In this tutorial,
we will show how to
create PDF with
for Lotus Notes
How-To: PDF in Lotus Notes
• Lotus Notes or Domino Web application
• SWING Integrator
• Word or Excel or OpenOffice installed on the client
• Creating PDFs with Notes data
• Well-formatted and accurate document layouts
• Authorized users can change document layouts
using the familiar Office tools
Step 1: Copy SWING Integrator design
elements to your database
Select the destination
database and let the
Wizard do the rest
Open the Integrator
database and start the
Step 2: Add the Integrator action button
In Domino Designer, add an action button
to your Notes form or view...
...and copy the code snippet from
the Integrator sample library.
Step 3: Create an Office template
We will use MS Office to design custom document layout.
Create a Word, Excel or
OpenOffice template, or
import an existing template
Select Notes forms and
fields for data transfer
Open your database; notice that the Templates view
has been added. Let’s create a new template.
It’s ready to use now!
Send as PDF creates a PDF,
and composes a memo with the
Excel runs in the
background, so users see
only the resulting PDF!
What we have done:
• Copied design elements using Setup Wizard
• Added an action button to the Notes form and view
• Added an Excel template and set up the data
What we have got:
• 1-step PDF in a Lotus Notes application
• Ready to use SendAsPDF() or SaveAsPDF()
• Office templates for easy maintenance
• A comprehensive API for advanced programming