From an installation perspective – we simplify the installation process through a CLI Install script for quick and easy set up. For installations with IP Office we are even further simplifying the process for deployment scenarios where there may not be a data centric individual on site. We will be coming out with an installation script called “Run IP Office” will automates the entire set up process by automatically setting up the right VLANs, provisioning all the IP phones and ensuring that QoS is provisioned correctly between the switch, the call server and the phones. This ensures fast and error free deployment according to Avaya best practices. It also ensures that for large rollouts in multiple branch offices that there is consistency between the different locations.
2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
Best-in-Class Lifetime Warranty Avaya includes Industry-leading warranty services on the Stackable Ethernet Switch portfolio, which consists of the ERS 2500, ERS 3500, ERS 4000, ERS 5000, and VSP 7000 Series product lines. Complimentary next business-day shipment of failed hardware now extends for the full life of the product. All countries will receive next-business-day shipping to replace failed hardware. Lifetime Technical Support Avaya offers complimentary basic technical support (Level 1) for the supported lifecycle of the product. This includes the software version shipped with or updated through optional SRS Basic or a separate Service Contract over and above our normal Warranty. This service covers: Case management lifecycle • Opening cases with Avaya via the web to report a problem • Nodal (switch/stack) problem isolation, data collection, investigation, status updates • Solution identification and resolution within software and hardware capabilities Types of issues covered include: • Diagnosing basic hardware and software issues through on-board diagnostics • Assisting with basic hardware troubleshooting and device configuration • Known issue resolution within software and hardware capabilities • Emergency recovery service For the first 90 days after the shipment date, advanced support (up to Level 3) is available. This covers: • Network troubleshooting and interoperability with other Avaya products • Network troubleshooting and interoperability with other vendor’s equipment against IEEE and IETF protocol standards • Correction of defects in the product found in the new installation within software and hardware capabilities • Software patches to the most current code level at time of product shipment • Lab reproduction of issues as needed to drive resolution Avaya offers service contracts providing enhanced software functionality and extended full technical support beyond the first 90 days after shipment. We encourage full coverage of your network to help reduce business risks and maximize return on your investment. To stay current on your software loads we recommend software subscription.
In terms of what the value is for partners – this is the first Avaya networking product specifically targeted for the SME market and the branch office.. meeting both the price points and the feature requirements. It opens up selling opportunities for our partners by having a small form factor, cost effective Gigabit switch. It the first fanless Ethernet Switch in our portfolio so its really going to open up opportunities in the education, hospitality and retail sectors in particular. It allows for partners to get a greater share of wallet through network attach opportunities with IP office – A big part of our GTM will be through ERS 3500s attached to IPO. From a GTM perspective we are working on simple value props for sales and channels, simplifying ordering of the products together and testing and validating best practice configurations. And we will be publishing a technical solutions guides. We also feel that with PoE+ and a high power budget on our small Gig switch we will have the opportunity to attach ERS 3500 to WLAN 8100 sales to power access points and have investment protection for when 3x3 802.11n access points or 802.11ac higher powered access points come to market. The other value is to make it easier for our partner to install, manage and support Avaya solutions by having a pre-validated interoperable solution that just works; which can support features such as plug and play for IP phones. We will also be coming out with a quick start switch installation script called “run IP Office” that will automate the set-up process so voice centric individuals will be able to deploy the ERS 3500 in conjunction with a UC deployment quickly and easily. Also simplifying things for the partner will be having Avaya as the single source for technical support and being able to access best practice configurations to guarantee the performance of the end to end solution.
