1. What It Takes to Be a Web Developer Bryan Bibat freelance software engineer
2. What does it take to be a Web Developer?
3. HTML &PHP
4. Thank you for listening!
5. Seriously now.
6. Lets take a brief look on what is a "Web Developer"
7. And that was just the Ruby stack.
8. Now back to the question
9. What does it take to be a Web Developer?
10. A Passion for Learning
11. me, hard at work c. 2005
12. If you are not passionate about learning, take a good hard look at your life
13. Not interested in learning new tools and methodologies every year? No problem.
14. 1. Legacy Code Maintenance
15. 2. Selling Sub-standard Software
16. 2. Scamming Clients
17. 3. Call Center
18. So if youre not planning to shift courses, start learning now.
19. Where do I start?
20. Web Designers
21. Enterprise Devs
22. SysAds DBA
23. Presentation:what the users see
24. Domain:what the users want
25. [ insert any programming language here ]
26. Infrastructure: where it runs
27. Linux Apache MySQL PHP
28. Software Engineering: how to build it
30. Thank you for listening!Summary:Web Developers need a strong passion for learning andcompetence in the 4 fields related to web development. www.slideshare.net/bryanbibat/ bryanbibat.net | @bry_bibat