1. Covenant The story of the Hebrew people from slavery to freedom shares several “signposts” along a common road with our story.
2. Review God established a covenant – a commitment to a relationship.
3. Review In this covenant God makes a promise to deliver His people and stipulates His expectation of their behavior.
4. Review The expectations are to live with distinction from the pagan practices of the world.
5. Review God commissioned a deliverer to achieve fulfillment of His promise.
6. Review The covenant provides for REDEMPTION. Redemption means to buy back. God redeemed his people from Slavery. We are redeemed from slavery to sin.
7. Review The covenant provides for SALVATION. God is delivering his people to a new land… We as saved and delivered to eternal life in with God.
8. Today SALVATION comes by FAITH.
9. Exodus 14:1-4 1 Now the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 2 "Speak to the children of Israel, … 4 that the Egyptians may know that I am the Lord."
10. Why? God had a PURPOSE
11. Exodus 14:10-12 10 And when Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel …. were very afraid,
12. SALVATION REQUIRES FAITH
13. Exodus 14:13-14 13 And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. …14 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."
14. a. Do not be afraid Fear is a lack of faith. Instead, have faith. Trust God.
15. b. Stand still Here is your contribution: Do nothing.
16. c. See the salvation of your God … . and the children of Israel had walked on dry land in the midst of the sea, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. So the Lord saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore.
17. c. See the salvation of your God … . Thus Israel saw the great work which the Lord had done in Egypt; so the people feared the Lord, and believed the Lord and His servant Moses.
18. ACTION STEPS 1. SATAN TRIES TO PURSUE YOU AND LURE YOU BACK TO THE WORLD. BE ON GUARD