firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 876 San Leandro, CA 94577
The story of libraries is innovation through constant change. I bring that experience through
partnerships, creative growth, and analyzing directions. My passion is for collaborative growth
by means of plotting opportunities and analyzing/guiding creative futures well beyond libraries.
- Strategic partnerships and novel collaborations to boost growth & exposure.
- Connecting corporate, academic, and public leadership with clients and collaborators.
- Analysis and research: futures, markets, competitors, trends, economic opportunities.
- Exploring growth through new technology and culture directions.
- Marketing, product testing, leveraging diverse visions to position us at the bleeding edge.
Library Future Consultant, Trend Spotter. LibraryFuture. 7/2014 - Present.
Keynote presentations and consulting worldwide on directions for libraries and vendors.
Identifying opportunities and collaborators, synthesizing technology changes, analyzing trends
and their impact. I reach a wide spectrum of leadership, associations, and visionaries from
every continent as a recognized professional speaker with recent talks at events in: Australia -
Hong Kong - New Zealand - Netherlands - Singapore - South Africa - UK - All US regions.
Director, Library Futures. Innovative Interfaces. 9/2013 – 7/2014.
Leading library technology company
• Facilitated building the future of libraries by empowering creative professionals.
• Leveraged partnerships within and beyond the library industry.
• Helped clients enter new conversations such as at the SXSW conference.
• Expanded the impact and brand of libraries as future-oriented partners.
• Expanded the company’s reach in impactful conversations alongside thought leaders and ran
programming connecting clients & leadership.
• Informed product direction with product management, marketing, sales, executives.
Yale University, Science Librarian II: Instruction & Tech Coordinator. 2007–2011.
Assisted research, managed budgets, teaching, and technology across six branches, built
collections in various formats, designed and provided front-end service & leadership,
webmaster, collaborated with multiple technical scientific disciplines.
Internship: The Crucible (non-proﬁt arts education organization that fosters collaboration of
arts, industry, & community). Oakland, CA. 2/2015 - Present.
Education: Master of Library & Information Science, University of Hawaii. 2006.
Master of Science in Foresight. University of Houston. 1/2015 - Present.
BA Physics, Syracuse University, 2003.
Publications: Book series co-editor, author, editor, & topic consultant for three books.
Guest Editor: multiple special issues of scholarly journal The Reference Librarian.
Author of peer reviewed articles, proceedings, introductions, reviews, & feature pieces.
Reach and Impact:
• Serve multiple professional associations and conferences.
• Wide & deep impact: online Klout score of 67 (top 5 %), 14.7K Twitter followers.
• A Library Journal Mover & Shaker in 2009 and a 2007 ALA Emerging Leader.
Libraries live at the junction of changing technology, media, and consumer evolutions. I have
helped advance an industry facing threats by forging connections and expanding creative
solutions and can leverage this experience as a launchpad to our joint growth.
Joe Murphy - http://libraryfuture.com