MUHAMMAD ZUBAIR FAROOQ
H # 305, E-Block, St #6, Gulberg III, Lahore, Pakistan
+92-0321-477 840 7
Looking for a position in a dynamic organization not only for the purpose of career
advancement but also as a challenge to my knowledge and abilities to gain skills
and expand comprehensions in profession.
Jan 2006-Present Relationship Officer
SME Bank Ltd, Ravi Branch Lahore
Responsible for extending fund based and non-fund based financing facilities to
SME clients. Specifically I am responsible for the following tasks;
• Develop & maintain relationships with existing and potential SME clients. Identifying
& pursuing new business as well as ensuring a positive goodwill of SME Bank Ltd in
the financial service market.
• Screening & verifying the collateral & business of the client. Analyzing the financial
need of the business by extracting relevant information by the borrower.
• Preparing credit proposal in line with the Bank’s policy and based upon Cash Flow
technique of Central Bank for presenting it in Area Credit Committee (ACC) as a
member of ACC.
• Ensuring proper preparation and execution of loan documents by coordinating with
Credit Administration Department as well as assist the borrower to provide the
relevant documents timely to the Bank.
• Timely reviewing the loan projects for necessary processing, this involves review of
internal rate, collateral value and its expiry.
• Keeping regular track of the client performance against deliverables. It involves
regular & timely preparation of monitoring reports and taking stock/machinery report
from the borrower.
• Maintaining detail of non-fund based facilities extended to clients and ensuring its
reporting in the software according to terms & conditions.
Credit Administration Department
• Providing information of Credit meetings along with the regular reports on Credit
exposure, over dues for perusal of management & recovery as well as preparing eCIB
for Central bank reporting.
• Ably manage compilation of standard loan documentation, as per approved security.
• Ensuring all security documents are held in safe custody and a checklist is maintained
in credit files and making disbursement to clients after properly execution of collateral.
• Reviewing approval from concerned authority for permanent release of collaterals,
security documentation and ensuring there are no liabilities or out standings and
facilities are cancelled.
• Pursuing the litigation cases and keeping record of such cases. Taking appropriate
measures for their recovery.
• Regularly generating reports pertaining to deposits, cost of deposits & its classification
as well as reconciliation & fund position of the branch. Further I also fill customers
account opening form and KYC form.
Assisting the compliance personnel in getting the required information.
• Ensuring to rectify the pointed objections & also ensuring compliance of internal bank
policies & Central Bank’s circulars issued time to time along with rectifying
discrepancies/deficiencies in credit files and documents.
• Executing start of day & end of day of the branch by enabling users to use PIBAS
software for operations proceeding.
• Taking backup data on DLT is also included in my tasks.
Dec 2005-Jan 2006 Loan Officer-Trainee
I worked under the guidance of an American Consultant for a project about
Mortgage Base Lending. Focused on Mortgage base lending techniques, procedures
in USA and evaluation of borrower’s characteristics.
CFA Institute-United States of America
Participated in CFA-Level-1 Exam June 2010
Master of Business Administration - 2005 with major in Finance
G. C. University, Lahore
Bachelor of Science – 2003: (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics)
G. C. University, Lahore
Jan 23, 2006- Jan 27, 2006 Bankakademie International, Germany
Bankakademie International, a German Consultancy firm inducted me in SME Bank
Ltd service and provided one week intensive class room training at State Bank of
Pakistan, Lahore on SME Lending. I served under their supervision for 06 months to
enable the SME sector to contribute in economic development.
Jan 07, 2008 SME Bank Ltd, Islamabad
Attended one day seminar about Credit Procedures at Islamabad.
Proficient in English & Urdu Language
Adept in group & individual presentation
Strong organizational & analytical approach
Planning & Management skills
Microsoft Office, word, excel, outlook, Power Point, Access