1. Entry Requirements Subjects to study in high schoolTo get the job you need to haveone or both of the following. The most suited subjects to study• Certification with Microsoft are maths and physics and or Cisco computer studies.• A qualification in computing or info scienceUseful ExperienceUseful experience for this job arecomputer programming andcomputer repair.
2. Skills and knowledge Personal Qualities• Knowledge of computer hardware, • Able to work software and networks independently, and• Up-to-date information about the part of a team latest developments in ICT • Able to work under• Problem-solving ability pressure• Communication skills for dealing • Logical, accurate, and with clients practical• Technical skills. • Prepared to continue learning new computer skillsPhysical RequirementsComputer systems technicians need to have great hand-eye co-ordinationand has to be able to lift heavy boxes and computer hardware.Computer technicians spend a lot of time using computers, it is veryimportant that computer technicians know how to use computerequipment properly.
3. How long to studyFull time –Approximately 10monthsPart time –Approximately 33months
4. The cost to study isWell it depends on howlong you want to studythere are two options tochoose from, singlesemester and full year. Forthe single semester it isbetween $4,410 and $6,536,for the full year option it isbetween $8,850 and$13,121.
5. Useful Experience Useful experience for this job are computer programming and computer repair.
6. What to studyThe mostsuitedsubjects tostudy aremaths andphysics andcomputerstudies.
7. What companies in my area. Companies in Wellington (.NET) There are 75 (Test Analyst) companies (ed tech) (in-house computers)
8. My job can take to• Europe – Germany• United Arab Emirates• Africa• New Zealand – Auckland, Bay Of Plenty, Canterbury, Taranaki, Manawatu / Wanganui, Wellington, Taranaki and Otago
9. What I thinkI think that technology will not takeover the job I have chosen becausetechnology can’t fix its self. Alsotechnology always malfunctions nomatter what. So there for I say my jobcannot be taken over with technology.
10. Average gross salary for computer systemstechnicians $58,230, $49,030 to $62,170 a year. Senior technicians who supervise or manage teams can earn up to $80,000 a year.
11. Well I like working with computers and fixing them.I think that this job suites me because of how technology has improvedand because I like working with computers, and tiring to fix them.