• London Boat Show
• Chicago Boat Show
• Chicago Yacht Club
• Bayview Yacht Club (Detroit)
• Lake Lanier Sailing Club (Atlanta)
• Northwest Maritime Centre
• Miles River Yacht Club (Maryland)
• Corinthian Yacht Club (Boston)
• America’s Cup Hall of Fame (Bristol, RI)
• California Yacht Club
The Tour of America
• America, a replica of the schooner that gave the America’s
Cup its name, is on a year long voyage to Bermuda.
• America is scheduled to make 100+ stops, including the
Newport Bermuda Race (2016) and the Antigua Bermuda
• This tour could introduce tens of thousands of sailing
enthusiasts to AC35 in Bermuda.
• More than 90% registration increase for
Annapolis Bermuda race.
• Organisers expect to reach the new 200-boat
limit for Newport Bermuda Race, more than
• Newport Bermuda Race added superyacht
category to capitalise on AC35 excitement
ENTREPRENEURS & EXPERIENCES
• 59 vendors in the event village.
• 40 local businesses provided support and
services for World Series event.
• At least 12 local America’s Cup Licensees
• New America’s Cup exhibit at BUEI.
AC35 Race Calendar
35TH AMERICAS CUP PRESENTED BY LOUIS VUITTON
• Caroline Bay at Morgan’s Point
• St. George’s Resort
• The Loren at Pink Beach (Jan 2017)
• Number of marina berths could grow from
45 to 120 over the next five years.
• Morgan’s Point plans to develop capacity for
77 boats and 21 superyachts.
• St. George’s marina construction approved.
• 90 berthing positions anticipated for visiting
vessels for the America’s Cup in 2017.
• Temporary moorings being explored.
DOCKYARD EXPANSION & REJUVENATION
• Restoration of formally under
utilised Dockyard buildings and
• Cross Island construction for AC35
and future uses to be determined
through public consultation.
• Ideal stopover location between Mediterranean and
• New emphasis on the economic value of superyachts
to Bermuda’s economy.
• Special permission for visiting superyachts to charter
for 3 month period before, during and after AC35.
• Further discussions underway for more attractive
legislation and regulations for superyachts.
• High demand for AC35 – about 65% of spaces already
• Attracting superyachts affords us exposure
among high net worth decision makers.
• The global exposure benefiting Bermuda from
America’s Cup could attract a new generation
of business opportunities.
• Opportunities specific to marine and nautical
o Navigational & Maritime tech
o Sailing Academy
o Maritime Insurance
o Registry & Inspection Services
o Boat Construction & Maintenance
• Launched October 2015
• Expanding in 2016 to New York and
• Serves 8 – 12 year-olds
• Approximately 1,000 kids to date
• STEAM Education:
• S – science
• T – technology
• E – engineering
• A – arts
• M – math
• Launched July 2015
• Serves 17 – 25 year olds
• Prepares young men and women
for sailing competition and careers
• Mentored by Oracle Team USA
• Will race AC45s before a home
crowd in June 2017
• Emily Hagel: Studying mechanical
engineering and naval architecture at
• Connor Astwood: Hired by Softbank
Team Japan in media relations, speaks
• Cecilia Wollmann: At just 17 years-
old has qualified for Summer Olympic
Games in Rio.
• Mustafa Ingham: Worked for Team
Aqua during RC44 Bermuda Cup.