TOPIC: AVAILIBILITY OF MILK AND ITS PRODUCTS ATVARIOUS PARLORS AFTER 5 PM TO 10 PM PRESENTED BY: KEYUR PATEL
HISTORY OF THE BARODA DAIRY Established in 24th December 1957 Started to provide good remunerative Price to the farmers for their milk and to supply good quality of milk to the people of Baroda city. The union get guidance from neighboring milk union “AMUL” founded by chairmen T.K. PATEL and then general manager Dr. V. KURIEN who support and guide the Baroda Milk Union under the leadership of MAGANBHAI PATEL (Deputy Minister in the Baroda dairy ). In stepping stone time due to absence of adequate facilities for chilling and Pasteurization they are postpone the Rural Milk Collection. And brought Pasteurized hygienic Milk from Amul Milk Union for distribution to the customers of the Baroda City. In 24th August 1962 Plant was arranged down by T.K. PATEL( dean of the Co-operative dairy movement in Gujarat. In 1963, 21 Milk distribution centers were started for the Baroda city. In 1964-65 union started its Milk acquirement from 120 Milk Co-operative Societies. The dairy plant specially made on 25th April 1665 was install technological plantby Morarji desai, the finance minister and government of India under the milk distribution system pasteurized milk in the bottles which was set by UNICEF in collaboration with CARE to supply to reconstitutes Milk ,
INTRODUCTION OF B.D. Full Name of BARODA DAIRY:- “BARODA DISTRICT CO-OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCERS’ UNION LTD.” BARODA DAIRY is engaged in the Production of the MILK, FLAVORED MILK, BUTTER AND GHEE, BUTTER MILK, RAJWADI KADHI. BARODA DAIRY also produces a wide variety of ICE-CREAM, SHRIKHAND, MANY SWEETS through SUGAM UNIT Subsidiary of BARODA DAIRY. The plant of the dairy is fully equipped with latest Technology and modern Facilities. Baroda dairy always work for the welfare of the Society. OBJECTIVE The main objective is to reduce the Milk produced by the Private Milk venders and to give proper Remuneration to them and so supply GOOD and QUALITY milk to the People of Baroda city.
ABOUT BARODA DAIRY BASIC INFORMATION:- *Year of Establishment* => 24th December 1957 *Registered Office NO* => Regd. No. D 4157 *TOTAL UNIT:- > Baroda dairy => Baroda > Sugam Unit => Baroda > Cattle Feed Factory => Itola > Milk Chilling Center => Bo deli > Veterinary Sub Unit => Savli > Veterinary Sub Unit => Dab hoi *Man power* => 1277Permanent Employee *Size of unit* => Large Scale Industry. BANKERS OF BARODA DAIRY:- The Baroda Central Co-operative Bank Ltd, The UCO Bank (Baroda), Bank of Baroda(Baroda), Punjab and Singh Bank (Baroda), Bank of India, Central bank of India(Baroda).
=>Baroda dairy is a Popular co-operative organization of farmers of Barodadistrict, Providing Good QUALITY MILK to the people of the Baroda since Last 55 years.=>Baroda dairy is a one of the leading dairies in INDIA having turnover of 4000 Million andhave approximate 1220 members milk co-operative societies and approximate 800 retailersfor the sales of the MILK and Its Products, and approximate 1277 dedicated Employee.=>And others are help farmers of the district to Grow and improve Life style of the RURALPeople.
GROWTH CURRENT EXPANTION It has started manufacturing mineral water. Water from river Narmada will be used for manufacturing mineral water which will be marketed in bottles and pouches. The project Name is “NARMANDA NEER” FUTURE EXPANTION B.D. run by B.D.C.M.U. is all set venture into manufacturing of TOMATO KETCHUP”. The dairy has decided to take up a green field project for setting up a tomato ketchup manufacturing facility in central Gujarat. This plant will come up in the Bodeli Area around Rs. 7-8 crores would be required to set up the new Unit for which the dairy has already acquired land. “ Bodeli is an ideal location for Plant as its surrounding area such a Chhota Udaipur, Pavijetpur and Sankheda grow Tomatoes on a Large Scale. Their present Plant Capacity is worth 400000 liters and they want to increase Capacity by 100000 liters (total 500000 liters) They also plan to increase its Chilling Capacity. They also plan to increase Cold storage in the dairy.
