Successfully reported this slideshow.
Recycling and ecological
3rd Makedonitissa public kindergarten
Head teacher: Charita Palate
Teachers: Vicky Kayia
• “Mr. Ben, Mou and the garbage”
• “Help trash save us”
• “Once upon a time in the neighborhood garbage”
• “The Mayor rubbish”
• “The recycling Lady and her friends”
• The ladder of recycling
• Solve problems in the little shop with various
empty packages with prices
with the same material
• The paper plate cant decide what will be
transformed after recycling
• The fairytale that denies to be recycled
• “They observe if the plastic and paper are
altered when they are into the soil and water"
The objective: To prefer paper packaging
rather than plastic.
Melt the newspaper add some glue
and flour to make a new paper.
• Video showing the process of garbage
• Recycling electrical equipment
• Ecological footprint animation
Cooperation with local authority
• A city hall employee informs children about renewable sources
of energy and recycling.
• The children sent an invitation to the Mayor to visit the
exhibition of creations with recyclable materials made by the
parents of the school and the children.
We announce recycling contest among the three classes for
batteries, plastic and paper. The winner is the class that collects
the most recyclables. All three classes managed to get a prize.
Contest of artcrafts made by recyclables. Winner
are all the parents and children that made all
that magnificent artcraft.
Journalists will cover the event of the exhibition and
make a publication at the municipality’s journal.
Cooperation with the primary school
• The primary school visits the exhibition.
• The primary school invites us to watch the
theatre play about sustainable development.
At school we recycle
• Lids recycling. Cooperate with a medical
centre to raise money for the purchase of
• Collect clothes for the Charity shop
Plastic, paper and batteries
Parents were invited to attend children’s classroom
course on sustainable development.
• The children watched the video “plastic planet”.
• There was a discussion with the children and then
developed the subject emphasizing on literacy tasks.
• Objective :Through the children's statements to inform
parents of the planet is in danger and to reflect to change
• The children were given:
Eco bags to put their drawings and for shopping
•Energy saving ticket blocks. Every time they save o
save power energy they cut a ticket as proof and ask
their parents 50cent. The winner is the one who
manages to cut all the tickets and gathered the most
•Poster for their room that reminds
them to turn off the lights.
•They learn to write the 3 R :
Recycle , Reduce, Reuse
Observe the helicopter with solar
panel. The propeller spins when it
accumulates solar energy
They put stickers on the walls with the
sign “Turn off the lights”
They draw and write their own
Research for parents’ behavior
on their ecological footprint
• To see how big is the ecological footprint of our school parents
there were 4 groups of questions:
• Food (if they eat meat every day, if they throw what is left, if they
buy local products)
• Travel (The distance they cover with the car, if they prefer their
country for vacation, how they go to school, how many cars they
• Housing (how big is their house, what sources of energy use, how
much electricity they waste, how much water they use, if they
have a swimming pool, if they do recycling & composting)
• Members of the family (how many brothers they have)
Results of the research
• We disseminated 75 questionnaires and they returned
• 62.5% of respondents have a large ecological footprint.
That means that If everyone behaves like them we will
need more planets in to meet their requirements
because the natural resources are not enough.
• 37.5% of the respondents have moderate ecological
footprint and their presence on Earth is detrimental.
• None of the respondents has the appropriate ecological
footprint that suggests that they respect the planet
To reduce our ecological footprint we
signed an agreement to:
• Save energy
• Prefer renewable sources of energy
• Reduce shopping
• Recycle and reuse
• Eat healthy, eat vegetables and local products.
Plant seeds, bulbs and small trees
Beautiful places of Cyprus