Be the first to like this
In an effort to close a gap within the majority of IT companies, I would like to present my vision on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Transfer Processes. With an emphasis on establishing a standardized way to acquire, document and share knowledge throughout a company, I hope to stress the importance of this aspect, especially for a business analyst.
Based upon my personal experience as well as that from colleagues, I will provide an example case on:
- How knowledge management can help companies
- How a thorough knowledge transfer process enables these companies to better staff people, adapt faster to client needs and having new people contribute faster.
The first part of my presentation will elaborate on the knowledge management practice in a company and in particular:
- How to establish a knowledge sharing culture
- What platforms can be used for this knowledge sharing
- Best practices on how to acquire and share knowledge, like through active learning sessions, continuous contributions and attributing time & materials to maintain a knowledge sharing culture.
The second part of my presentation will focus more on knowledge sharing processes and in particular:
- The importance of an organized and uniform knowledge transfer process.
- An elaborate overview of an example that I am working out at my client’s side.
- Lessons learned throughout several missions concerning knowledge transfers.
- A proposition on how a standardized knowledge transfer process can be created.
I will conclude with the possible outcomes of creating a knowledge management culture applied to a few example cases.