● A program that performs tasks, such as translating and interpreting, required for processing a specified programming language. www.eshikshak.co.in
www.eshikshak.co.in● Provides facility to write, store and manage code.● Provides other tools for programming like compiler, debugger, linker etc.
www.eshikshak.co.in● Checks the code line by line to find syntax errors.● If code is error free translate program into machine language (object code).● Object code is machine dependent.
● Interpret one instruction at a time. ● It checks, translate and execute the instruction. ● Does not produce object code. Input OutputHigh level Result oflanguage Interpreter programprogram execution www.eshikshak.co.in
● Translates the assembly language program into machine code.● It – ○ Reserves space for data ○ Replaces he mnemonic codes by machine code ○ Replaces symbolic addresses by numeric addresses ○ Determines machine representation of constants Input Output Assembly Machine language Assembler language program program www.eshikshak.co.in
● Resolves the relative location of instructions and data● Links libraries with the object and put them together as executable. www.eshikshak.co.in
● Inbuilt component of OS.● Loads program into main memory and prepare them for execution. www.eshikshak.co.in
● Used to find logical errors● Allows you to stop program at any step of execution, check and change the values of different variables. www.eshikshak.co.in
● The repeated code (for e.g., UDF) of program is controlled by macro processor.● It referred each repeated set of code by a name, and replace set of code when that name occurs in a program. www.eshikshak.co.in