P&G ALUMNI NETWORK ATLANTA CHAPTER 10-24-17 PROGRAM - JOHN COSTELLO - BOTTOM-LINE BRANDING - v10-24-17 FINAL
Your Atlanta Chapter Board Serving You Welcomes You to Program 8!
1. Kip Knight, President, H&R Block Retail
Rob Lynch, President, CMO, Arby’s
2. Proven Best Practices From Entrepreneurs & Innovators
3. Cheryl Bachelder, CEO, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
4. Jamie Turner, CEO, SIXTY Marketing
5. Margaret Wise, ARKE – Today’s Top 3 Trends in MarTech
6. Steve Nilsen, Boyden Partner, How to Make Executive Search Work For You
7. Dave Knox, WPP Ventures Partner, Predicting The Turn
Who has been to one of our 7 programs?
Thank you to our 10/24 program leaders
David, Brian & Linda!
Thank you to our 2017 Strategic Tech Partner!
Top Tech Topics
2018 Preview: Save March 21 for an evening with
Jim Stengel, Former P&G Global Marketing Officer.
2017 AMA Marketing Hall of Fame Inductee.
March 21 program will also have special guests
from Global & P&G Alumni FOUNDATION
Thank you to John Costello!
Former President Global Marketing & Innovation, Dunkin’ Brands.
Chairman Emeritus, Global Board of Directors, MMA.
2017 CMO Club Marketing Hall of Fame Inductee.
Chairman Emeritus – Ad Council.
CEO, Costello Ventures.
John has chosen Yellowstone Forever.
The ATL Chapter will donate $200 +
your generous contributions
as a big thank you to John.
@PGalums #PGalums Global Conference, Cincinna5, Oct 10-13, 2017
Everything . . .
Ordering . . .
For QSR’s and Retail
The Business Case for Kiosks
• A>ract new customers…millennials
• Oﬀset increasing labor costs
• Cashless – Employees don’t handle money
• Bust Lines
• Improves throughput
• Increase up-sell - $ average order size
• Serve disabled and non-naIve language speaking customers
• Improved Customer CX
• Increase loyalty program adopIon
The Original Kiosk Wave: 1990’s -
UnIl recently, companies had limited choices
• Expensive & Custom
• All-in-one kiosk providers
• Limited customizaIon
• IntegraIon to POS diﬃcult
• Single source turn key providers
The Tablet Wave: 2010 - Present
iPad tablets changed the paradigm for kiosk
• Robust iOS dev community
• Locked down naIve app
• Easy to produce, on-brand, custom and
rich, engaging experiences
• Low cost
MicrosoT Surface Tablets
Lagging enclosure and 3rd party products
Next Wave for Kiosks
• Engaging, on-brand, high res, visually capIvaIng ,
personalized user experiences
• Easy integraIon to enterprise
• Plug-and-play integraIon with peripherals
• Eﬃcient remote support
• ADA compliance
• Low cost
• Enterprise class security
• Fascial & other low fricIon authenIcaIon
What we learned
• Test, learn, improve, repeat
• Shortened wait Imes
• Increased upsell
• Created Kiosk-in-a-box
• Low cost soluIon
• Remote Support
• Increase same locaIon throughput
• You must market them
• LocaIon, LocaIon, LocaIon
• 3 or more required
• Tie to loyalty program
• Create digital ordering eco-system
Digital Eco Systems
Create engaging digital ordering in all channels
• Mobile App
• Facebook Messenger BOT
• Alexa, Google Voice, Siri
• Integrate Delivery
• IoT integrated devices
• Seamless Martech Experience
Is this this a trend?
Domino’s – leading the way – 60% of business
comes from Digital Ordering
• $5.6 Billion / 2016
Panera now does 26% of sales via digital
• 1.2 Million Orders Q1/17
McDonalds to deploy kiosks to all U.S. locaIons
• Stock rose, increased 2018 growth to 3%
• “Begng the Farm on Digital and Delivery”
Starbucks reported 1/3 of sales in Q1/2017 came
from digital – nearly $1.75 B
Shake Shack’s Danny Meyer announces the
opening of Kiosk only QSR in NY
Amazon just launched pilot - cashier-less
convenience store Ied to cameras and App.
Among the Top Digital Experience
• Founded in 2005 by Eric Stoll & Chris Spears
• Deep Martech Relationships / Sitecore Partner since 2006 (PlaInum Partner since 2015)
• Marketing Technologists & Experience Designers / 85 full Ime employees, plus a bench of dedicated
North American and oﬀshore Sitecore cerIﬁed contractors (with “known” skillsets)
• A Loyal Partner / Over 300+ projects delivered with a 94% retenIon rate
• We are Innovators
July 2017, Forrester names Arke one of the
“most important” digital experience
service providers in the industry
Please give a warm Atlanta
welcome to John Costello!
Build a Great Team and Culture
Great people accomplish great things
Leverage Big Data and A.I. – for beJer decisions
Innovate - Don’t be afraid to take risks
Be Agile or Be LeM Behind - Consumer engagement is changing
faster than ever
Customer Experience - is the new baJleﬁeld
Confront Reality - Diﬀeren5ate or die
BoJom-Line Branding TM