ACHIEVEMENT ACHIEVEMENT OF HOLDING ISO 22000 HACCP 20051 CERTIFICATE NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY AWARD FOR THE BEST PRODUCTIVITY. JAMNALAL BAJA AWARD IN 1994-95. AWARD FOR GOOD HOUSE KEEPING AT STATE LEVEL. BARODA WAS SECOND ACHIEVING THE AWARD IN HORTICULTURE. RECEIVING INTERNATIONAL REORGANIZATION ISO 14001 CERTIFICATE FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF NATURAL ENVIRONMENT. RECEIVED SECOND PRIZE FOR MINIMUM ACCIDENTS AMONG DRY PHARMACEUTICALS FOODS AND DAIRY INDUSTRY.
VISION AND MISSION IT IS NOT ONLY PROFIT MAKING UNIT BUT TO SERVE BETTER TO THE SOCIETY. MAIN MISSION OF THE BARODA DAIRY IS TO ASSURE AND SAFEGUARD INTEREST OF THE NOMINAL CONSUMER OF THE MILK IN THE CITY AREA AND SUPPLIER OF THE RURAL AREAS AND FOR THIS THE BARODA DAIRY DEALS ACCORDING TO PROVIDE “ BEST QUALITY” PRODUCTS AT “REASONABLE PRICE”.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF BARODA DAIRY ASSISTANT PRODUCTION SUPERINTEND MANAGER MANAGER ENT OFFICER (DAIRY PLANT) ASSISTENT PERSONNEL SUPERINTEND MANAGER MANAGER ENT OFFICER (P&A) Board of MANAGING directors DIRECTOR MARKETING ASSISTENT SUPERINTEND MANAGER MANAGER (MARKETING) ENT OFFICER ASSISTENT FINANCE SUPERINTEND MANAGER MANAGER ENT OFFICER (FINANCE)
INDUSTRY PROFILE COMPETITORS: SARDAR, VIMAL, UMIYA, ELLORA, BUMIYA, AMUL, JAGDISH, VADILAL, HAVMORE, RAJASTHANI. MARKET SHARE: IN BARODA CITY BARODA DAIRY HAS 80% MARKET SHARE. IT IS MARKET LEADER. IT IS DUE TO THE QUALITY AND VARIETY OF MILK PRODUCTS WHICH ARE SOLD AT REASONABLE PRICE.
SOMETHING ABOUT BARODA DAIRY PRODUCT PLANNING:- A market division set up a team which surveys and researches into the need of the Customers. When they want to launches new Product they research the view of People and after launching the Product they carry out the research about response of the People towards the Product. TARGET MARKET:- The whole Baroda District is the target market of Baroda dairy. ADVERTISING:- Different Media:- (News Paper(local), Radio, Road side Hoardings, advertisement on television. SALES PROMOTION:- As it enjoys the position of Market Leader and it has satisfactory sells, so there is no major need of sales promotion but when they launch new products in market it is sold at introductory Price. i.e. Price less than normal Price. they does not give Promotional scheme in its entire Product but it gives Promotion in Chhas, where on buying of 60 Packs of masala Chhas 10 Packs free. These is due to Product in the introduction stage. dairy also gives cash discount in entire Product usually in the time of Festival Days.
COMMISSION ON DIFFERENT PRODUCTS TO THE RETAILORS AND PARLOR PEOPLE 30 Paisa commission as road side commission of Milk/liter. 42 Paisa is to full time as their electricity is consumed for the whole day/ liter. 20 Paisa commission on flavored Milk/ 200 ml. 50 paisa commission on jeera chhas/ 100 ml.
