Making Sense Out of
Engage people through all ﬁve senses.
Come to Your Senses and Build Your Brand
• The role of the ﬁve senses in building brands and
• The twelve connection points of branding.
• The synergistic effect of multi-sensory media.
• Creating value and relevancy with multi-sensory
• Interesting, Ah-Ha Moments!
Paul A. Kiewiet MAS CIP
Speaker, Coach, Consultant
Touches and Textures
The Physical Product was
the key differentiator
The 60’s and 70’s
Products perceived as
different because of emotional
I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company
It's the real thing, Coke is what the world wants today.
The Organization behind the brand becomes the brand.
The Brand Selling Proposition -BSP
The “ME” Selling
Holistic Selling Proposition
Senses link to
memory and tap
Senses link to memory and tap physical
Smell is connected to memory
The one sense you can’t turn off