1. Overview• Facts on Justin• Early Years• Early Years Struggles• Education• Relationships and Songs• Major Accomplishments• Investments• Awards• Albums• Endorsements• Community Service• Charity• Marketing
2. Facts on Justin Bieber• Lives in Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles• Jeremy Bieber- Jazmyn and Jaxon• Twitter Followers: 29, 301, 997• Favourite Show: Smallville• Rubix Cube• Drums, guitar, piano and trumpet• Most searched on the internet• Hockey Player• 7 tattoos
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFUTfA3FXaI&feature=related Early Years • Stratford, Ontario • Single Mother • 2nd Place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8kG- SweMls&feature=relmfu • Music at an early age • YouTube Phenomenon • Eager manager arranged Atlanta to consider a record deal • Usher and Justin Timberlake • Island Def Jam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXBAGCPvrqc
4. Why do you thinkJustin Bieber chose tosign with Usher insteadof Justin Timberlake?Did he make the rightdecision?
5. Early Years Struggles• Parents got divorced• Raised by mom (18)• Poor• Lived with grandparents• Food Stamps
6. Education• Age of 6: Jeanne Sauve Catholic School• Stratford Northwestern Public School (7-8)• Stratford Northwestern Secondary School (9- 12)• Home schooled on tour• 2012 graduating class of St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in Stratford
7. Relationships and Songs• Down to Earth- Parents Divorce• Beautiful ft. Carly Rae Jepsen- Selena Gomez• Be Alright- Selena Gomez• Maria- Mariah Yeater
8. Major Accomplishments• Nominated for a Grammy Award (Best New Artist, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Song Written for Visual Media)• Just Getting Started• Never Say Never• Forbes most charitable celebrities• #3- Most Powerful Celebrities• $110 Million- Net Worth• Carly Rae Jepsen (Schoolboy Records)
9. What do you thinkCarly Rae Jepsen didfor his image?Did it give him morepublicity?
10. Investments• Tinychat. This is a messaging platform. In January, he joined a $1.5 million financing round for this company with A-Grade, an investment fund run by actor Ashton Kutcher, Madonna’s manager Guy Oseary and billionaire Ron Burkle.• Stamped. This is a social curation app that allows users to rate various things like restaurants and music. He invested in this company in May by joining Google Ventures and Bain Capital.• Sojo Studios. This is a gaming outfit established in 2010. Bieber joined Ellen DeGeneres as an investor in this company. His favorite product is WeTopia, a free Facebook game similar to FarmVille, where players collect virtual points which can be redeemed as donations to real charities. According to Sojo Studios, it donates to charity half of the money it earns from advertising linked to its games. WeTopia earnings are donated to the following charities: Save the Children, BuildOn and the Children’s Health Fund.• Spotify. This is a disruptive music service founded by Daniel Ek. The founder recruited a number of recording artists to buy in the company while it established its credibility in the industry before it was launched in 2011. It is backed by everyone from Sean Parker to Li Ka-shing.
11. Awards• Fave Artist- Much Music Video Awards• Fan Choice Award- Juno Awards• Fashion Icon: Male- Teen Choice Awards• Top Social Artist: Billboard Music Awards• Best Male Video: MTV Video Music Awards• International Breakthrough Artist: BRIT Awards• 52 Awards, 60 nominations• 3 Grammy Nominations
12. Albums• My World• My World 2.0• My World Acoustic• Never Say Never• Under The Mistletoe• Believe• Believe (Deluxe Edition)
13. Sponsorships• Kinect Sponsor 2012 Tour
14. Endorsements• Proactive• Dr. Dre Beats• One Less Lonely Girl nail polish collection from Nicole by OPI• Adidas http://www.forbes.com/sites/lancemadden/2 012/10/17/justin-biebers-endorsement-gives- adidas-big-boost-off-field/• $13 Million
15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tJW9MDs2M Charity• Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals• City of Hope• Cure Duchenne• Food Bank For New York City• Give Back Hollywood Foundation• GRAMMY Foundation• It Gets Better Project• Jumpstart• KaBOOM!• Musicians on Call• Pencils of Promise (Built 25 Schools)• Red Cross• Ushers New Look Foundation• Teamed up with Ellen DeGeneres to sell his hair on Ebay for The Gentle Barn Foundation ($40,000)• Avalanna (Mrs. Bieber)• Hospital Visits (Hailey: 4)http://www.justinbiebermusic.com/believecharity/
16. Target Market Teenage Girls
17. Marketing• Saturday Night Live• X factor• Never Say Never• Golden Ticket• Talk Shows• Stolen Computer (most viewed on YouTube in under 24 hours• Collaborates with other major artists• Magazineshttp://www.iviewtube.com/v/141432/justin -bieber-snl-skit-with-tina-fey-(teacher-in-love)
18. “There’s gonna be times in yourlife when people say you can’tdo something. And there’sgonna be times in your lifewhen people say that you can’tlive your dreams. This is what Itell them: Never say never!”