MySQL Fabric is an open-source solution recently released by the MySQL Engineering team at Oracle. It seeks to make horizontal scale-out through sharding more accessible to users with growing data management requirements. This integrated framework supports management of large farms of MySQL servers, and includes support for sharding and high-availability. This is the presentation from Percona Live UK in London and it covers:
- Architecture for performance of a sharded deployment
- Management of MySQL server farms via MySQL Fabric
- MySQL Fabric as a tool for handling sharding and high-availability
- Application demands when working with a sharded database
- Connector demands when working with a sharded database
- Approaches to mixing sharded and global tables
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.