Building credibility in your industry is no easy task. By publishing in external niche publications, you create unique opportunities to showcase your expertise, tap into new audiences, and build influence.
Lead Your Industry: Data-Driven Strategies to Build Influence through Guest Content
Ma Kamp | Director of Strategic Partnerships at Inﬂuence & Co.
Data-Driven Strategies To Get
Your Content Published on
May 2015 Presentation
Join the conversation on Twi er
Ma Kamp - Inﬂuence & Co. - @thema kamp
Ma Kamp is the director of strategic partnerships at
Inﬂuence & Co., a content marketing ﬁrm that specializes in
helping companies showcase their expertise through
thought leadership. Inﬂuence & Co.’s clients range from
venture-backed startups to Fortune 500 brands.
Thue Madsen - KISSmetrics - @ThueLMadsen
Thue is the KISSmetrics Webinar Wizard and Marketing Ops
Specialist. Before joining forces with KISSmetrics, he was a
Ly driver in SF, which is also how he ended up as a
KISSmetrics marketer. Whenever Thue is not trying to
automate everything around him, you can ﬁnd him ﬁshing
and hiking in the Sierras.
1 Section One - How to build inﬂuence with content
2 Section Two - The Thought Leadership Approach
3 Section Three - Content marketing is the new SEO
Table of Contents
4 Section Four - How to create content editors crave
Section Five - How Inﬂuence & Co. works with clients to
achieve their business goals through contributed
80% of business decision-
makers prefer to get
company information in a
series of articles versus an
Guest publishing thought leadership content.
Content marketing is all
Section Two - The
LOG IN WITH GOOGLE
Start Your Free KISSmetrics Trial
Taking a Thought Leadership Approach to Content Marketing
• Goals + beneﬁts
• How contributed content ﬁts into your overall marketing plan
• Increase qualiﬁed leads
Section Three - Content
marketing is the new SEO
It Builds Natural “SEO”
• Long tail searches are up 68% since 2004. Easiest way to rank for long tail keywords is content
• Source: QuickSprout
How SEO and Content Fuel Each other
1. Create content your audience is searching for
2. Take the conversation to the next level
3. Tailor content to the buyer’s journey
Top of the Funnel
Content Marketing Funnel
Content here should largely be educational and
help the individuals connect the dots from the
problem to how they may be able to solve it.
Example: An educational e-book explaining
more about your industry.
Middle of the Funnel
Our goal is to present them with the
solution and show them the complexities
and expertise involved in doing it well,
which will overwhelm them and convince
them that they want help implementing the
Example: Guides, and best practices
Content focused on truly identifying
your company as the best solution is
Example: Case studies, comparison
documents, and trial offers focused
on why your company is an ideal
solution to the problem
Bottom of the Funnel
Section Four - How to
create content editors
How Brands Can Get Published
1. Document your content strategy
2. Research the publication’s audience
3. Share your expertise & get personal
4. Back it up with data
5. Perfect your piece before submission
Only 35% of marketers have a
documented content strategy.
-Content Marketing Institute.
What Your Content Strategy Needs
• Is your content relevant to the publication?
• Is it non-promotional?
• Does it engage and educate the readers?
• Is it unique?
Research the Publication’s Audience
• Established goals
• A target audience
• Key metrics
What Editors Of The Top Online Publications Had to Say
Share Your Expertise & Get Personal
“It’s imperative to get direct content and insights
from key players in the industry, whether they are
peers of our readers or general colleagues.”
— Editor surveyed in the State of Contributed Content Report
Organize Your Expertise With a Company Knowledge Bank
5 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Knowledge Bank
1. Update it regularly
2. Keep you're audience in mind.
3. Crowdsource the knowledge
4. Organize your info by category & keywords
5. Make it accessible
Perfect Your Piece
• Be a perfectionist - edit your work!
• Fact check
• Plagiarism check
• Tool: Copyscape
Section Five - How
Inﬂuence & Co. works
with clients to achieve
their business goals
Co-Founder, New Media Development
• Position Gravity as a leader in multicultural marketing.
• Publish consistent content to individually position Yuriy and Luba as thought leaders
• Drive additional exposure to Gravity
• Create sales opportunities.
Key ROI Points
• Early invite-only contributors to LinkedIn
• Inc. weekly columnist
• Numerous Agency Awards (Ad Age, Agency 100)
• Speaking opportunities and further press coverage
• Credited content as key sources to 2 major accounts in 201
Get $500 of your ﬁrst
Inﬂuence & Co.!
Download your FREE
Knowledge Management Template
Reach out and mention
2015 KISSmetrics Guide KISSmetrics Demo
h p://kiss.ly/growth h p://kiss.ly/demo
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Inﬂuence & Co.
Marketing Operations Manager