Wiley (Ft. Daniel
Merriweather): Cash in
• Camera work.
• The camera work in this music video mostly varies between
moving mid shots of office workers dancing and singing
towards the camera, to moving wide shots of the office.
• In the whole music video the camera is always moving and it is
all one shot.
• The fact that the camera is always moving shows that it is a
cheap budget production which looks like it could have been
recorded on a mobile phone, this contrasts to the biggie video
which has multiple shots with different props and in different
• There is only two main editing techniques used in this video,
everything else is one single shot.
• At the start of the video there is a cut to a wedding which only
lasts a second before the music video starts, this is then
repeated at the end of the video, this shows that it is a home
mad video as mistakes have been made in this video through
• There is then a jump cut directly to the start of the video after
the random cut to the wedding.
• You also know that it is a home made video from the start
when a man is recording himself with a camera whilst in a car
driving through London, this may have been done to set the
scene as he directs the camera up out of the car to a famous
• The first thing you notice while watching this music video is
the establishing cut at the start of the video of a man
recording himself in a car which is driving through London, you
know this because he points the camera up towards ‘the
gherkin’ which is a famous building in London
• After the establishing scene there is a jump cut to the start of
the single take video which has been recorded in a stock
• The video is made up of office workers that sing about having
money in their pockets
• It is made up of one shot where the camera moves around the
building where it ends at the front door
• The music video shows that bankers only care about money as
the lyrics are repeatedly mimed throughout the video.
• Although the video shows that they care about money at the
end of the video while all of the workers are singing and
dancing about money the stock market crashes which could
show that bankers are not trust worthy
• The video develops the conventions of the rap genre as
rappers do rap about money but this rapper has taken it a step
further by rapping about bankers and the stock market instead
of how he has made his own money.
• The video does subvert to the typical connotations of the rap
genre as it is usually about women, cars and drugs.
• Having middle aged white bankers rapping in a music video
subverts to the typical conventions of rap music.
• The video is a performance because It moves through the
building with all of the office workers dancing and miming to
the lyrics of the video.