CAN’T FOLD IN A SACHET
NEED A BOOK
New Records as on Mar 2010
1. Highest Run scorer in the Test Cricket
2. First Cricketer to pass 12000 run in the Test
The only Indian to have played for over 20 years --between December 18, 1989
and February 24, 2010 -- 20 years & 68 days.
Holds a world record for the highest run-aggregate — 17598 at an average of
45.12. Holds a world record for most hundreds (46).
Only one to register four hundreds against South Africa .
Only one to register nine hundreds against Australia .
Only one to post eight hundreds against Sri Lanka .
His aggregate of 2965 (ave.45.61) in 78 ODIs is a record by any batsman against
Sri Lanka .
Only player to aggregate 3,000 runs against Australia - 3005 (ave.46.23) in 67arisedreams
HIGHEST ODI SCORES
Sachin Tendulkar (India)
200 n.o. vs SA Charles
Coventry (Zimbabwe) 194
vs B'desh Saeed Anwar
(Pakistan) 194 vs India
Vivian Richards (WI) 189
n.o. vs Eng Sanath
Jayasuriya (SL) 189 vs India
Highest run-getter in ODIs, with 17,598 runs from 442 matches. Jayasuriya (13,428) and
Ponting (12,731) follow
Most centuries in ODIs (46), followed by Ricky Ponting (29) and Sanath Jayasuriya (28)
Since Feb 24, 2009 has scored 1,158 runs in 20 ODIs, with 4 tons, averaging 72.37. In the
preceding 12 months, had scored 352 runs from 9 ODIs at an average of 44
His double century is the first in 39 years of ODIs, including 60-overs-a-side matches
Highest scorer in Tests, with 13,447 runs from 166 matches. Next best Lara (retired with
11,953) and Ponting (playing with 11,859)
Most Test centuries (47), well ahead of Ponting (39) and Kallis (34) among active
players, and retd Lara and Gavaskar (34 each)
In 2010, has already scored 477 runs averaging 95.40. Only Hashim Amla (674) has
scored more Test runs this year
In his last 10 Tests, has scored 1,018 runs at an average of 78.3 and is the only one with 6
tons in the last 12 months. In the previous 10 Tests, he had 647 runs and averaged justarisedreams
1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 46
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI's
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI's
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 17000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup
(1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523
runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an
average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup
673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest
by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup
Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI's 91
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI's 436
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC
ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100's in test's 38
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass
11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian
to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive
the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India 's highest
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1
and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second
greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run
partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with
friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century
in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy
and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became
the first overseas born player to represent
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi
Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by
Indian government. He is the only Indian
cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a
calendar year in ODI's 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in
calendar year in ODI's most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the
29. He has the least percentage of the man of
the matches awards won when team looses a
match.. Out of his 56 man of the match awards
only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match
awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was
voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country
in the sport personalities category in the Best of
India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named
Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named "Sports
person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by
The Times of India has nominated him as the Face
of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and
Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to
score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to
score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket,
(ODIs+Tests+ Twenty20s) , as of 30 June 2007 he
had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test
cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold
the world record for the maximum number of runs
scored by the opening partnership. They have put
together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair
with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world
record for the highest partnership in ODI matches
when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run
partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares
with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs
(41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and
15,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen
(186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest
score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs
against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs
taking 259 innings and has the highest batting
average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second
youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990,
he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he
turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ
in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket
by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test
playing nations. He was the hird batman to achieve
the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or
more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001
(1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the
only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's
(5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test
cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the
third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara..
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve
Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have
appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for
India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances) .
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar's 25,016 runs in international cricket include 17,598
runs in ODI's, 13,447 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20
that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in
Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka . He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's
record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of
hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than
15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than
11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket
Some Noteworthy comments by Celebrities
"Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar
- Hashim Amla, the South African batsman, reassures himself as he boards a flight.
"Sometimes you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and
Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job."
- Yaseer Hameed in pakistani newspaper.
"To Sachin, the man we all want to be"
- Andrew Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin.
“Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is
something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that
allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are
gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to
bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives."
- BBC on Sachin
"Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?"
- Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq when the latter
dropped Sachin's catch in 2003 WC.
Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.
- Brian Charles Lara
"We did not lose to a team called India ...we lost to a
man called Sachin." - Mark Taylor, during the test
match in Chennai (1997)
"The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to
which is his best knock."
- M. L. Jaisimha
"The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with
which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his
innate humility - all make for a one-in-a-billion individual,"
- Glen McGrath
"I can be hundred per cent sure that Sachin will not play for a
minute longer when he is not enjoying himself. He is still so eager to
go out there and play. He will play as long as he feels he can play," -
Question: Who do you think as most important celebrity ?
Shah Rukh Khan: There was a big party where stars from bollywood
and cricket were invited. Suddenly, there was a big noise, all wanted
to see approaching Amitabh Bachhan. Then Sachin entered the hall
and Amitabh was leading the queue to get a grab of the GENIUS!!
- Shah Rukh Khan in an interview.
“ India me aap PrimeMinister ko ek Baar Katghare me khada kar sakte
hain..Par Sachin Tendulkar par Ungli nahi utha Sakte.. “
- Navjot Singh Sidhu on TV
He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also.
- Waqar Younis
Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who
has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all
over the world. I was bowling to Sachin and he hit me for two fours in a
row. One from point and the other in between point and gully. That was the
last two balls of the over and the over after that we (SA) took a wicket and
during the group meeting i told Jonty (Rhodes) to be alert and i know a
way to pin Sachin. And i delivered the first ball of my next over and it was a
fuller length delevery outside offstump. And i shouted catch. To my
astonishment the ball was hit to the cover boundary. Such was the
brilliance of Sachin. His reflex time is the best I have ever seen. Its like
1/20th of a sec. To get his wicket better not prepare. Atleast u wont regret if
he hits you for boundaries.
- Allan Donald
On a train from Shimla to Delhi , there was a halt in one of the stations. The
train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century,
batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train
waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in
- Peter Rebouck - Aussie journalist
"Sachin cannot cheat. He is to cricket what (Mahatma) Gandhiji was to
politics. It's clear discrimination".
NKP Salve, former Union Minister when Sachin was accused of ball
There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all
- Andy Flower
"I have seen GOD, he bats at No.4 for India "
- Mathew Hayden
"Commit all your sins when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed coz
even the GOD is watching"
- A hoarding in England