MARKET SEGMENT There is a market segmentation is done in several ways for various Products. For the Plain milk there is no segmentation and it is marketed & sold all over Baroda. Where as for the Flavored milk & other Products there is Geographical and Demographical Segmentation. Now, in Geographical segmentation the flavored milk is distributed from “ Milk Bar” located at famous and crowded areas of the Baroda like syaji bag, railway station etc…3 In Demographic Segmentation means dividing the customer according to the age, sex, family, occupation etc….
CHANNEL OF DISTRIBUTION One level distribution system is managed at Baroda dairy for all the Products except Ghee. One level system is maintained where there is only a retailer between the Manufactured and the Final Consumer Like, MANUFACTURER RETAILER CONSUMER The durability of milk is only for 72 hours so the distribution has to be such that Milk is delivered to the final consumer before it gets Spoiled. Hence, there is only one mediator between the manufacturer & the final consumer. PRICING POLICY: dairy is not looking for profit maximization the price is reasonable and Price is decided by NDDB (National Dairy Development Board)
MEMBER UNION Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) is a co-operative society, which has 12 Member Union spread all over Gujarat. AMUL DAIRY(ANAND), DUDHSAGAR(MAHESANA), SABAR DAIRY(HIMMAT NAGAR), BANAS DAIRY(PALANPUR), BARODA DAIRY, SUMUL DAIRY (SURAT), UTHAM DAIRY(AHMEDA BAD), PANCHAMRUT DAIRY (GODHRA), GOPAL DAIRY (RAJKOT), DUDHDHARA DAIRY(BHARUCH), VASUNDHRA DAIRY(VALSAD), GHANDHINAGAR DAIRYHEAD OFFICE: Amul Dairy
TOPIC:- (AVAILIBILITY OF MILK AND ITS PRODUCTS AT VARIOUS PARLOR AFTER 5 P.M. TO 10 P.M.)Marketing manager want to know the demand as well as the availability of themilk and its all Baroda dairy’s parlors in the evening so that they gave me thattopic.And also it is Good Opportunity for me as my Specialization is going to choosein marketing it help me to solve the Problems and give them various findings ofthe Problems.
IMPORTANCE OF THE STUDYFor the organization: To know the Satisfaction level of parlors people about the Availability of Baroda Dairy’s milk. To formulate future marketing strategies in a region to increase the profit. To know the purchase pattern of milk by parlors and finding the problem related to stock. Provides honest data for business decision. Helps the organization to take managerial decisions. Helps the organization to retain the customers in the market. Provides information on the consumer’s understanding, needs, opinions, complaint etc. Company can plan new product and strategies to overcome competitor’s action. Company can reach its goals through its vision and mission. To know the competitive level in the market. To know which problems are faced by consumers and to make an attempt to eliminate or reduce them They can know the availability of the stock of the products. Can manage the delivery channel smoothly. Can overcome the problems of the parlors.
