As a marketer, you’re busy. We get it. You have a lot of priorities to juggle:
• How many leads are you bringing in?
• Which channels are providing the most leads?
• Is your budget running low?
• How are leads converting down the funnel?
• How can you get the most accurate measure of ROI?
At every turn, you need data—and lots of it. But in the past decade alone, marketers’ trouble with data has gone through a dramatic shift: instead of being too difficult to obtain, data is now too difficult to maintain.
In fact, IBM reports that 71% of CMOs feel unprepared to handle today’s “data explosion,” saying that “most CMOs are struggling in one vital respect—providing the numbers that demonstrate a return on investment (ROI) for marketing.”
This survey report reveals marketers’ troubles and successes with data, and it reveals important trends that are defining the data-driven marketer.