1. Limitless Technological Advancement; the Ever-‐changing Society By Paul Je Prof. Sidneyeve Matrix -‐ FILM 260
2. PhotoCred: irwandy We started from the boKom … Once Upon a Time…
3. PhotoCred: jetalone When there was liKle to no technology, where the ﬁrst computer mouse had been built in 1964
4. PhotoCred: See-‐Ming Like fashion, technology had been rapidly changing and trying new things.
5. PhotoCred: Domain Barnyard Infusing technology with fashion, Beats By Dre had encaptured a market where the logo was a hot celebrity trend but also a high quality product.
6. PhotoCred: Possan Robert Noyce and Jack Killby had invented the Integrated Circuit, creaYng a global market of $1 trillion a year globally. Portable computers and calculators are a very prominent part of our world today.
7. PhotoCred: Dru Bloomﬁeld On Ebay, there is over $640 worth of transacYons each second. The Internet had allowed for extremely eﬃcient commerce, and transparency on compeYtors’ prices to allow fairest compeBBon.
8. PhotoCred: Oskay 15 billion primary baDeries are thrown away every year to landﬁll sites. Because of the rechargeable baKery , 90% of all rechargeable Lead Acid baKeries are recycled making it the worlds most recycled product, leading society to a more environmentally friendly state.
9. PhotoCred: iEEEj Timeline 1800 – First Electric light created by Humphry Davy 1860 – Long lasYng electric light using Carbon paper created by Joseph Wilson Swan 1877 – Carbon arcs created for electric light use in public buildings by Charles Francis Bush 1879 – Thomas Edison experimented with thousands of ﬁlaments that resulted in the creaYon of a bulb that lasted over 1500 hours. Li$le did these scien-sts know how revoluonary this lightbulb was…
10. PhotoCred: FillMore Photography Microsoc Windows has changed work from using typewriters to using Microsoc 1.0; contributed to our producBvity today.
11. PhotoCred: JeﬀPro57 Apple simpliﬁed the mobile compuYng experience by: • CreaYng the iPhone (web, phone, media) • InvenYng applicaYons for iOS • CreaYng gestures for the iPad and Mac • First introducing colour, for the ﬁrst Macintosh II computer in 1987
12. iOS allowed children in the new generaYon to learn via educaYonal applicaYons to enhance their language skills. PhotoCred: Jamund
13. Only a short amount of Yme allowed us to transiBon… PhotoCred: LeK
14. PhotoCred: Jurvetson From this… Specs: 3 MP Camera
15. PhotoCred: Janitors To this… Specs: 13 MP Camera Cellphone Web Browser 1 million applicaYons Therefore, a mini computer.
16. Yes. We adults are shocked too. PhotoCred: haydrienne
17. PhotoCred: sjcockell We also have sped up and expanded how we interact with people and informaYon via the internet.
18. PhotoCred: Berd On an average daily basis, more than $250 billion worth of stock is traded on U.S. exchanges due to informaBon transparency.
19. PhotoCred: Rebecca Hildreth InformaBon being spewed out at that rate allowed jusYce to be brought down within 2 days acer the Boston Bombing incident.
20. PhotoCred: Scinern Daily, there are 2.7 Billion Likes, 300 Million Photos Uploaded and 500 Terabytes of Data occurring on Facebook. More likes can lead up to a relaBonship status, and helps lead interacYon into a strong relaYonship.
21. PhotoCred: sﬀoghorn Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Thric Shop" picks up a 12th week selng the mark for the longest-‐running No. 1 rap song with 282,000 single sales; negaYve sYgma on thric shops had been removed because of its virality.
22. PhotoCred: Bay Area NS There are more than 225 million members on LinkedIn, and the average income of LinkedIn users is $86,000, higher than CAN or US’ avg income due to the broadened professional networking opportuniYes.
23. YouTube pays out millions of dollars a year to partners, and hundreds of partners are making six ﬁgures a year creaYng higher living standards and increasing employment globally. PhotoCred: Genevieve719
24. PhotoCred: bahiannoYcias In just 6 months, $8 million was earned in Ad revenue for “Gangnam Style”, helping evolve brand/product awareness while also creaYng economic gains.
25. PhotoCred: Hamed Saber In conclusion: We started from the boKom, … Now we’re here.
26. We’ve made so much progress… “But, it’s far from Over.” -‐ Drake PhotoCred: eastscene
27. Credits All images are licensed under the CreaYve Commons Non-‐Commercial Share-‐Alike 3.0 Agreement and sourced from the image hosYng website Flickr.