From 0 to 1000—How I Grew My Mailing List, Fast
- 3,895 views
• 4. Tim Carter: Ask The Builder http://www.askthebuilder.com/ http://www.askthebuilder.com/• Offers instructive videos, checklists andother DIY building resources• List Building Technique: ...
• 4. Tim Carter: Ask The Builder http://www.askthebuilder.com/ http://www.askthebuilder.com/• Offers instructive videos, checklists andother DIY building resources• List Building Technique: Video calls-to-action aweber.com
• 5. Tim’s Videos • Has over 400 videos on Youtube and over 29 million views QuickTime™ and a decompressorare needed to see this picture. • Videos give Tim a chance to ask for the email address! aweber.com
• 6. With direct calls-to-action, Tim saw a 38% BOOST in sign ups! aweber.com
• 7. Tim Brennan: Tactics Time http://tacticstime.com/ http://tacticstime.com/• Tactics Time is a chess tactics websiterun by Tim• List Building Technique: eBook with emailsign-up call-to-action aweber.com
• 8. Tim’s Chess eBook • Has a sign up form on multiple places on his site • His eBook (published last Dec. ’12) asked readers to sign up to keep current on chess tactics and talk aweber.com
• 9. After publication, Tim saw a 72% RISE insign-ups then over the previous 3 months! aweber.com
• 10. Nikki McGonigal: Nikki, In Stitches http://www.nikkiinstitches.com/ http://www.nikkiinstitches.com/• Runs site and Etsy store selling craftsand offering online crafting classes• List Building Technique: Blog Pop-upform aweber.com
• 11. Nikki’s Pop-Up • Appears on her blog • Shows up once per visitor every 60 days aweber.com
• 12. aweber.com
• 13. After implementing the Pop-up, Nikki saw a 1,463% INCREASE in her signup! aweber.com
• 14. List Building Points• Put a sign-up form on EVERY page (anddon’t forget Pop-up forms!)• Promote your list via multiple channels(site, social media, YouTube, products)• Don’t forget about offline! (you know, thereal world) aweber.com
• 15. aweber.com
• 16. aweber.com
• 17. aweber.com
• 18. Looking To Grow Your List? We Can Help Try AWeber For Just $1! aweber.com/order.htm aweber.com
• 19. List-building when you’re speaking at an eventI was able to pull around 50% of the audience.“I’ve only been given 10 minutes, so I can’t go into as much detailas I’d like. I decided to put together a special report just for you allon today’s topic. It’s titled ‘99 Ways To Build Your Email List.’Could everyone do me a favor and take out your cell phones for aminute? Thanks. OK, here’s what I’m going to do. I’ll give you mynumber, and if you text me your email address, I’ll send you thespecial report and put you on my mailing list. I’d also love to getyour feedback on my presentation. Ready? My number is…”
• 20. Viral landing pages: 1,000,000 sign-ups
• 21. Viral landing pages
• 22. Bundling + LinkedIn = 50-100 sign-ups per post
• 23. Emailing offers to rented lists. Opt-in to grab offer.
• 24. Sticky sidebar form
• 25. Pop-up quadrupled our daily sign-ups.
• 26. 70% of total sign-ups. 375% growth to 190k readers.
• 27. Sign-ups fell off a cliff.
• 28. Tailored offers in blog posts
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views