8. DePaul Scholars Award recipient</li></li></ul><li>_Awards<br />Academic recognition from DePaul’s department of Residential Education, Autumn 2009<br />First Year Writing Showcase award for my analytical essay “Rug Heads: Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue” through DePaul’s College of Communication, Spring 2009<br />
9. _Academic Achievement<br />“This is, by far, the most impressive response produced by anyone in the class. Great Work!” <br />“Very insightful, well written, and insightful response!”<br />
10. _Language Skills/Coursework<br />“Excellent!”<br /><ul><li>As an international politics minor, I have focused my coursework around Middle Eastern politics and world reporting.
11. By combining my passion for Journalism with my interest in Middle Eastern politics, I am hoping to utilize my Arabic language skills by reporting abroad.
12. I have basic Arabic spoken language skills, and proficient Arabic writing skills.</li></li></ul><li>Experience<br />On-Campus Involvement/Student Leadership Roles<br />Writing Experience<br /><ul><li>Career Center Receptionist
13. Student Employment Clerk
14. Syndicate Content Intern: Chicago Tribune</li></li></ul><li>_ Leadership/Community Building<br /><ul><li>Holding various on-campus student leadership roles such as an Orientation Leader, Chicago Quarter Mentor, and Student Alumni Ambassador has allowed me to develop a strong sense of leadership and group facilitation skills.
15. Representing DePaul as a student leader, I have developed lasting relationships with fellow students and faculty.</li></li></ul><li>_Writing Experience <br /><ul><li>Reporting on world news, features, and editorials for “The DePaulia” has given me diversity in both writing capabilities and interests.
16. Contributing for the Career Center’s “News You Can Use” publication has allowed me to incorporate my passion for journalism into my on-campus job.</li></li></ul><li>_Online Journalism<br /><ul><li>Online freelance writing and Blogging has allowed me broaden my journalistic scope, showcase my writing on the web, and connect with other writers in the online community.
17. My writing has been published by sites such as travels.com, ehow.com, and about.com.</li></li></ul><li>_Work Experience<br /><ul><li>As a receptionist, I practiced organization and multi-tasking while providing supreme customer service, scheduling appointments, handling federal documents, and completing administrative duties.
18. As a Student Employment Clerk, I act as a communication bridge between students and faculty members by managing DePaul’s Campus Job Board.
19. I have taken a leadership role within my department by training co-workers and being a self motivated, creative problem solver. </li></li></ul><li>_Intern Experience<br /><ul><li>As a content intern with the Chicago Tribune’s Syndicate Team, I gained valuable organizational skills by working on breaking news galleries and continuously updating web content collections.
20. My weekly assignments contributed to national CW, ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX affiliates.
21. As an active member of The Syndicate team’s productions, I regularly contributed to daily photo galleries while jumpstarting individual projects.</li></li></ul><li>Skills<br />Web Navigation/ Social Media Skills<br />Design Skills<br />Interpersonal Communication/Creativity Skills<br />
22. _Web Navigation/Social Media Skills<br /><ul><li>Promoting on-campus events, breaking news stories, recent articles, and PSA’s via social media websites connects me to the professional world by advertising my experience, interests, and malleability to different news mediums.
23. Interactive media has allowed me to reach a larger spectrum of people in the professional community through blogging, tweeting, etc. by providing multiple modes of access to writing samples and resumes. </li></ul>Blogging polls which accompany my online articles provide a two-way communication line by allowing my readers to share their opinions.<br />
24. _Web Design Skills<br /><ul><li>Proficiency in P2P, Assembler, Adobe Photoshop, and Tivid designing programs
25. Knowledge of site linkage, slugs, and page configuration and site cloning has allowed me to share information and projects on a large scale in a matter of seconds.</li></ul>Photo galleries I created and contributed to during my Internship with Tribune Interactive’s Syndicate Team<br />
26. _Interpersonal Communication/Creativity Skills<br /><ul><li>I thrive in a creative based learning environment, and perform best when challenged.
27. I’ve regularly collaborated with classmates, professors, co-workers, and supervisors to achieve project goals.
28. Small group facilitation and my “thinking outside the box approach” have both proven to be strengths, leading me to interesting and progressive new projects and roles within DePaul. </li></ul>Activity planning and small group motivation as a student leader<br />
29. _Dedication/Determination<br /><ul><li>Junior Olympic level athlete for 8 years
30. Won all around titles at state, regional, and national competitions
31. Balanced team work dedication and personal determination through hard work and goal setting</li></li></ul><li>To Learn More About Me, Check Out…..<br />Jennschanz.wordpress.com<br />www.twitter.com/jennschanz<br />www.Linkedin.com/jennschanz<br />