolio 16 | P a g e
• I also gathered information about the history of Fort Bonifacio Elementary in guidance Office.
Day 12: March 01, 2013 (Friday)
• I collected the simple notes of the pupils.
• My resource teachers signed my Daily Time Record and Certificate of Completion.
Day 13: March 06, 2013(Wednesday)
• I return to Fort Bonifacio Elementary to award the Certificate of Appreciation to my Resource
teacher and give token to the pupils and to my resource teacher.
• We also give certificates and token to the school principal and Guidance Counselor.
Field Study Portfolio 17 | P a g e
Daily Time Record
Field Study Portfolio 18 | P a g e
Field Study Portfolio 19 | P a g e
Simple Notes of Students
Field Study Portfolio 20 | P a g e
For the past three months, doing field study in Fort Bonifacio Elementary School as an
observant and pre-service teacher changed into something worthy of holding on to our chosen
career that is being a TEACHER someday. I have observed that the classroom organization as well
as the procedures and the student’s individual characteristics were just common to every
classroom. I had a lot of experiences and learning about the pupils’ behavior. The physical
arrangement was somewhat cozy, the daily procedures and routines were done as scheduled. I as
an observer keep a running record of everything that happens during the instructional period to get
an overview of the lesson. The lesson was organized in a manner that the objectives were
presented to be perceived by the students. The materials, methods and procedures of the lesson
plan were successfully executed. When there’s a problem that may arise in the classroom the
teacher can easily resolved conflicts, as the teacher uses kind words and dealing it with a low tone
voice. For the past few months of observation, we have come up with a better understanding of the
world we are trying to fit in.
When the time came that I need to say Goodbye, I saw their face sad because I think they
are comfortable with me. Actually one of the pupils approached me to return back. The pupils’
behavior and characteristics were different from each other because they came from different
environment and families.”No two learners are exactly the same”.
Finally, this field study that is considered to be an enriching experience in developing and
utilizing the appropriate strategies to facilitate learning was a wonderful experience not just to be
kept as a memory to be remembered but it should be kept in the heart for further application in the
future and the knowledge that we have gained all throughout the study will be our stepping stone
to a more complex challenges that we will be facing in the next months and year to come.
Field Study Portfolio 22 | P a g e
4(Exploring the Curriculum),
5(Learning assessment strategies), 6(Becoming a Teacher)
Submitted By: Submitted To:
Tomanggong, Glenda L. Prof. Rosalina T. Nacino
III-F SpEd Field Study Teacher
Field Study Portfolio 23 | P a g e