Hitesh C. Parmar
Topic :- Types of Journalism
Paper Name :- Mass Media and Communication
Paper No. :- 14
P.G. Enrollment No. :- PG13101024
Semester :- 04
Year :- 2014 – 2015
Date :- 12/03/2015
Smt. S.B. Gardi Department of English,
Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar.
• Journalism is concerned it is a form of writing
that tells people about things that really
happened, but that they might not have been
known about already.
• Advocacy journalism deals with writing to
advocate particular viewpoints or influence
the opinions of the audience.
• It also describes the use of journalism
techniques to promote a specific political or
• journalism which is the field of news and
journals which are broadcast or in other words
we can say that it is published by electrical
methods, instead of the older methods such
as printed newspapers and posters
• e.g. Radio and Television.
• Journalism that tries to discover information
of public interest that someone is trying to
• It also includes serious crimes, political
corruption or corporate wrongdoing.
• Tabloid journalism is a newspaper of small
format giving the news is condensed form,
usually with illustrated often sensational
• It puts more stress on crime stories, astrology,
gossip columns about the personal lives of
celebrities and sports stars and junk food
• Yellow journalism is also known as
sensationalism and it is writing which
emphasizes exaggerated claims or rumors.
• Yellow journalism which highlights little or no
legitimate well-researched news and instead
uses eye-catching headlines to sell more
• Journalism as one part of mass communication
and media studies. Journalism is the practice of
investigation and reporting of events, issues and
trends to a broad audience in a timely fashion.
• Journalism also covers cultural aspects of society
such as arts and entertainment. The field includes
editing, photojournalism and documentary.