• Learning Management System(LMS) is system that is used for
managing curriculum, training materials and evaluation tools
• Not only restricted to schools
• Allows for development of electronic coursework
• Main users were students
• Evolving to business workers
• Medical practitioners
• Marketing and advertising agencies
• Rosters: A digital roll call sheet for tracking attendance and for sending invitations to class participants.
• Registration Control: The ability to monitor and customize the registration processes of elearning curriculum.
• Document Management: Upload and management of documents containing curricular content.
• Multiple device access: Delivery of course content over web-based interfaces such as desktops, phones or
• Distributed instructor and student base: Remote participation by the instructor or pupil allows courseware to
feature multiple teachers or experts from across the globe.
• Course calendars: Creation and publication of course schedules, deadlines and tests.
• Student Engagement: Interaction between and among students, such as instant messaging, email, and
• Assessment and testing: Creation of varied knowledge retention exercises such as short quizzes and
• Grading and Scoring: Advanced tracking and charting of student performance over time.
• Source: mindflash.com
FEATURES IN CORPORATE LMS
• Automatic enrollment: Logic within an LMS which registers and reminds
employees for mandatory courses.
• Enhanced Security: Many corporate LMS solutions have single sign in,
advanced authentication and firewalls to ensure data security.
• Whitelabeling: The ability to create online training content that aligns with a
• Multi Lingual Support: In a globally distributed company, many employees or
partners need training in their native languages. A corporate LMS allows
training in multiple languages.
• Source: Mindflash
• Ranked 1st by elearningindustry.com
• Calendar to keep track
• Progress report tracking
• Peer assessment
• Convenient file system
• Ranked 2nd by elearningindustry.com
• For students, professors can give out files
• Conduct exams with time limits and various formats
• Host private groups (classrooms)
• Contains teacher profiles
• Gives companies better and more convenient training
• Useful as an additional tool for learning from school itself
• Quite often free to use its basic features
• Easily adaptable and repeated usage of materials
• More choice for the users
• Debatable lack of interaction with a teacher
• Some people prefer and excel more in a classroom environment
• More and more professional companies using LMS
• A good trend especially into a technology era
• Allows schools to extend past borders
• Virtual classrooms