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY Research Design For this particular research descriptive research design has been used. Descriptive research design is used to know about the market characteristics, marker share. Sources of data: Primary Data I had use questionnaire as a tool in my marketing research. I started my project very first improving the respondents i.e. parlors people about my entire project and ask them to co-operate with me. Mostly all the respondent were aware of this type of surveys. Here, respondents are parlors authorizers. SECONDARY DATA Secondary data I got through following sources. ● Past Reports ● Data through internet source ● Annual Reports of the Dairy Data collection method Personal survey has been used to collect the data through structured questionnaire. Data was collected from 14th July to 29th July at various parlors in Baroda city. Population The population consists of the parlors of Baroda city. Population Size: 88 parlors respondents of from Baroda city
DATA ANALYSIS AND INTER PRETATION1) STOCK OF THE MILK AND ITS PRODUCTS DEMANDED BY PARLORS EVERYDAY The below chart shows that the parlors are stock the products i.e. MILK, BUTTER MILK, FLAVORED MILK, GHEE ETC…. Every day under the different demand of people in Baroda city. Out of the 88 parlors 80% parlors are stock all the products which are mentioned while in some area 8% parlors only stock milk same as 7% butter milk, 3% flavored milk and 2% ghee. Above chart shows the stock done by the parlors every day. No.of Responents butter milk MILK 7% flavoured milk 8% 3% ghee 2% All 80%
2) THE REACHING TIME OF BARODA DAIRY’s PRODUCTS AT VARIOUS PARLORS. The below chart shows the delivery timing of milk and its products at various parlors. Chart shows the PERCENTAGE of reaching time of the reaching the PRODUCTS which are as follows: Before 7 A.M. 10% Between 7 A.M. to 8 A.M. 85% After 8 A.M. 5% Sales After 8 A.M. 5% Before 7 a.m. 10% Between 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. 85%
3) THE STOCK OF CARAT OF THE MILK DONE BY PARLORS EVERY DAY Below table show that the daily demand of the Milk carat by the parlors in Baroda city. Following are the demand of the milk carat in Percentage:- Less than 15 Carat 10 % 15 Carat to 30 Carat 70 % More than 30 Carat 20 % % of the Parlors 80% 70% % of the parlors 60% 50% 40% 30% % of the Parlors 20% 10% 0% < 15 carat 15 carat to 30 carat > 30 carat No of Carat
4) THE SELLING OF MILK IN MORNING AND IN BETWEEN AFTERNOON AND EVENING below table shows the selling of the Milk for whole day The carats of milk are demand by the parlors according to the demand so that overstock and under stock possibility doesn‟t occur. The selling of carat of milk are shows by percentage as under: In Morning Selling 70% Between Afternoon to Evening 30% %of selling carat of milk in the day % OF SELLING CARAT OF MILK 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% In Morning From Afternoon to Evening TIME OF SELLING MILK
5) SECOND DELIVERY TIME At all parlors of Baroda district delivery done between 1.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. 6) STOCK AVAILIBILITY AFTER 5 P.M. In all the parlors the availability of Milk and its Products after 5:00 P.M. is not affected and there is always stock available because of 2 time delivery done by the Baroda dairy in a day. Shows stock availibility after 5 P.M 100 90 80 70 % of milk 60 50 40 30 20 10 0 Milk Butter milk Flavored milk Ghee Products
7) WHICH PRODUCTS CUSTOMERS DEMAND MOST AFTER 5:00 P.M. The below chart shows the demand of the Products after 5 p.m. at all parlors and which products that customers demand more after 5 p.m. Following are the demand percentage of Milk and its Products after 5:00 P.M. : Milk 50% Butter Milk 35% Flavored Milk 10% Ghee 5% Flavored Ghee, 5% milk, 10% Milk, 50% Butter milk, 35%
8) THE QUARTER IN WHICH THE DEMAND OF MILK AND ITS PRODUCTS IS MORE: The below chart shows the demand level of the People by the different quarter (including 3 month as each quarter). Demand according to the quarter months are as Follows: January to March 15% April to June 20% July to September 40% October to December 25% October to January to December, 25% March, 15% April to June, 20% July to September, 40%
9) THE DEMAND OF MILK AND ITS PRODUCTS OF PARLORS PEOPLE AFTER 5:00 P.M. The below chart shows the stock that parlors people want to keep after 5 p.m. at all parlors and which products that customers demand more after 5 p.m. Following are the demand percentage of Milk and its Products after 5:00 P.M. : Milk 50% Butter Milk 35% Flavored Milk 10% Ghee 5% Parlors people demand of Products 50% 40% % of demand 30% 20% 10% 0% Milk Butter milk Flavored milk Ghee Products
10) DO YOU GET QUANTITY OF B.D.’S PRODUCTS CONVENIENTLY? Out of 88 parlors 87% get the Baroda dairy‟s milk and its products Easily and 13% does not get the Baroda dairy‟s milk and its products easily. Getting Products Easly No Yes
