1. This tutorial shows
how to create reports
and charts with
Lotus Notes data
How-To: Reporting from Lotus Notes
• Lotus Notes or Domino Web application
• MS Excel installed on the client
• SWING Integrator
MS Excel advantage:
• Users are familiar with it
• No training is required to create new reports
• Reporting AND dynamic data analysis
3. Step 1: Copy SWING Integrator design
elements to your database
Select the destination
database and let the
Wizard do the rest
Open the Integrator
database and start the
4. Step 2: Add the Integrator action button
In Domino Designer, add an action button to your view...
...and copy the code snippet from
the Integrator sample library.
5. Step 3: Create an Excel template
Open your database; notice that the Templates view has been
added. Let’s create a new Excel Report template.
You may start from our sample
templates, and play with different
report layouts. This cross-tab report
will employ Excel PivotTable.
Save the template to the Template Setup
document. Then, set up the field mapping.
6. It’s ready to use now!
7. What we have done:
• Copied design elements using Setup Wizard
• Added an action button
• Added an Excel template and set up the data transfer
What we have got:
• Excel-based reports and data analysis from Lotus Notes
• Centralized report templates for easy maintenance
• Data transfer, including transformations between
multivalue fields and tables
What we didn’t see yet...
8. We didn’t see yet:
• Saving reports to Notes
• Exporting to PDF
• Excel can run in the background (e.g. for 1-step Chart.gif)
• Data source: views, categories, document collections, arrays
• Word-based documents and reports
Points to remember:
• The application can be easily extended simply by adding new
Office templates, without programming.
• A comprehensive API and open design elements let
developers customize the solution to fit their specific needs.