HERE ARE 5 WAYS
to get back on track with sales and marketing
• Get your sales and marketing team to
develop buyer personas together…and agree
• This is essential! Define your target
audience and get to know them.
• Who is your buyer? Marketing Director?
CEO? Financial advisor?
• How does your target buyer make
CREATE A CONTENT
• Map out a content strategy.
• Develop content that helps your buyer
move from one step to the next (purchase
• Promote content on specific outlets your
target audience actually uses.
• Use language your target audience can
DEVELOP A FEATUREBENEFIT TOOL
• Analyze your product/service offering to
create a table of features, advantages, and
• This should help you pinpoint the value of
• You’re not just selling a “black dress,”
you’re selling “a perfect date.”
SOMETHING LIKE THIS
discover their true
Students will be
prepared for the
TRAIN YOUR SALES TEAM
• Practice, Practice, Practice your sales pitch.
• Different phases in the purchase cycle
• Different buyer personas
• Sales people are eager to have great content
at their disposal. Marketers: give it to them!
• Show them how to use it
• Why they need it
• What content to use
• Evaluate your efforts
• Are you targeting the right people?
• Does your content appeal to your target
audience? What writing style are you
• What outlets are working?
• Is your sales team expressing value to
GET YOUR SALES AND
MARKETING TEAM ON
We want them to look more like this…