User Experience - Better response times for interactive applications like Collaboration, Video & Gaming - You can auto-save files more often, reducing the risk of lost work as saving files doesn’t delay you - Faster back-ups and restore means less time waiting for a backup to complete. You will backup more often and further reduce the risk of lost work - Maximise performance of devices with Gigabit interfaces, particularly servers - Alternative to new high speed Wifi technologies where security and speed are important Investment Protection - 10x capacity of 10/100 fast Ethernet - Runs over your existing Cat 5 cabling - Extra network capacity to accommodate growth in traffic, applications, usage and rich multimedia content - Ease of migration from 10/100 Ethernet, plug n play and backwards compatible - Low incremental cost
1. Build your SME revenue withAvaya Networking!Paul Compton (Avaya) email@example.comDavid Garwood (Westcon) firstname.lastname@example.org
2. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 2Unique Characteristics of the SMELimited IT staffEquipment must beeasy to install,operate andtroubleshootTight budgetsEquipment must fit tightbudgets and be cost-effective to operate24x7 availabilityreliability and uptimeincreasingly morecritical in this spaceMore for lessEnterprise-classfeatures at SME prices
3. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 3SME Business Collaboration Solution UC Components– IP Office System– Hard and soft clients– Applications– Video LAN– ERS 3500 or ERS 4000 Series WAN and WLAN– Secure Router 2330, WLAN 810010/100 /1000Power overEthernet10/100/GigEthernetAvaya IPOfficeAvayaEthernetRoutingSwitch 3500WirelessAccess PointAvaya SecureRouterAvaya 9600Series IP phoneAvaya Flare®Communicatorfor iPad DeviceAvaya Ethernet Routing Switchesdeliver secure and reliable networkconnectivity (and power) for usersand their devices within a small officeSmall office deployment
4. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 4Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch 3500 Cost effective Gigabit and FastEthernet connectivity for SMEs 8 & 24 port models with Gig uplinks 80 Gbps of stacking capacity PoE and PoE+ capabilities Fanless operation for openenvironments (retail, hospitality) Extends the value of stackableEnterprise portfolio to Mid Market,SME and small branchesHighlightsOverview Pre-validated interoperability Simple Setup – Run IP Office 1 min plug & play for IP phones Resilient stacking for growth Lifetime Warranty Quiet operation (ERS 3510)Perfect for IP Office
5. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 5ERS 3500 Value: Simplifying Installation One command provisions the switch/switch stack in under aminute Enables voice centric installers to deploy ERS 3500 byautomating VLAN, QoS and IP phone auto discoveryconfiguration. Two scripts: Simple (single command) or flexible (enter in a fewIP addresses) Suitable for 1-200 users Value:– Reduction of errors through automation– Quality of Experience guaranteed– Fast deployments – from hours to minutes for multiple devices– No requirement for specialized data expertise Also coming to ERS 4000 and 5000 soon!Quick start Installation Script for IP Office
6. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 6ERS 3500 Value: Simplifying OperationsPlug and Play IP phonesEthernetRoutingSwitch3500Avaya IP Phones“Using a combination of LLDP and Auto Detection/ Auto Configuration features,new IP phones could be deployed and operational around the one minute mark”Miercom, August 2011IP Office Simple adds, moves andchanges No need for contractor tomove phones – employeescan do it themselves Dynamic configuration of boththe phone and the attachedEthernet port Avoid intensive configurationon non-Avaya switches
7. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 7ERS 3500 Value: Simplifying GrowthResilient Stacking*Return cablefor failsafestackingReplace aSwitch Quicklyand EasilyCost effective fixed-formatswitches in a chassis likeformation* Not available on ERS 3510GT/-PWR+ What is it?– Multiple fixed format Ethernet switches to be “stacked”together in a chassis formation What is the Value?– Improved availability– Auto Unit Replacement– Linear scaling– Simplified management– No licencing required, just the stack cables Not all stacking is created equal!– Avaya: 1stto market with resilient stacking in 1998– Avaya only vendor to break 1Tbps barrier for stacking– ERS 3500 stacking equivalent to many competitor highend stackable products
8. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 8ERS 3500 Value: Reducing Operating Costs Lifetime Hardware Warranty– Next Business DayReplacement Lifetime Technical Support– Lifetime Basic Support– 90 days Advanced Support Optional Software Subscription– Nominal fee for softwareupdates Plus energy efficiency andcompetitive services!Avaya’s Lifetime Warranty
9. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 99ERS 3500 v 4000 ComparisonsAttribute ERS 3500 ERS 4000Deployment/# of users Smaller Office/5-100 Larger Office/50-1,000Form Factor 8 port, 24 port 24 port, 48 portEthernet Speeds 10/100 and Gig 10/100 and GigPower over Ethernet (PoE) Full PoE+ Full PoE or PoE+Fanless (quiet) Operation Yes - 3526T, 3510GT3510GT-PWR+ (≤60W)NoResilient Stacking Yes (except 3510models)YesStack licencing No (cable only) No (cable included)Stack Performance (8 units) 80 Gbps 384 GbpsAutomated set-up withAvaya IP OfficeYes POR (5.6.3)Centralised Management Yes YesEnterprise Features Yes Yes+Lifetime Warranty Yes YesAPL Pricing $653-$2,250 $2,295-$7,995
10. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 10Addressing SME/Mid Market/Small Branch Challenges Limited or no local IT staff– ERS 3500 simplifies edge operations Lack of dedicated wiring closet space– ERS 3500 is suitable for open spaces Tight budgets– ERS 3500 is cost effective to purchase andoperate Feature equivalency with enterpriseproducts– ERS 3500 delivers 100+ enterprise class featureswith form factors & price points suitable for SMEs Requirement for extended product lifecycle– ERS 3500 enables pay as you grow scaling andcomes with a roadmapOf SME’s are upgradinglegacy systems to drivedown maintenance costsand increase workerproductivityCTIA64%
11. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 1111ERS 3500 Value for Partners
12. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 1212Looking for Opportunities SMEs deploying converged IP Officesystems and need to upgrade their LAN Enterprises with remote branches Small 8-port powered switch in public WiFizones or large conference areassupporting a cluster of access points Video surveillance in remote areas Fanless models provide stronger play inkey verticals such as education,healthcare and hospitality Organisations that host events and requiresmall switches to extend the reach oftheir network for a period of time
13. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 1313Upsell the Benefits of Gigabit User Experience– Faster downloads, quicker response– Faster back-ups and auto-save –reduce risk– Maximise performance of devices with Gigabit interfaces,particularly servers– Alternative to high-speed WiFi where speed and security areimportant Investment Protection– 10x capacity of 10/100 fast Ethernet – use existing Cat 5 cabling– Extra network capacity to accommodate growth in traffic,applications, usage and rich multimedia content– Ease of migration from 10/100 Ethernet– Lower incremental cost
14. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 1414Overcoming ObjectionsAvaya’s history inswitching dates back to1985 when Wellfleet andSynoptics formed BayNetworks. We have anextensive installed basedating back through theBayStack brand.“Why haven’tI heard ofAvayaswitches?”Avaya offers uniquedifferentiation when soldas part of an IP Officesolution that 3rdpartyvendors can’t meet.“My companyis only willingto look at thetop 3 switchingvendors”Avaya offers the bestvalue for money in theindustry. Our price pointsare comparable, however,we offer valuable features(PoE+, stacking, LTW,etc) that preservecustomers investment &keep costs low“Edge switchesare acommodity. Iwant thecheapestoption”
15. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 1515Current Offers from Avaya Win with IP Office– SME competitor system displacement with IP Office– Now includes ERS 3500 attach Triple 7 for IP Office– Legacy Avaya/Nortel SME system replacement with IP Office– Now includes ERS 3500 attach 3500 Stack– Attach ERS 3500 to any other converged IP Office sale– Sell ERS 3500 into any SME, Mid Market or small branch officeopportunity All contribute to the Avaya Grow Right programme forQoQ growth of strategic Avaya productsContact Westcon for details+
16. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 1616Resources and Call to Action Resources– SME promotions via www.avaya.com/partnerportal– ERS 3500 Partner Pitch Pack– ERS 3500 Quick Set-Up with IP Office Video– ERS 3500 Quick Set-up Customer Brochure– ERS 3500 Quick Set-up Configuration Flyer– UK Case Study: Synexus Position for SME, Mid Market and Small Branch Emphasise differentiators Attach to every converged IP Office Sale
18. Why Westcon & Avaya Networking• Pre Sales Support• Pre packaged services• Bespoke and standard Technical / SalesTraining• Large Avaya Data stock holding
19. Thank you…
20. Back up
21. © 2012 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 2121ERS 3500 v 2500 ComparisonsAttribute ERS 3500 ERS 2500Form Factor 8 port, 24 port 24 port, 48 portEthernet Speeds 10/100 and Gig 10/100 onlyPoE Full PoE+ 50% PoEFanless Operation Yes - 3526T, 3510GT3510GT-PWR+ (≤60W)NoResilient Stacking Yes (except 3510 models) YesStack licencing No (cable only) Yes (cable included)Stack Performance (8 units) 80 Gbps 32 GbpsAutomated set-up withAvaya IP OfficeYes NoCentralised Management Yes YesEnterprise Features Yes YesLifetime Warranty Yes YesAPL Pricing $653-$2,250 $653-$2,995Note: ERS 2500 will be End of Sale in December 2013