11) CLOSING TIME OF PARLORS below chart shows that the closing time of the different parlors by the percentage The closing time is not fixed; as the MILK and its Products are Perishable goods there stock cannot be kept more than 48 hours. The basic time of the parlor„s closing is 10 p.m. So the parlors closing time depend upon the availability of the stock if stock is available at 10 they are open their parlor until the stock is completed. Before 10 p.m., 13% After 10 p.m., 45% At 10 p.m., 42%
12) IS STOCK OF MILK AND ITS PRODUCTS AVAILABLE AFTER 10:00 P.M.? Out of the all 88 parlors most of the parlors have no stock available after 10 p.m. because they always get stock according to the demand so that over stock and under stock possibility does not occur. Here most parlors are completed their stock before 10 p.m. and some have stock available in a small quantity. Stock availibility after 10 P.M. 100% 90% 80% 70%% OF AVAILIBILITY 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% MILK Butter milk flavored milk ghee PRODUCTS
13) SATISFACTION LEVEL OF THE PARLORS PEOPLE Out of the total 88 parlors 70% are satisfied with the service, quality and delivery level of the Baroda dairy and 30 % are not satisfied with the service of the Baroda dairy. SATISFACTION LEVEL OF PARLORS PEOPLE NO % YES %
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY: Most of parlors people are not interested to give proper answer related to study. People are not given accurate answer which affects the solution of the study. The population is very much so the study of whole population is not possible so some of the population is assumed. Most of the people of parlor have no time to attempt the question so that gave unrealistic answer. I had questionnaires as the primary mean to collect data and some time it was a hard task to handle with rude type of parlors people because they were not ready to disclose some of the questions ask in questioners.
RESULT AND FINDINGSAfter the completion of this research survey I found some problems which are helpful to make some necessary decision which are beneficial for the dairy. Out of the 88 Parlors, all 88 keep a stock of milk and its products. We get the perfect problems of all the Parlors related to increase better service I found that most of the parlor people are not satisfied with the service of delivery van‟s people. During survey I also found that most people are not satisfied with their less commission. Because of lots of complain of the customers related to spoil of milk parlor people demand for the fresh stock of the milk and its Products. Most of parlor people want three time delivery of the milk and its products which was earlier done. Parlor people are very unsatisfied with the leakages of the products. They do not get any kind of refund of those leakages Products. Parlors people are somewhat satisfied with the quality of dairy product. But nearby 10% complain of bad quality of milk of Baroda dairy. Many retailers are available so parlors people face most problem and overstock situation is arising.
SUGGESTIONS They should increase the delivery service so that those who get late delivery and loss their customers can satisfy the demand of the Customers. They can increase the commission of the authorized dealer so that they have faith toward the Dairy. They should improve their delivery system so leak aging can be minimized. They should start 3 time delivery so that people get good stock and there should not the chance of the under stocking. The delivery people should be help full to the parlor people they should not be rude to them. As per the survey people are very angry for not taking any steps on that kind of reports so those who are going for survey they be rude and use abuse to them so kindly take corrective action towards the Problem of parlor‟s people so faith and good results that get by the survey. Baroda Dairy should know which Brand of milk has more demand and as per demand required should be supplied. Price should be deciding in a round figure so that changes problem can not arise.
PRACTICAL LEARNING THAT I GET WHILE DOING THE PROJECT It is great experience for me to do a research on the Topic towards Baroda dairy. I learned how to get the problem s and how to solve them? I also learn how to deal with the customers . I learned how to tackle the higher authority when they are busy. I made my questionery with the help of the manager so that I future what is the possibilities arise towards the my problem I can able to understand the Problem . I found that marketer‟s job is so hard so to be successful in this field , field work is more important and then knowledge. It is great experience for me to communicate with the abuse customer and know how to understand them. During my survey I learned that rather than trust on the data we should personally go in the field so that we get the perfect knowledge about the products and else.