Requirements & Processes
Overview of the minimal information requirements for
supporting applications and outline the mandatory
processes and checkpoints in the Production
High Level Information Requirements
Application Project Team Processes
and supporting Documentation
● High Level Overview of the application architecture.
● Supporting documents.
● System Level Agreements between Source and Target systems.
● Batch job dependency and business impacts.
● Report names, business descriptions and user community.
● Physical server lists and software configurations.
● SDLC environments (Dev, QA, UAT, Prod) etc.
● Productivity tools (Merant , Documentum etc. )
● Documentation supporting Outstanding Change Requests
● Defects and business criteria acceptance.
● Access to the respective repositories.
● Understanding of SDLC followed by the project team
Post production RASCI*
(Responsible, Accountable, Support,
Consult, Informed) chart.
* If developed. Or AST can define it
as a projectized effort.
Identifying all stakeholders including
● Business owner ● QA teams ● Data Modeling team
● Development team ● 24X7 support team ● SCRM teams
● Vendor client support ● IT Application owner/liaison
Availability of Post Production
Documentation (if none available – a
“project plan” has to be setup to
define and formalize the set of
Post-production Documents include
● Service Level Agreement (business –IT)
● Agent Notes – for Service Management
● Runbook –for all IT support teams.
Application Support Process
SLA Review and Sign off
Run Book (Operations Manual) Reviewed and Signed off
Agent Notes Reviewed and Signed Off
RASCI document Reviewed and Signed off
Application Knowledge Transfer
Identify DEV/QA/UAT/Prod environments and User Access Points
SMS Capabilities in place ( Product Catalogue, Requests etc.)
All requests have to be communicated via SMS system OR as a Project Request via Demand Management
Defects Addressed on Priorities and resource utilization.
Change Requests addressed on assessment , prioritization and resource utilization.
Release Management Process in place. (DEV, QA, UAT , SCRM and PROD)
Business – IT communication processes defined , agreed upon and in place. Example: Validation of CRs,
defects, status communication periodicity etc.