Philippe Coval / Oscar Roberto Bastos
Copyleft: CC BY-SA 4.0+
2016-04-28 #CampOSV Rennes France
Let's start making
a Libre Connected Car !
FLOSS + OSHW : R&D cooperation
● Why FLOSS ?
– Cooperation, innovation, community
● Why OSHW ?
– Customization, replication
– Need accessible tools too
● Don't reinvent the wheel
Software stack for Automotive
● Industry matters for hardware support
– and integration of bleeding edge technology
● Some current automotive projects :
– Tizen:IVI : profile for cars
● Tizen ecosystem : TV, watches, mobile...
– GENIVI : GDP based on Yocto and provides Qt
– Automotive Grade Linux : also Yocto based
Automotive Core Tech
● CanBus/ODB2: On-board diagnostics
– Standard / Protocol and I/O
● Prototyping a Solution
– for GNU/Linux
● Identification OSV :
● IoTivity a FLOSS IoT Framework
– of OCF Standard (Industry support)
– Uses IP multicast, CoAP, WiFi, BT, BLE
– Provides many services :
● connectivity, discovery, security...
– Supports Linux, Tizen, Android and MCUs
● Connect to OSV's motor controller
– using CanOpen : Retrieve data in real time
● Embed hardware on vehicle
– A computer (12V regulator)
– Sensors, Radio (GPS, 3G, LPWan. LoRa etc)
● Extends software platform
– and connect new elements with IoTivity + LoRa Fabian
● Develop a map app