Directions: Use these slides and notes to create your project.
A time capsule is usually a collection gathered by a city or graduating class or other group
to serve as a reminder of the year and to be opened at a later date.
• For this project, you will choose an era in history and create a digital time capsule that
represents that era.
• You will use images, multimedia components, and text to convey this information.
• Some key items to include: clothing, housing, tools, currency, newspaper, posters/signs,
if applicable prices of goods, products, packaging, and transportation. Essentially,
anything that will help your audience understand the time period.
Introduce the era
• Use this type of slide
for visual impact.
• You can use images or
• Limit your text to key
concepts and words so you
can explain them during
A special day in the era
• Include details about a
special day from the era you
• Add an image from the day.
• Include the date and, if any,
significant people involved.
• You can put text in both
• You can put images in both
• You can put text in one box
and an image in the other.
of the era
Create a visual
the era, including
Compare and contrast something
from the era
Use this for the title
• You might use a map of the area during
different time periods within the era –
was there a lot of growth? What did it
look like before and after?
• Consider comparing and contrasting the
beginning of the era to the end of the
Use this for the title
• Add an image or text here to
Famous person from the era:
• Add an image of a famous
person from the era and then
explain his/her significance.
• You could also use a slide like
this to capture an important
event during the era.
Letter from the
• What do you think the people who lived
in that era would say to you about their
lives and experiences?
• Include a message from the generation
to future generations who find the time
• Things to reflect on when writing the
• How would they like to be remembered?
• What message would they want to
• Would they give future generations any
advice? If so, what would it be?
Wrap up the trip into history and add your final thoughts, ideas, and questions.
Wrap up description Wrap up description Wrap up description
Create an outline to get ready:
Introduce the era (Use a mix of media and text)
Organize your artifacts to outline what life was like during the era you are presenting
Think about using a storyboard to outline your images and ideas
Make sure you prepare a clear and well rounded presentation of all aspects of the era (People, jobs, food, transportation, etc. What else should you include so the audience feels like they have visited your era?)