COMENIUS – Biography
Berna – Vijdan Birolova Mehmedova
Language School “Frederic Joliot-
• My name is Berna-Vijdan
• I was born on 22 August 1992 in Varna.
• I am Turkish girl.
• I am the only child in my family.
• My mother is unemployed
because of an illness.
My father works as a supplier. He
supply some shops with foods.
• My family’s religion is Islam and
we celebrate the traditional
Kurban Bayram and Seker Bayram
• My grandmother looked after me and she
keeps doing it.
When I was 4 my uncle taught me to write in
Bulgarian. He made me a independent and
hard-working person. I owe a lot to him.
• At home we speak only in Turkish. I learned
Bulgarian language at kindergarten.
• Kindergarten – I went to kindergarten in
Asparuhovo district , where I still live. My
teacher was also Turkish and she taught me to
• Primary school – In “Lyuben Karavelov” school
I studied German from 1st to 5th grade. Turkish
language wasn’t taught in schools and I
studied it by my own initiative.
• Grammar school – I studied in another school
in 6th and 7th grade where I studied English
• High school – I took an examine for which I
prepared on my own. I wanted do learn
French in a good school. I was admitted in 4th
Language School where I now study.
• I took successfully the examine DELF and I
have a B1 degree in French. I participated in
the school project PERLE with geography. Now
I participate in the project MINT.
• I am interested in sports. I play football with
friends in my district. We also watch football
matches together. My favorite teams are
Fenerbahce , Manchester United, Central
Army’s Football Club.
• I trained horsemanship. I first got on a horse
when I was 6. From then on I love horses and
• I love horror movies.
• Among my friends there are Armenian, Turks
and Bulgarians but it doesn’t matter to me. In
Varna my friend are mainly Bulgarians and
they don’t recognize me as a Turk. When I go
to my village I communicate with my cousins
who are also Turkish.
Berna Mehmedova, May 2009