Twitter is an online social
networking website and micro
blogging service that allows
users to post and read text.
Very popular/tweet, Direct messages
• 645,750,000 people use twitter worldwide.
• There's 140 characters, known as “tweets”
, you could tweet about anything that’s why
people tweet it’s a fast way to get your
• Direct message- allows you to contact
anyone, its like inbox no one else sees it
except for you and that person.
Following and followers/Retweets –
sharing content/@ and usernames
• Following and followers- you follow friends, celebrities, or people
you just like, there's fashion pages, and followers are people who
follow you, so they would be able to see your page even if it’s
• Retweets are when you tweet something and people Retweet it if
they like it, and you could Retweet other people tweets if you like
• @ and usernames- @ is when your looking for a person you @
them then write their usernames, you have to make username so
people could find you, usually people would write their nick
names, or their real name and add numbers to make it unique.
• You would hash tag hot topics, so if you are trying
to find something trending you would write the
hash tag and it will come up.
• Activities- you can find different activities on
twitter and there's updates on different activities
of other users.
• Notifications- are usually to tell you who
favourite your tweet or retweeted it, also it will
tell you when someone follows you or DMs you.
List of popular "trending” topics/ fast
way of finding out what's happening
• Its very easy to find out things that happening
around the world and your area on twitter if
something big happens for example a big
explosion happens you could go on twitter and
see people tweeting and talking about it, and find
out what's happening straight away.
• List of popular has all the topics that’s trending so
if something happens to a celebrity everyone is
going to be talking about it, so you can go on the
list of popular and find out the hottest trending
Communicate worldwide/False reports
• Its very easy to get false reports on
twitter, because anyone can write what they
want, its more opinion the facts so you have to
be careful when you get information from twitter.
• You can communicate world wide on twitter and
tweet follow or DM anyone around the
world, that’s why its one of the best social
networks in the world.
• Eyewitness accounts are events witnessed by
somebody first handed. For example somebody
witnessing the earthquake in Chile.
• Form: Micro blogging social network
• · Structure: 140 character
status, retweets, pictures
• · Content: Individual’s expression
• · Technical conventions: See previous
• · Mode of address: Depends on individual
source – formal/informal/humorous/serious
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.