25 MoreAwesomePUBLIC SPEAKING QUOTES
Be sincere; !be brief; !be seated. !Franklin D. Roosevelt
Courage is what it takes tostand up and speak; !courage is also what it takesto sit down and listen.!Winston Churchill
Best way to conquerstage fright is toknow what you’retalking about.!Michael H Mescon
Find out what’skeeping them upnights and offerhope. Your thememust be an answerto their fears.!Gerald C Myers
Grasp the subject, !the words will follow.!Cato The Elder
Make sure you havefinished speakingbefore your audiencehas finished listening.!Dorothy Sarnoff
It’s quite simple. Saywhat you have to sayand when you cometo a sentence with agrammatical ending,sit down.!Winston Church...
Speak clearly, if youspeak at all; carveevery word beforeyou let it fall.!Oliver Wendell Holmes
It’s not how strongly you feel about your topic, it’s howstrongly they feel about your topic after you speak.!Tim Salladay
99% of the population isafraid of public speaking,and of the remaining 1%,99% of them havenothing original andinteresting ...
In presentationsor speeches lessreally is more.!Stephen Keague
A wise man speaksbecause he hassomething to say; !a fool because he hasto say something.!Plato
You are responsible toyour audience, not foryour audience.!Bill Gove
Mere words are cheap and plenty enough, butideas that rouse and set multitudes thinkingcome as gold from the mines.!A. Owen
! ! ! !Be skillful in speech, !! ! ! !that you may be strong.!Merikare
When you wish to instruct,be brief; that men’s mindstake in quickly what yousay, learn its lesson, andretain it faithfully...
The finest languageis mostly made upof simple,unimposing words.!George Eliot
Speeches measuredby the hour die withthe hour.!Thomas Jefferson
Say not always what youknow, but always knowwhat you say.!Claudius
If I went back to collegeagain, I’d concentrate on twoareas: learning to write andto speak before an audience.Nothing in l...
No one evercomplains abouta speech beingtoo short!!Ira Hayes
Don’t use words too bigfor the subject. Don’t sayinfinitely when you meanvery. Otherwise you’ll haveno word left when youwa...
In making a speech one muststudy three points: first, themeans of producingpersuasion; second, thelanguage; third the prope...
Speech belongs half to the speaker, half to thelistener. The latter must prepare to receive itaccording to the motion it t...
In public speaking, wemust appeal either to theprejudices of others, or tothe love of truth andjustice. If we think merely...
Get more PresentationTips and Tricks atBigFishPresentations.com
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

25 More Awesome Public Speaking Quotes

34,056

Published on

We got a lot of positive feedback on our last set of 25 public speaking quotes, so we decided to dig a little deeper and find some more awesome quotes for you guys. These are some great words from some great and notable people in the presentation, public speaking and communication sectors. Do what you will with them, whether that’s memorizing them, putting them on your fridge or even just scanning them here for inspiration. They are fun, inspiring and useful for many aspects of communication.

Published in: Business, Technology, Education
1 Comment
84 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total Views
34,056
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
34
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1,197
Comments
1
Likes
84
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

25 More Awesome Public Speaking Quotes

  1. 1. 25 MoreAwesomePUBLIC SPEAKING QUOTES
  2. 2. Be sincere; !be brief; !be seated. !Franklin D. Roosevelt
  3. 3. Courage is what it takes tostand up and speak; !courage is also what it takesto sit down and listen.!Winston Churchill
  4. 4. Best way to conquerstage fright is toknow what you’retalking about.!Michael H Mescon
  5. 5. Find out what’skeeping them upnights and offerhope. Your thememust be an answerto their fears.!Gerald C Myers
  6. 6. Grasp the subject, !the words will follow.!Cato The Elder
  7. 7. Make sure you havefinished speakingbefore your audiencehas finished listening.!Dorothy Sarnoff
  8. 8. It’s quite simple. Saywhat you have to sayand when you cometo a sentence with agrammatical ending,sit down.!Winston Churchill
  9. 9. Speak clearly, if youspeak at all; carveevery word beforeyou let it fall.!Oliver Wendell Holmes
  10. 10. It’s not how strongly you feel about your topic, it’s howstrongly they feel about your topic after you speak.!Tim Salladay
  11. 11. 99% of the population isafraid of public speaking,and of the remaining 1%,99% of them havenothing original andinteresting to say.!Jarod Kintz
  12. 12. In presentationsor speeches lessreally is more.!Stephen Keague
  13. 13. A wise man speaksbecause he hassomething to say; !a fool because he hasto say something.!Plato
  14. 14. You are responsible toyour audience, not foryour audience.!Bill Gove
  15. 15. Mere words are cheap and plenty enough, butideas that rouse and set multitudes thinkingcome as gold from the mines.!A. Owen
  16. 16. ! ! ! !Be skillful in speech, !! ! ! !that you may be strong.!Merikare
  17. 17. When you wish to instruct,be brief; that men’s mindstake in quickly what yousay, learn its lesson, andretain it faithfully. Everyword that is unnecessaryonly pours over the side ofa brimming mind.!Cicero
  18. 18. The finest languageis mostly made upof simple,unimposing words.!George Eliot
  19. 19. Speeches measuredby the hour die withthe hour.!Thomas Jefferson
  20. 20. Say not always what youknow, but always knowwhat you say.!Claudius
  21. 21. If I went back to collegeagain, I’d concentrate on twoareas: learning to write andto speak before an audience.Nothing in life is moreimportant than the ability tocommunicate effectively.!Gerald R. Ford
  22. 22. No one evercomplains abouta speech beingtoo short!!Ira Hayes
  23. 23. Don’t use words too bigfor the subject. Don’t sayinfinitely when you meanvery. Otherwise you’ll haveno word left when youwant to talk aboutsomething really infinite.!C.S. Lewis
  24. 24. In making a speech one muststudy three points: first, themeans of producingpersuasion; second, thelanguage; third the properarrangement of the variousparts of the speech.!Aristotle
  25. 25. Speech belongs half to the speaker, half to thelistener. The latter must prepare to receive itaccording to the motion it takes.!Michel de Montaigne
  26. 26. In public speaking, wemust appeal either to theprejudices of others, or tothe love of truth andjustice. If we think merelyof displaying our ownability, we shall ruin everycause we undertake.!William Hazlitt
  27. 27. Get more PresentationTips and Tricks atBigFishPresentations.com
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×