1. IxDA Network <ul><li>Proposed by the IxDA Board of Directors, October 2008 </li></ul>
2. IxDA Manifesto <ul><li>We believe that the human condition is increasingly challenged by poor experiences. IxDA intends to improve the human condition by advancing the discipline of Interaction Design. </li></ul><ul><li>To do this, we foster a community of people that choose to come together to support this intention. IxDA relies on individual initiative, contribution, sharing and self-organization as the primary means for us to achieve our goals. </li></ul>
3. IxDA Network <ul><li>IxDA is a group of individuals who are passionate about Interaction Design. In choosing to come together to advance the discipline, we have created a network: the IxDA Network. </li></ul><ul><li>The IxDA Network is composed of people and platforms. </li></ul>
4. IxDA Network: people IxDA Global … is responsible for stewarding a strong network and the collective vision … is comprised of the Board of Directors, and others working at the global level IxDA Leaders … are responsible for providing leadership, and developing other leaders to ensure the strength of the network … exist globally and locally, working on group initiatives as well as individually. IxDA Members … chose to create, consume, and share knowledge, vision, passion and conversation, as well as create relationships and platforms … are people who are passionate about IxD, and who commit to our purpose.
5. IxDA Network: platforms IxDA Local … is a platform for members to meet locally, and commits to creating value locally as well as sharing with Global and other Locals. ...allowing IxDA members to meet face-to-face IxDA Conference … is an event for members from around the world to meet in person, and commits to generate knowledge resources for the network. ...bringing the entire community together, some in person and many through smart, web-archived contents IxDA.org … is a platform that provides organizing tools and access to the richest, organic content in the field, and commits to represent our values ...linking all the IxDA constituencies together, serving various Global, Local and Member needs
6. IxDA Network Rights, Responsibilities, Limits <ul><li>All participants in the IxDA Network — including IxDA Global, IxDA Local and IxDA Members — are bound by certain rights, responsibilities and limits. </li></ul><ul><li>The details of this social contract will be defined through community participation in the coming months. </li></ul>
7. IxDA Global commits to: Developing the network Developing leaders to ensure the strength of the network Supporting members gathering together in person, both locally and globally Providing access for members to the richest content in the field