• A project to make people more aware of how
much food we waste and litter we throw away at
• To create some sculptures that will try to
encourage people to change their ways
• Empty cans
• Paper plates
• Plastic knives and
• We went to the
dining hall and
the concert hall at
lunch and break
• We gathered the
bags of wastes
and counted them
• We collected 2 bags
of food waste and 2
bags of rubbish
• This = 4 bags of
• 5 days in a week = 20 bags of waste
• 6 weeks in a half term = 120 bags of waste
• 2 half terms in a term = 240 bags of waste
• 3 terms in a year = 720 bags of waste
This is only at lunchtime!!!
• There are 13 weeks holiday in a year
so this is only over ¾ of a year!!!!
• 5 days in a week = 10 bags of waste
• 6 weeks in a half term = 60 bags of waste
• 2 half terms in a term =120 bags of waste
• 3 terms in a year = 360 bags of waste
Overall• This makes 1080 bags
of food and general
waste in a year!!!!!!
•We need to change the way we
use the environment.
How bad do you think food waste is at Cranford?
Not to bad
What could we do to reduce food waste?
Eat all food
Will making sculptures inspired by waste help us
to reduce our food waste at Cranford?
If it is visual
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.